• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Exterior beading & plastics

Ultimo

For exterior plastics, 'Dash Original Shine' did the trick and preserved them in good condition over the years for me.

https://arpicosupercentre.com/house-hold/car-care/dash-original-shine-200ml-1.html?SID=0repbr6uf9vlhos13h1ke9t1n7

For tires, it was bit of a mix over the years. Actually, all the local brands of tire shine available in supermarkets such as 'Dash', 'STR' do a decent job on tires. But the reputed brands such as Simonz mentioned by GayanR tend to hold on for a longer period, especially during the rainy seasons

The agents used to have Meguair's Ultimate Black trim restorer which was pretty good. There also was Autoglym Trim Restorer Gel. I personally preferred the Autoglym one but it does not last as long as the Meguair's one. Also, I am pretty sure I saw Chemical Guy's Tire and Trim restorer being advertised on FB. Granted...these products ARE EXPENSIVE (well more than some of the above). However, they are pretty good and will not spoil the trim and will not leave an oily residue. All of these will last long and leave a better finish if you use some sort of speed wipe wax or hydrophobic protector.

My dad used Dash on the CRV sometime back but stopped. It used to have a high petroleum/oil content, thus it left an oily residue. Also when there is high petroleum in the formula the issue is that with high temperatures and intense sunlight it actually starts burning out the trim (i.e. fading it). So be careful about what you use. If I had to use between Simoniz and Dash I would go with Simoniz.