• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia Sorento fuel consumption

zanzibar

I bought a 2014 Sorento Diesel AWD few months back. I haven't been able to go for any long trips in the Sorento due to the COVID-19 situation. So most of my trips are within the city limits in moderate to high traffic with lots of stops usually.

So far I have noticed the trip meter shows around 18-20L/100km (~5-6kmpl).

Is this in usual or should i get something checked?

TIA

Sent from my SM-G975F using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

1 hour ago, zanzibar said:

I bought a 2014 Sorento Diesel AWD few months back. I haven't been able to go for any long trips in the Sorento due to the COVID-19 situation. So most of my trips are within the city limits in moderate to high traffic with lots of stops usually.

TIA

seems about right for city traffic. Personally havent owned one but had a friend with a santafe that did about the same.

In case you are curious on fuel savings in city,  do a tuneup, clean your pumps, change oil to a thinner grade(fully synthetic), check your air filters, oil filters etc, keep aircon on 24 and high fan instead of lo/18 degrees to cool ur cabin, never use chinese tyres and also fill them to a proper pressure and most of all drive with a light foot. you might end up doing a few extra kms on your fill up.   

seems about right for city traffic. Personally havent owned one but had a friend with a santafe that did about the same.
In case you are curious on fuel savings in city,  do a tuneup, clean your pumps, change oil to a thinner grade(fully synthetic), check your air filters, oil filters etc, keep aircon on 24 and high fan instead of lo/18 degrees to cool ur cabin, never use chinese tyres and also fill them to a proper pressure and most of all drive with a light foot. you might end up doing a few extra kms on your fill up.   

If this is in expected range i am fine with it [emoji2]
I saw people quoting 10-12kmpl value in few forums. So was wondering whether there is something that need to be checked at.

As for the tyres, the ones that came were Nexen ones. May be thats something i'll change after a while. I drive mostly with a heavy foot [emoji1787] and i think that will be a bit hard to change.

Thanks for the tips mate.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 8:32 PM, zanzibar said:

TIA

My family owns two sorentos and I've been driving them for about 6 months now. I've noticed the one with extra mileage does little less on economy. However, mine does about 9-11L/100km in city traffic.

Hope this helps.

On 10/30/2020 at 11:04 PM, zanzibar said:
On 10/30/2020 at 1:01 PM, Twin Turbo said:
better make plans for an ATF change,.

ATF change was done just before I bought the vehicle. The first ATF change involves some additional work right(heard this from the Kia agents)?

As they told be, ATF change being done at the Agents include the entire package. 

On 11/24/2020 at 9:56 AM, Thyaga said:
My family owns two sorentos and I've been driving them for about 6 months now. I've noticed the one with extra mileage does little less on economy. However, mine does about 9-11L/100km in city traffic.
Hope this helps.

Mine has 70000km mileage now. As i originally posted its doing nowhere near what you have posted. My trips have been almost entirely within the city under heavy traffic so far.

Edited by zanzibar

2 hours ago, JayZ said:

My Sorento 2014, (67k KMs on odo) also does around 12-14L/100km in heavy city traffic. 

Econ mode is always off and heavy footed of course. 

If driven moderately, easily can reach 10-11L/100km in city traffic.

Hmm... so definitely something to be checked i guess.

@JayZ any places you would recommend to do a check up other than Kia?

3 hours ago, zanzibar said:

Hmm... so definitely something to be checked i guess.

@JayZ any places you would recommend to do a check up other than Kia?

18-20L/100km is definitely something needs checking. 

As mentioned before start with Air filter. Once I found out Kia agent didn't replace the Air filter at the service but charged for it. So until you open up the box and check for ur self don't take the bill as proof. 

I haven't done any tune ups yet, only regular maintenance. And mine is the 2WD version. Not the AWD. So it may save a bit too on fuel, but not by a huge margin.

There is a famous place in Pannipitiya - Malabe road who does Korean and Euro services, specially Land Rovers. Used to take my previous Rexton there, service is not bad. They do Kia Services too. 

• Like 1