• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

Top Speed: 160Km/h

Machine: 2001 Honda City Vtec

Mods: None

Road: Road stretching from Ampara to Mahiyanganaya

What prevented you from going further: I simply didn't have the extra gutz...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Engine Max out/Speed limiting device/road/simply you didn't have the b*lls to go further...]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okey guys this is a carry over from the old forum, for those who are new to autolanka and even the new members who missed the last few days of the old forum, I recommend a visit to the old thread and have a look at some of the outrageous answers our dear members had given to the last question ...

What prevented you from going further:

Click here to go to the old thread

Here goes the summary so far...

ts11vx.png

ts27az.png

ts31lf.png

Top Speed: 160 Km/h

Machine: 2002 Mark II 2.5Ltr

Road: Baseline Road, Startin from Borella Kanatha to Apollo Hospital.

What prevented you from going further: The Car was skiding a bit and there was no control. :D

Top Speed: 210 Km/h

Machine: 2005 Mazda Attenza/Mazda 6, 2.3ltr 6 speed manual

Road: Habarana Road

What prevented you from going further: Brand New car, didnt want to take the risk of going further. :lol:

Top Speed: 170 Km/h (something like 166 km/h)

Machine: 2003 Mazda Axela/Mazda 3

Road: Baseline Road,

What prevented you from going further: Car was skiddin and pulling to one side. :)

Top Speed: 160 Km/h

Machine: 2002 Mark II 2.5Ltr

Road: Baseline Road, Startin from Borella Kanatha to Apollo Hospital.

What prevented you from going further: The Car was skiding a bit and there was no control. :D

What prevented you from going further: Brand New car, didnt want to take the risk of going further. :lol:

What prevented you from going further: Car was skiddin and pulling to one side. :)

ZUL r u sulaiman's neighbor by any chance...d dude wit a yellow mazda 3

What prevented you from going further: Brand New car, didnt want to take the risk of going further. :D

What prevented you from going further: Car was skiddin and pulling to one side. :o

U have a Mazda3 AND a Mazda6? Max respect man. All hail ZuL!

(That sounds strangely cult movie summin :D )

ah yes.. forgot about that whole eunos thing.. btw, it's still at that sale ...

:D That Eunos is a wreck man, it's falling apart, and the inside is flooded with water, no battery, flat tyres no seat belts and the guy at the sale wanted 1.2 Mil saying it's a V6. Ha ha ha. And ole Mr. Pericles here still likes it.

:D That Eunos is a wreck man, it's falling apart, and the inside is flooded with water, no battery, flat tyres no seat belts and the guy at the sale wanted 1.2 Mil saying it's a V6. Ha ha ha. And ole Mr. Pericles here still likes it.

It had certainly deteorated big time from when I last posted to the time max and I went to see it a couple of weeks ago. Maybe our visit motivated the guy to fix it a bit before putting it on display again, coz max said all he was willing to offer was 8, considering the shape it was in :D Anyway, after that last visit, the willing to pay price went all the way down :o Maybe if he fixes it, I would still like that engine.

Top Speed: 180Km/h

Machine: 2001 Honda Civic - RS

Mods: K&N Air flow system/ ProRacer 5Zigen exhaust /ZEAL all around racing suspension

Road: Marine Drive (from Milagiriya Avenue to the Majestic City Turnoff)

What prevented you from going further: ran out of road! (& a motorcycle without braking lights!)

.........................................................................................................................................................

Top Speed: 155Km/h

Machine: 1997 Nissan Pulsar CJ2

Mods: None (full injector clean up and new plugs & alignemnt of wheels)

Road: Negombo - Colombo Road, NEGOMBO

What prevented you from going further: thats all the car could do

.........................................................................................................................................................

