• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Can I know whether Suzuki Every(DA17V) Van has Gear Box of 5AT or 4AT?

SriMall

Question

Pls help me to find out below,

Im planning to buy a Suzuki Every Van( DA17V---latest model), In a vehicle specification site, I found that there are few transmission types of this VAN, such as below

5MT--Manual 5 steps  /  5AT--Automatic 5 Steps(May have Less Torque)   /4AT--Automatic 5 Steps(may have high torque)

But it is difficult for me to find 5AT & 4AT separately by chassis number , both are same 

image.png.8dc0f0749048808e5808365e5d19c417.png

Anyone knows how to  identify this ??

[email protected] , 0777334151

2 answers to this question

You can identify it by looking at the gear selector

If it has tiptronic then its 5AGS

SUZUKI EVERY

If its looks like a standard automatic then its 4AT

SUZUKI EVERY

The Join Turbo trim only came as 4AT or 5MT and from certain year(not sure which) the PC trim also was offered only as 4AT or 5MT.

The 5AGS is more economical and better in terms of performance, its more fun as well when you use the tiptronic, feels much like a proper manual vehicle.

If the 4AT is matted with a turbo option then the turbocharger evens out the power drop.

The downside of 5AGS is it can be bit jerky at times and hill starts can be tricky if you dont have the hill start assist feature