• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Project A - Not Built. Not Bought.

MasterDon

1 hour ago, MasterDon said:

Yes. Red on red will clash very badly.

Not to forget I have to keep to original factory colour combos as much as possible.

Very true. White seats would also look good I’m guessing. But they might take the factory look.

Any chance you could post a pic of the 500s? 

rust bucket 500 was quoted 1.5m recently. 

Such a cute car.

• 3 weeks later...

Approx 3 months in to project...

After a colour was picked, the engine was pulled out and bay and bulkhead was finished in body colour. I was not present, so no pics.

Body was prepped further with several guide coats and ironing out imperfections.

20201006_162318.thumb.jpg.f6d9573a6eb3fbf3f64782fc9d6633ae.jpg20200805_132736.thumb.jpg.f7969eaf34c36511bde834bd1be0ef13.jpg

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

So that's it! You are all up to date!

From start to finish the process took about four and a half months. Lockdowns didn't help.

There are some minor things like upholstery, engine detailing and chrome work to be done. I will see to them depending on Covid curfew and state of import restrictions. I will post an update once car is fully completed.

I'll need to see Sylvi sir regarding the windscreen as well!

I will run the car now until that time.

So untill then, consider this project as complete. Hope you enjoyed this little journey with me. PM me, if you have any questions or need any advice and I'll answer them the best I can(hopefully I'll get an email notification if I get a PM). I don't pretend to be an expert, just a very well informed and experienced enthusiast.

It was great to be back at AL posting regularly, felt just like old times.

Bye from me and 2 sri 355!

IMG_20201128_174151_749.thumb.jpg.22c67b5c2ea8df421a522a967475bfe1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MasterDon said:

So that's it! You are all up to date!

From start to finish the process took about four and a half months. Lockdowns didn't help.

Wow! That was crazy quick! Am amazed by the speed at which it was all done...Nice!  

Edited by Kavvz