• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Pulsar CJ1 Bad fuel economy

bizkasthuri@gmail.com

I'm sitting here wondering when 7-8 is bad ? 

I have a 1.3 Starlet that weighs about 900 kilos and that only does 10-11 in city as well. Regardless if its a newly bought car I'd suggest checking out your sparks and filters but I doubt you'll be able to do more than 10-11 imo. 

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable about Pulsar's and this engine specifically can give you more solid advice. 

Either way congrats on your purchase! 

MC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fuel economy does depend heavily on the type of traffic as well. If you're always crawling bumper to bumper and sitting still with engine idling for a long time, there's no way to get a decent figure with an ICE car. Also, auto cars of this vintage are worse on fuel compared to their manual counterparts.

Our own Pulsar doesn't do do more than 10 kmpl either in the same conditions.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Hi all..!

I recently brought my 1st car which is Nissan Pulsar CJ1 1996 1.5L auto petrol. (GA15DE engine).

I got bad fuel economy which is around 7-8 kmpl in city.

How can I increase my fuel economy? Thanks in advance.

well this does not sound too bad - to put things into a context a good friend of mine has a 1996 FB14 which has the same engine  which he drives daily from maharagama to col 2 and back and it constantly does 7 KMPL - a while back we had a B14 in the family (GA13 engine) and that had similar figures (the B14 despite the smaller engine has to exert itself when overtaking etc hence the more fuel consumption - when sitting in traffic the smaller engine would burn a little bit less fuel )

• Thanks 1

Can you expect anything better, 

start by getting all filters and fluids changed, and the sparkes.

get the brakes for binding,

re=-fill fuel tank from a different fuel station

good luck.

TT.

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2020 at 9:32 PM, [email protected] said:

Hi all..!

I recently brought my 1st car which is Nissan Pulsar CJ1 1996 1.5L auto petrol. (GA15DE engine).

I got bad fuel economy which is around 7-8 kmpl in city.

How can I increase my fuel economy? Thanks in advance.

i had a fb13 doctor sunny long time back with the GA15 engine. colombo peak traffic its hard to get past 9kmpl and avg is abt 7-8kmpl. even outstation it barely did anything better than 12. 

Anyway do a tuneup, clean the spark plugs and fuel injectors, might improve somethhing. 

• Thanks 1