• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Turbo

Eranga929

Question

Hi,

I am driving a 2019 Civic ex.

I gotta replace the Turbo having driven only 28,000km. Heard most of the civic users are facing this issue. Suspect it was caused by the semi synthetic engine oil. The cost of repairing is pretty high as well. Looking for advice or any recommendations. Need to know which exactly cause this issue!

cheers.

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Eranga929 said:

Hi,

I am driving a 2019 Civic ex.

I gotta replace the Turbo having driven only 28,000km. Heard most of the civic users are facing this issue. Suspect it was caused by the semi synthetic engine oil. The cost of repairing is pretty high as well. Looking for advice or any recommendations. Need to know which exactly cause this issue!

cheers.

I think i saw your post in the Civic group on Facebook as well - I wouldn't say it's a 'common' issue but has affected several users. It could be individual usage -Mind you this is a tiny turbo so usage patterns might play a part. 

As for the Oil what did you exactly use?

EDIT :  Misread your post regarding the Semi Synthetic oil. 

Edited by matroska
Misread your post regarding the Semi Synthetic oil. 

Sorry to hear. First of all owners manual recommends synthetic. 5W-20 or 10w-30 so why on earth did you use the wrong oil? 

I havnt heard of too many owners having  this problem and I have seen a few cars which have done mileages in excess of 60,000 + locally. Though the 1.5t versions an oil dilution issue which causes the cars to stall particularly in cold climates. 

Are you servicing at Stafford? Wat was their diagnosis? 

My recommendation is to get it done elsewhere as Stafford will probably charge you and arm and leg for the repair and if they have been using the wrong oil doesn't speak too highly about their capabilities.