• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying an Audi A4

hondacivic

Question

Hi All,

I have sold the Honda Civic FD1 i have used for several years now and I am looking to buy an Audi A4. My preference is the 2016 model, budget is around 8 - 9 mil. Currently using my Wife's car until i find a good one and also i am thinking of waiting for the import restrictions to be lifted so the vehicle prices become sensible again. However i would love if you could share any experiences you have had or heard of, regarding the A4 2016 model. I have done some research on the net and i saw some complaints about wiring, cooling and transmission, however i am not sure if users is SL have experienced these. So appreciate if you could share your valuable comments or experiences. There were several threads here for A4 buying advise but not for a recent model such as the 2016.

- I have maintained the civic at Stafford from day 1 i bought. 

- I wouldnt mind spending few extra $ for the European badge.

TIA..

14 answers to this question

I would go for the 2.0L for the extra oomph

However majority of them at your price bracket would be hotel taxis with very high mileage

Try to find one with private ownership with full service  history (may be 1st owner)

16 minutes ago, hondacivic said:

Thanks..most cars i saw have 80k plus mileage...wouldnt mind scraping a bit more $ for a less mileage vehicle?

Any issues that comes with high mileage?

Nope, I've seen these cars run up to 250k+ with proper maintenance. Find one that has been serviced correctly and on time.

15 hours ago, hondacivic said:

Thank you. What sort of costs i would be looking at? For regular services etc..

This will be my first european car

Don't expect it to be cheap. Honda is a cheap car to maintain compared to a Euro. Believe me personal experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajm said:

Don't buy a Euro if you are used to substandard maintenance with cheap low quality parts. You may get away with it with a jap, but a Euro will punish you hard!

Thanks. I maintained my civic at stafford from day one. I always went for genuine parts through agent so i do not think i would sacrifice the reliability by going for cheap parts from outside.

Edited by hondacivic

1 hour ago, kush said:

Don't expect it to be cheap. Honda is a cheap car to maintain compared to a Euro. Believe me personal experience.

Thanks..great to hear from your personal experience. 

I would like to know what i am looking at. A regular service at stafford would be around 15-18K, at 5K intervals. What will i have to expect extra in services?

Also could you please share some examples for the cost difference in regular parts, such as shocks break pads etc..

1 hour ago, hondacivic said:

Thanks..great to hear from your personal experience. 

I would like to know what i am looking at. A regular service at stafford would be around 15-18K, at 5K intervals. What will i have to expect extra in services?

Also could you please share some examples for the cost difference in regular parts, such as shocks break pads etc..

Agents - Service cost somewhere between 25-40K @ every 10K. (They now charge even for cleaning clothes, Excuse given in Covid and clothes are neatly packed and handed back to you :blink:)

Break pads wear out somewhere around 25K and cost me 65K to replace.

Also had a petrol leak. Cost me 5K for the repair and 38K for carrier charges :mellow:)

Mind you the vehicle imported through a friend and serviced by Bosch and then at the Agents.

My last two vehicles were a Vezel and a Mazda 06. The Audi maintenance cost is higher than both vehicles combined.

So overall you need to have spare cash in hand and since yours is a used one be ready.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

On 10/19/2020 at 11:38 AM, Quiet said:

Agents - Service cost somewhere between 25-40K @ every 10K. (They now charge even for cleaning clothes, Excuse given in Covid and clothes are neatly packed and handed back to you :blink:)

Break pads wear out somewhere around 25K and cost me 65K to replace.

Also had a petrol leak. Cost me 5K for the repair and 38K for carrier charges :mellow:)

Mind you the vehicle imported through a friend and serviced by Bosch and then at the Agents.

My last two vehicles were a Vezel and a Mazda 06. The Audi maintenance cost is higher than both vehicles combined.

So overall you need to have spare cash in hand and since yours is a used one be ready.

Hi, was this the B8 model?

Anyone else who drove/drives an audi A4 who can share their experience?