• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

yep -he is the one :) -also he is flying down a Subaru Tuner from UK - for the upgrade.

-- you are right -- that's why its a risk to speed during daytime. As stated by you - something could go wrong - also if we get involved in a fatal accident and even if you get off without injury or jail term - we would spend the rest of life thinking about the life/lives taken by us - because of a joy ride. :(. i have always maintained that any fool can go fast -its a matter of pressing the accelerator- but the skill is keeping the car in control ALWAYS and also --always envisaging probable accidents and taking precautions to avert same.

Btw why 'Haltech MXL Dash'? good as the original dash - maybe of a STi 9? - advantages pls? price & from where to buy? thanks.

keep us update when the rolling road arrives to SL, 'Haltech MXL Dash and same type ones has many features, check this - http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_info.p...roducts_id=1924, also whats the ECU u guys planing to put ? piggy back or standalone ?

keep us update when the rolling road arrives to SL, 'Haltech MXL Dash and same type ones has many features, check this - http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_info.p...roducts_id=1924, also whats the ECU u guys planing to put ? piggy back or standalone ?

Thanks for the link- dashes offered look great - with so many features. Wonder whether it'll have a dash to fit a STi? Will research later.

also whats the ECU u guys planing to put ? piggy back or standalone ?

Actually i've made a mistake -- the ecu is not replaced - but 'remapped'. From what i can gather --the tuning will be done through the ECUTEK software installed on the laptop of the tuner.

[Hope the forum member will correct me - if i have made a mistake.]

Not sure when the dyno will arrive --hope the said forum member will enlighten us. Hopefully it'll arrive soon - in time for the upgrade.

I think the dyno will be most sought after - since it'll be the one & only in S. L.

Anyway he should be commended for even thinking of getting a dyno for S. L. :)

Edited by mirage7777

Thats because all JDM (Jap Domestic Models) have a speed limiter at 180km/h. Country regulation for car manufacturer. You can get the ECU adjusted to ignore that 180 limiter. The reason export models have 220-240 or even 260 is the importing country has no upper limit on the capable speeds.

Let's hope one of our do-gooders doesn't see this and insist the maximum speed of a car being imported into SL should be 60kmph :D

Thanks for the link- dashes offered look great - with so many features. Wonder whether it'll have a dash to fit a STi? Will research later.

Actually i've made a mistake -- the ecu is not replaced - but 'remapped'. From what i can gather --the tuning will be done through the ECUTEK software installed on the laptop of the tuner.

[Hope the forum member will correct me - if i have made a mistake.]

Not sure when the dyno will arrive --hope the said forum member will enlighten us. Hopefully it'll arrive soon - in time for the upgrade.

I think the dyno will be most sought after - since it'll be the one & only in S. L.

Anyway he should be commended for even thinking of getting a dyno for S. L. :)

Sir,

Dyno for testing cars is on fitting process in Colombo very soon it will be in operation.

Wijesinghe.

Let's hope one of our do-gooders doesn't see this and insist the maximum speed of a car being imported into SL should be 60kmph :D

Hmmmm... the Southern Highway supposed to have a speed of 100-120kmph... wonder how the the silly speeding laws will apply to that...

From what I hear you can get the whole setup starting at £14995.00 before taxes and import costs.

Don't know why some people pretend as if they are the keepers of state secrets.

The below website is just one of them. Plenty of other companies that sell Rolling roads.

http://dynocom.eu/

Why no one brought them down before? I guess there was no need/demand then as it is now.

Edited by VVTi

From what I hear you can get the whole setup starting at £14995.00 before taxes and import costs.

Don't know why some people pretend as if they are the keepers of state secrets.

The below website is just one of them. Plenty of other companies that sell Rolling roads.

http://dynocom.eu/

Why no one brought them down before? I guess there was no need/demand then as it is now.

4WD Rolling Roads are bit more expensive right ? no point of bringing 2WD Rolling Road to Sl, anyway i hope this Dyno comes to CMB soon, cus we also has a car to tune for High boost, at the moment we tune it for 0.7 while driving on roads and it was a headache

4WD Rolling Roads are bit more expensive right ? no point of bringing 2WD Rolling Road to Sl, anyway i hope this Dyno comes to CMB soon, cus we also has a car to tune for High boost, at the moment we tune it for 0.7 while driving on roads and it was a headache

Sir,

This Dyno unit has front and rear Rollers. Because Srilanka needs this type of equipment owner has invested on same.

(ANSWER TO POST BY ANOTHER MEMBER OF THIS FORUM Don't know why some people pretend as if they are the keepers of state secrets)

I did not get permission from the owner who fix it in his work shop to inform others.

I fix some other Auto servicing unit there.

Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

• 1 month later...

I hit 120kmph on my boss's Alto on Green Path on the way to work. I pray he's not reading this, but I actually didn't expect such good pulling from a Maruti! ;)

Car is very well maintained tho..

BTW, I never again got to drive it.. hmm..

I thought I ve driven faster, obviously not...

135kmph Toyota Hiace Dolphin SuperGL 1989 (almost killed my self once)

120kmph Toyota Prado Petrol 3.5 V6 2008 (not mine, fathers and don't want to make any dings on his pride and joy)

• 4 months later...

Was going through some old threads and found this. Thought about reviving it. Would like to see what you guys have been up to in these last few months... (Plus I'm tired of reading the same old threads over and over again.... if you know what I mean.... :))

90 - 100 kmph in a very old and hacked doctor Sunny on Galle road.

80 - 90 kmph on Chilaw road in a Maruti 800. Didn't go any faster cause well, I wasn't alone in the car and it didn't seem too happy about the speed.

120 kmph in Colombo in my Tuscani, for now... :P Have one damaged tyre and besides, you never know where a trishaw might emerge from.