• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is Drive1 worth it for an Audi A6 1.9 TDI

Luffytaro

3 minutes ago, ajm said:

I doubt if they will survive even one year.  You will waste labor and gas refill cost. You are talking about the nobrand ones, right? In that case I would get the used original.

I know nothing about it. It was recommended by Vishwa Motors,  with one year warranty,  they claimed it is good as Japans. ?

8 hours ago, Luffytaro said:

Noted with thanks. 4k seems very reasonable, I'll get this fixed in the future maybe as I got the sunroof disabled today, permanently closed for the time being as it is really not needed for me and very risky too in our country with kids. But the solar panel is functioning well and I'm happy ?.  Btw the lady in drive 1 called me, inquiring about my visit to drive 1 and how did it go, I explained to her what happened and she said that the initial charge of 50k for service is for unregistered cars it seems and my car has been already registered,  so she said the service would cost less, like 25k to 35k, she said she'll get back to me on Monday.  I'm still inclined to go to Sunway Motors and get the service done, but what if drive one is like only 5k more? Cause if I'm using Castrol Edge professional 5W-40 at sunway Motors, the whole service will maximum cost about 23k. 

The other benefit of going to Drive One would be when selling your car in Sri Lanka. People would prefer an agent maintained vehicle with service records. I'm not saying Sunway is bad or anything, just the mindset in SL car market.

I am servicing mine at Drive One and mine was a grey import. So I had to pay that 50k for the initial service as well. Second service if I recall correctly was around 32k. This was for an A3.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2020 at 10:00 AM, Luffytaro said:

One member who asked us not to go to Vishwa Motors (with reasons) provided another genuine contact with reasonable charges, his name is Mr.Lalana @ Mt Lavania. Unfortunately for me he has now opened his workshop in Kurunegale. Tough luck. 

By any chance @Luffytaro, do you have to contact details of Mr. Lalana? Do PM the details if possible, thanks in advance! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramishkad said:

The other benefit of going to Drive One would be when selling your car in Sri Lanka. People would prefer an agent maintained vehicle with service records. I'm not saying Sunway is bad or anything, just the mindset in SL car market.

I am servicing mine at Drive One and mine was a grey import. So I had to pay that 50k for the initial service as well. Second service if I recall correctly was around 32k. This was for an A3.

True to that, thanks for the information ?

12 hours ago, Luffytaro said:

I'm sorry, a bit confused here. I should stick with Manufacturers requirements or stick with previous owners service record oil type? 

If the engine is in good condition, use an oil with VW 505 000 standard.  If the engine is in bad shape and requires a repair use whatever the oil that the previous owner used and after repairs or replacement stick to the manufacturer’s recommendation.

On 9/13/2020 at 9:38 AM, peugeot407 said:

If the engine is in good condition, use an oil with VW 505 000 standard.  If the engine is in bad shape and requires a repair use whatever the oil that the previous owner used and after repairs or replacement stick to the manufacturer’s recommendation.

Msg noted with thanks. The engine seems to be good for now.