• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Paint Paint Paint

Splat

Dear AL friends,

When it comes to painting a vehicle body what type of paint is normally used. As Sri Lanka is a tropical country is there a type or brand of paint to consider when painting a vehicle? One of our dear members “Davy” mentioned “Sikkens paint”. One gentleman told me Caus*wa*ee. Any experience or advice would be much appreciated. 

I too would recommend Sikkens. Used both Debeer and Sikkens on different cars but for my ones I used Sikkens. At the time it was mainly because it was easier to color match as it had a rather wide color palette (it is also an OEM paint for manufacturers). Based on what I observed we used a lot less paint as well as the color popped out and was placed with lesser coats (looked in to at the time and if I remember correct Sikkens had a very high color pigment ratio).

Deeber and SIkkens are equally good. At the end of the day what will make a paint job good or bad is more about the prep work (how the body was fixed, how much filler was used, was it cut properly, was it cleaned properly, how good was the primer and how well was it applied, etc...).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, iRage said:

I too would recommend Sikkens. Used both Debeer and Sikkens on different cars but for my ones I used Sikkens. At the time it was mainly because it was easier to color match as it had a rather wide color palette (it is also an OEM paint for manufacturers). Based on what I observed we used a lot less paint as well as the color popped out and was placed with lesser coats (looked in to at the time and if I remember correct Sikkens had a very high color pigment ratio).

Deeber and SIkkens are equally good. At the end of the day what will make a paint job good or bad is more about the prep work (how the body was fixed, how much filler was used, was it cut properly, was it cleaned properly, how good was the primer and how well was it applied, etc...).

Thank you very much irage for your informative advice and experience. I had never heard of "Deeber" until you mentioned. Thank you once again for your contribution.