• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Small Auto Car for 2.0~2.6 Mn

Dhaham

Question

Dear Friends

I'm planning to buy a small auto gear car (to be used as an additional car) for 2~2.6Mn range. Japanese alto seems to exceed this price and those are not worth for current market price. What are your ideas about

Alto K10

Celerio

A-Star

Perodua Elite

Are there any known faults in those cars? 

10 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Dhaham said:

Dear Friends

I'm planning to buy a small auto gear car (to be used as an additional car) for 2~2.6Mn range. Japanese alto seems to exceed this price and those are not worth for current market price. What are your ideas about

Alto K10

Celerio

A-Star

Perodua Elite

Celerio and A-Star has a robotized manual gear box which is a manual with a auto clutch and a gear shift which is not ideal and can be jerky in traffic.

Perodua is a decent ride but old and many of them have done high milage.

Picanto could be another option at high end of your budget.

4 hours ago, Dhaham said:

Dear Friends

Alto K10

Celerio

A-Star

Perodua Elite

Wagon R

Japanese alto 

And many Kei cars will come to this budget 

Edited by priyanka

On 9/11/2020 at 8:28 AM, Dhaham said:

Dear Friends

Alto K10

Celerio

A-Star

Perodua Elite

A well maintained Perodua will be a good choice. Not a bad car at all. As kush said stretch the budget a bit and you can try a Picanto OR an Axia. 

23 minutes ago, MaleCortana said:

Could get a Starlet EP91 in mint condition for that price, parts are cheap and massive owner community to trouble shoot problems. Old and might not be as comfortable as newer cars though.

Yeah well Starlets are ridiculously overpriced BUT there's an abundance of recon parts and are very very simple cars. Parts are interchangeable and there's crazy mod potential if you're into that. For your budget a well maintained EP91 is definitely possible but of course the newest Starlet you'll be getting is 21 years old..if your mind can get over that fact that's an option ?

Also if you want to bring space and practicality into the equation Honda Fit GD1(non hybrid) is an option. Not sure a GE6 is possible now with current price inflation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/11/2020 at 8:28 AM, Dhaham said:

Dear Friends

Alto K10

Celerio

A-Star

Perodua Elite

May I suggest the Suzuki Swift as they call it the Jeep Model. (Ignis) 2004. Much more spacious than the ones on the list and the starlet.

My father uses one for 10 years as a second car for all the hardy work. (It almost get the job done of a pickup truck) The good ground clearance has been really advantageous. And its done almost 200k and no major repair so far. Just wear and tear.

3 hours ago, GK_007 said:

May I suggest the Suzuki Swift as they call it the Jeep Model. (Ignis) 2004. Much more spacious than the ones on the list and the starlet.

My father uses one for 10 years as a second car for all the hardy work. (It almost get the job done of a pickup truck) The good ground clearance has been really advantageous. And its done almost 200k and no major repair so far. Just wear and tear.

Yup. Good suggestion. I forgot to mention. My father in law has a Chevy Cruze (same vehicle underneath). And he has a very small coconut cultivation which can be accessed only via bad roads. So basically the car doubles up as a mini soft-roader. No mechanical issues after all these years only the interrior has started showing some age. 

Edited by matroska

3 hours ago, matroska said:

Yup. Good suggestion. I forgot to mention. My father in law has a Chevy Cruze (same vehicle underneath). And he has a very small coconut cultivation which can be accessed only via bad roads. So basically the car doubles up as a mini soft-roader. No mechanical issues after all these years only the interrior has started showing some age. 

Absolutely same case here,  its a part time coconut transporter for my dad as well. Can easily carry 20-30 coconuts in one go. ?

• Haha 1