• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda vezel 2015 vs MG Zs 2018

Judehb

• 1 month later...

Having driven both I can say that the Vezel is a much better vehicle to drive. MG feels nice and all but still handling, braking and general pick up the Vezel is far superior. Yes the Vezel has the DCT issues and front suspension issues, but for me overall its a nice package.

On 8/15/2020 at 12:08 AM, Judehb said:

Friends, I am looking for a vehical for around 4.5m. Vezel 2015 and MGZs 2018 r in the range? Need some help. Wht r da other options i have?

On 8/15/2020 at 12:08 PM, ajm said:

Vezel: Japanese product,  check for DCT Problem and hybrid battery issues, MG: Chinese product with lower interior quality, maybe petrol direct injection problems if they use the same system as CHR..

11 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Having driven both I can say that the Vezel is a much better vehicle to drive. MG feels nice and all but still handling, braking and general pick up the Vezel is far superior. Yes the Vezel has the DCT issues and front suspension issues, but for me overall its a nice package.

Agreed. I like the Vezel as well (despite having made fun of it mercilessly in the past). I like its interior too and now that everyone has their undies in a twist over the DCT: Now is the time to get one at a discount! 

Just make sure you inspect it well (preferably at the agents or a reputable repairshop) and get it at a good price that leaves a margin for a potential DCT repair later on. If its not got any DCT issues now, it probably won't develop any DCT issues unless you are using it in heavy stop and go / traffic conditions (but can't say for sure so get it at a good price). Also if you are buying the Vezel to be used in heavy traffic conditions etc on a daily basis then this is not the car to get....I would look elsewhere- in that case get a car or small SUV with a CVT, you'll thank me for it. 

But otherwise: The Honda Vezel is a nice vehicle at the current prices, comparative to everything else at that price point. 

Yes! I said it! Honda Vessi's are good! (Just make sure they have no issues before use!! And when using, use with care for the right purpose!  lol !! - Aw...Come on you guys didn't think I would comment on a Vezel without slipping in a Hoda Vesi Joke did you? :D

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Vezel DCTs don't fail every 6 months or 10,000km. yes they wear out and needs replacement very 50-100K km depending on your driving conditions. If anyone was driving a manual this would have been the case for the clutch.

They do also have few electronic issues as well with few sensors giving errors. And the start button giving up with age. Nothing major that cant be fixed.

You need to factor all these to your purchase decision as with any other used car.

Do not expect to find any used car without any niggles

• Like 1