• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is buying a Honda Vezel for personal use wise decision?

Jude@1

'm planning to upgrade my WagonR 2018  for a Honda vezel 2015/14. 

Will it be a wise decision? 

When comparing the price difference in SL of Vezel 2014/2015 vs Vezel RS Sensing is almost 2 million. 

Is it better decision to go for RS Sensing Model at once or Later upgrade to that?

Highly appreciate your expertise ideas.

Thank you. 

Are you willing to accept the risks associated with the model ?

If you are going for a Hybrid variant, then the DCT issue is a concern and you do need to adjust your driving style and be thorough in maintenance. Then Honda Hybrids of this era are notorious for causing a whole string of problems throwing out all sorts of error codes because of issues with the Hybrid system (12V batteries going down, ventilation issues, etc...). Most of these things are rectifiable with proper care and use...but then there are the rare cases where the issue simply cannot be found (like the brake related issue with one of our members)

Then you need to make sure you find a vehicle that has been taken care of well and all the issues taken care of. If it is not taken care of then you need to negotiate on the price so that you can rectify them. But then...there is a risk....

As for the car itself....it is a lot more practical to use than the CHR. The interior and build quality is quite nice.

As for spending 2mil+ more on a RS with the Sensing package being worth while or not...that is your totally your call. For soem it would be..for some it won't be. So you need to calculate for yourself if what you get extra for a RS with the Sensing package over a standard grade is worth it to you or not. Also, keep in mind that in SL, thanks to utter morons in the car business, most of that 2mil is for the gold badges and weird shiny pieces (which in most cases are fake anyway).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kush said:

if you have a budget to go for a RS sensing why don't you look at a CRV 2012-2018

Utterly reliable

Only down side will be kmpl if you can live that

If the budget is the same then yes...the CRV is a much better overall car. But I am shocked that a RS Sensing Vezel is the same price as a CRV. WTH ?

As for fuel economy...might be lower than a Hybrid..yes...but I think the overall cost of ownership would be the same when you consider all the things that act up and have to be taken care of in the Vezel.

• Like 1

If a Honda-built SUV is your preference look no further than the CRV as kush suggested - yes it will not give you temporary satisfaction of 15 KMPL but in the long run it's a really reliable SUV that will just keep on running.  The thing with the hybrids is that whatever you save on fuel you eventually spend on some costly repair so you really can't have both ? 

Edited by matroska
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, iRage said:

If the budget is the same then yes...the CRV is a much better overall car. But I am shocked that a RS Sensing Vezel is the same price as a CRV. WTH ?

As for fuel economy...might be lower than a Hybrid..yes...but I think the overall cost of ownership would be the same when you consider all the things that act up and have to be taken care of in the Vezel.

2017-18 Vezel RS vs 2013-14 CRV

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kush said:

2017-18 Vezel RS vs 2013-14 CRV

Why is it even a question ? the CRV :) You are talking about a RM series CRV which was much simpler with a NA engine and far easier to sort out any issues than a Vezel. The CRV will have a better ride, equal refinement, if it is an export model (non JDM) then some bells and whistles might be missing but it makes up for it in every other way.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for all advices and suggestions.  Highly Appreciated. 

Toyota CRV is not a car i wish to buy. i will wait some more time and  try for Toyota CHR. 

But What i planned before was go the CHR through Honda Vezel

Even though many non positive comments generated for Honda vezel, all vezel cars are still in roads.