Top Speed: 115Km/h

Machine: 1999 Nissan Pulsar V-ZR

Mods: Stock standard

Road: Indipendance Square during heavy traffic

What prevented you from going further: C O P S

Top Speed: 105Km/h

Machine: 2001 Nissan March

Mods: "only God knows"

Road: Duplication Road

What prevented you from going further: "House of Fashion" (damn it)

Top Speed: 120Km/h (maybe 110 to 120) ( was in 4th gear till like 100)

Machine: 1990 Isuzu Gemini JT641 Turbo

Road: Parliament Road, Battaramulla

New Kandy Road section in Battaramulla, from Pannipitiya road junc to Robert Gunawardana

Mawatha junc (road crossing)

Galle Road (from Katubedhha junction --> Rawathawaththa junction)

Marine Drive ( part of it -- always had some peeps blocking the way )

What prevented you from going further: no more road to speed up

............................................................................................................................................................

Top Speed: 125Km/h (120 - 125) (in 4th gear)

Machine: 1998 Fiat Punto SX 75

Road: Parliament Road, Battaramulla

Marine Drive ( part of it -- always had some peeps blocking the way )

What prevented you from going further: no more road to speed up

• 7 months later...

Ok I thought that I should ask you speedoholics on how fast you've gone? Doesn't matter if you were driving or simply sitting in the passengers seat. I will start with myself. I have hit 169kmph while taking my Honda EK3 VI out on a spin.......... :D Ok shoot now and beat that if you can!?! Pls be honest alrite?

Machang... I believe this SURVEY was done before... and it included some scary speeds too :D ...Maybe the Moderators can correct me if I'm wrong....

I think the survey should be split into high way driving abroad and Sri lanka into two separate sections.

I've done 140mph on a standard Civic Type-R. But that was around 2am on a straight piece of motorway.

It would be pretty difficult to reach that sort of speed in Sri Lanka.

I think the survey should be split into high way driving abroad and Sri lanka into two separate sections.

I've done 140mph on a standard Civic Type-R. But that was around 2am on a straight piece of motorway.

It would be pretty difficult to reach that sort of speed in Sri Lanka.

lol especially with most JDM cars being restricted to 180 from the factory :lol:

lol especially with most JDM cars being restricted to 180 from the factory :)

ya thats the main problem, and i have seen many cars tuching the 180 mark bt those Modified Ecu's Remove the Cut off so i can feel the speed incresing, bt cant see the actual speed cus the speedometer stops at 180, so its very difficult to say the Actual speed bt i saw some cars with Digital Speedometers

Me In Passenger Seat

Thivankas DC5 180+

Nigel Type R ( With NOS ) 180+

Nigel WRX 180+

Nirosh WRX 180+

Nirosh SIR ( Type R Spec ) 180+

Mark Ceres GT ( i think 180+ bt the speedometer isnt working :lol: )

Nishantha EK3 160+

Me Driving

My Accent Ecu Speed limit cut off at 155

Edited by GihanFX

Fastest Ever was in a Porsche 911 Turbo (2003 Model) at 252 Km/h (in the passenger seat) in Tokyo, Japan... You dont even feel the speed on those motorways to be honest... we could have been doing 150 and it would have felt the same... hehe.. at one point we were doing 180 km/h and a Porshe Gemballa Edition GT3 went flying past us as if we were standing still... will never forget the sound of that car as it went past us.. unbelievable...

80Km/h......on parliament Rd with 8 guys in a Daihastu Charade with AC on!! - Top that and U'll have my respect!!

How - all the seats were removed except driver's seat (for interior painting) + liquid courage! (back in 1995)

169MPH down the katu main straight at 12000rpm on 4th gear on a 1999 Yamaha R1 (Modified)..... not enough distance to get up to 6th gear :( .. so I dont know how much my R1 would max-out at.

Edited by shamitz

lol especially with most JDM cars being restricted to 180 from the factory :D

:( Yea that would be pretty difficult!

I can't beleive JDM cars are restricted to 180! Thats crazy!

But I think they can be de-limited fairly easily, right?