• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Current Market Value for old cars

AnjanaJay

Hi all,

I'm planning to invest on my first car, but my taste is rather old so need some help with actual market pricing....

I'm mainly into pop-up headlights (idk why I wasn't even born in 80's but its soo cool)

choices of cars are as follows, just need some opinions and market pricing... aside from the fuel consumption are they a good choice for someone.

1. AE86 Tureno (85 would do too)
  2. MR2 both AW11 & SW20
  3. FC3S & FD3S
  4. S13 (big fan of Sil80)
  5. E30 M3

Any recommendations? budget is flexible lets keep it at 2 mil.

TIA

All your cars are pretty rare in SL except for the last one...

16 hours ago, AnjanaJay said:

AE86 Tureno (85 would do too)

All the Truenos in the country are AE85s. There was one AE86 but that is now running Sylvia running gear and interior bits.

Price goes anything from 1.2mil to 2.5mil depending on the level of restoration and restomods.

16 hours ago, AnjanaJay said:

MR2 both AW11 & SW20

Same deal as the Trueno but higher in price..a few 10s and 20s are around with really really bad mods (we are talking abotu plastic buckets as body kit mods)

3...there are a few around...one or two of them are running JZ engines...

4. E30 M3...none in the country.

You can look at the pulsar with popup lights too. Then there are Mark III Supras as well but those are not up for grabs and would cost a pretty penny too.

Now...let me tell you about pop-up lights...they look cool and all..but they are a pain in the rear end to maintain...especially the old Toyotas. The relays are 30+ years old and get fidgity...they willstart winking...not actually working when you want them to...they will take turns in not working....they will pop up at varying levels...and the worst yet....YOU GET NO PARTS FOR IT ! The retractor relay for the old Toyotas are not in production anymore...so are you sure you want pop-up lights ? :D (you get used ones but they cost about 300USD for the relay...motors run for about 150US per side).

If pop up headlights is your main requirement, why not consider a Mazda 323F / Astina? They came until the mid nineties and therefore relatively new compared to the models you have chosen and therefore I would bet you would have a better chance in finding one with the pop up lights actually working ?. These cars are built on a reliable platform and would be easy to maintain as well. Since its a rather common model here in SL, you would have a better chance in finding one in good condition and sourcing parts would be easier as well. and the best part would be that they are usually priced in the 10-11Lack range and with your budget, you would have plenty of cash in hand if you need to do any repair work to get it to a prime state. However, its not the best looking compared to the sexy machines in your list though ?

8 hours ago, iRage said:

I dunno man....in the right spec and right optional parts and tasteful mods..it can look pretty good.

Yeah.. it definitely looks cool on the front end but that rear end really doesn't float my boat. that spoiler/wing thingy (what do we call it actually? ?) combined with the fastback spoils it for me. Anyways looks are subjective. I suppose many would find those looks appealing ?

61vlkjh714431.jpg

On 10/24/2020 at 11:21 PM, AnjanaJay said:

I'm mainly into pop-up headlights

On 10/25/2020 at 4:20 PM, iRage said:

Now...let me tell you about pop-up lights...they look cool and all..but they are a pain in the rear end to maintain...especially the old Toyotas.

Agreed with the pop up headlights - a year or so back we went to see a Corolla 2 (which was a rust bucket) with pop up headlights and presto only one of them came up :D 

BTW if pop-up headlights is one of the biggest factors and if you can live with Front wheel drive why not an EL30 series Tercel/Corolla2 GP Turbo ? You get pop up headlights along with a 3E-TE.  These go for around 1 Mil. so you have a buffer to sort things out (mind you most of these do have some work to do at this age) I saw this posted on facebook the other day and was asking about 1Mil. 

image.png.ed4a9a79675263f7ead62ad3d7e92b50.png

On 10/27/2020 at 3:34 AM, LashNeo said:

that spoiler/wing thingy (what do we call it actually? ?)

It is a dual spoiler setup...the stock spoiler was the wrap around one and the little one was an optional unit. Wrap around spoilers were all the rage back in the day..everything from the Sera to the Corolla/Corona liftbacks to the RZ-1 had it :) One of those 80s to 90s things.

On 10/25/2020 at 6:50 PM, iRage said:

...they look cool and all..but they are a pain in the rear end to maintain...especially the old Toyotas. The relays are 30+ years old and get fidgity...they willstart winking...not actually working when you want them to...they will take turns in not working....they will pop up at varying levels...and the worst yet....YOU GET NO PARTS FOR IT ! The retractor relay for the old Toyotas are not in production anymore...so are you sure you want pop-up lights ? :D (you get used ones but they cost about 300USD for the relay...motors run for about 150US per side).

Plus taking up space in the engine bay... the two corners obviously gets quite cramped... And aerodynamics.. With the lights up, I could actually feel the front end getting lighter at highway speeds in my Mx-5  :D  Wont be an issue with a substantially sized car obviously, but with 900+ kilos to haul around, those popups were like air brakes when up!  :D 

58 minutes ago, MrCat said:

Plus taking up space in the engine bay

The Toyota ones for the most part are not that bulky...plenty of room between the radiator and the grill even with the motors...and the covers are pretty small and the lights gets tucked under the blank space directly behind the bumper and inbetween the wheel arch cover. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...