• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Montero Prado120 Sorento2015

chamaps

Question

Dear experts

Previously i have owned kia sorento 2012 model. the next I planned to buy 120 Prado , Centre spare wheel Montero(2013-2015) or 2015 sorrento. I prefer  diesel vehicles and my budget is around 10 million.

what are the recommendations of these three types. Furthermore  when I am searching the Montero there is a v 6 model. I need to know the economical side of V6 model.

Thanks to all

16 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, chamaps said:

Dear experts

Previously i have owned kia sorento 2012 model. the next I planned to buy 120 Prado , Centre spare wheel Montero(2013-2015) or 2015 sorrento. I prefer  diesel vehicles and my budget is around 10 million.

what are the recommendations of these three types. Furthermore  when I am searching the Montero there is a v 6 model. I need to know the economical side of V6 model.

Thanks to all

Montero v98, a solid car... had few... and currently using a domestic one.. happy with the performances..

V93.. little rare to find a one with YOM 2013 -2015.. may not be that economical..

8 hours ago, priyanka said:

Montero v98, a solid car... had few... and currently using a domestic one.. happy with the performances..

V93.. little rare to find a one with YOM 2013 -2015.. may not be that economical..

What are the avalable engine capacities of montero center spare wheel model and what will economical?

And what are the grades or PACKAGEs of the montero ?

1 hour ago, chamaps said:

Comfort economy and performance?

Prado is bit mushier. Montero has much better performance. Economy will be almost the same. 

120 prado looks outdated. Its feeling its age. The Montero is still fresh. And since they stopped making the Montero, you will have the last model (big suv people in SL ,like to remind people if they drive an earlier model.)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chamaps said:

What are the avalable engine capacities of montero center spare wheel model and what will economical?

And what are the grades or PACKAGEs of the montero ?

Diesel 3200 cc,  2800 cc 

Gasoline  3000 cc

Montero  GLX, GLS

Pajero -GR, EXCEED, SUPER EXCEED

Obviously the diesel is economical... but don't expect the figures of an aqua or an alto..  pajero is better equipped though 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, priyanka said:

Diesel 3200 cc,  2800 cc 

Gasoline  3000 cc

Montero  GLX, GLS

Pajero -GR, EXCEED, SUPER EXCEED

Obviously the diesel is economical... but don't expect the figures of an aqua or an alto..  pajero is better equipped though 

I have an idea about gls and glx packages ...

If you don't mind how about 3200 and 2800 ones..

1 hour ago, chamaps said:

I have an idea about gls and glx packages ...

If you don't mind how about 3200 and 2800 ones..

2800 cc- most are with manual transmission...( GL package).... YOM 2013 up.. but few units came with auto... YOM 2008-2010 like... manual ones are extremely basic.. but economical,may be .... compared to it's auto counterparts 

Whatever you buy.. go for something well maintained..

And most cars came after 2013 (GLX) were dressed up locally... few by the agents... 

• Thanks 1

Well..the Pajero and Prado are in a completely different segment than the Sorento. The Sorento is a crossover whilst the other two are proper midsized off-roaders (well..atleast pavement princess versions of platform with proper off-road cred).

The Pajero even though the year of manufacture is newer is a rather old platform...so much so that platform wise the Pajero and the Prado you are looking at are pretty much from the same era. Drivability wise....the Pajero with a unibody construction is much easier and better to drive on road whilst the Prado is a bit truck like. WHen driving on gravel like roads and such they both hide the jitteryness quite well but with different characteristics...the Prado uses softer suspension and ladder to frame joints to absorb it whilst the Pajero distrbutes it across the body and suspension....so in the cabin; one feels like you have a jack hammer hitting on your rear end...the other feels like you are in a tin can with a washing machine attached next to it :) So it will be a matter of preference...

Off-road the Prado is a lot more confidence inspiring than the Pajero.

The Pajero...just like allother Mitsubishis have a more plasticy feel to it than the Prado...but the layut of the Pajero dash feels more offroad-like and modern than that of the Prado grades. Seats wise...for me it was interesting...the Pajero had good upper body support in the front seats but the lower seat (where you actually sit) was too bench-like. The Prado was the opposite to that...the front seats (and the back) had good lower support but the upper body seat was not good....it made you feel like you were laying against a balloon ball that was pushing you outward. The Pajero rear seats were all-around benchlike...you can live with both...it is just those little things.

With the Pajero I believe you get a lot more for the same amount of money...an equal priced Prado might be higher in mileage, older and/or have lesser features.

So the choice is really up to you...have you test driven any ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2020 at 12:16 AM, priyanka said:

Montero V6 Montero V98 what are these types ?

pls...

?

4 hours ago, chamaps said:

Montero V6 Montero V98 what are these types ?

pls...

?

V6 is gasoline.... it's called v93....  3000cc

V98 is diesel 3200 CC 

Both models, trim levels GLX and GLS in case of montero..

For pajero GR, EXCEED and Super EXCEED 

Diesel 2800 cc is V96... it comes as GL , a  manual 10 seater van... its auto counterpart's trim code, I m not sure

• Confused 1

Hi guys,
I'm looking for an upgrade. I was thinking of a Montero and Prado. I do not want to spend more than 7 mil at the moment and hence within the budget it's mostly like 2003/2004 Montero(v6) (I prefer 3500cc or 3800cc)  auto transmission or 2003 Prado 120 GX manual transmission. I haven't driven neither. Hence appreciate if anyone can provide me with information such as real figures of fuel economy( I know what I am getting into. Just to get a more solid idea), maintenance and the common fault that I should check for. 

Thanks

On 1/6/2021 at 11:24 PM, dm_105 said:

Hi guys,
I'm looking for an upgrade. I was thinking of a Montero and Prado. I do not want to spend more than 7 mil at the moment and hence within the budget it's mostly like 2003/2004 Montero(v6) (I prefer 3500cc or 3800cc)  auto transmission or 2003 Prado 120 GX manual transmission. I haven't driven neither. Hence appreciate if anyone can provide me with information such as real figures of fuel economy( I know what I am getting into. Just to get a more solid idea), maintenance and the common fault that I should check for. 

Thanks

For 7mil you can buy a 2007 upwards new model. Much better than the 2000-2006 overpriced rubbish.

Fuel on petrols before 2006 range from 2kmpl to 7kmpl

The new model petrol does 4-11.

Diesels don't do all that better. Add 2 more kmpl to each

powerful and good ride. Interior Can rattle on older models.

agents will rip u off. DIY or a known garage will be better.

• Like 1

Thanks @iRage and @fiat fan for the input.
I looked for 2007 upward models and they all seem to be more than 8 mil due to current market.
I saw an agent maintained 2003 manual Prado at 6.9 mil (mileage more around 160k). But due to it's age I wouldn't know if it's worth for the price tag . However I also looked for Sorento and Santa Fe as well. Bit hard to find a proper one under around 7 mil and I saw on a thread that the crdi engine can be troublesome close to 200000 km.

Thanks,
D

13 hours ago, dm_105 said:

Thanks @iRage and @fiat fan for the input.
I looked for 2007 upward models and they all seem to be more than 8 mil due to current market.
I saw an agent maintained 2003 manual Prado at 6.9 mil (mileage more around 160k). But due to it's age I wouldn't know if it's worth for the price tag . However I also looked for Sorento and Santa Fe as well. Bit hard to find a proper one under around 7 mil and I saw on a thread that the crdi engine can be troublesome close to 200000 km.

Thanks,
D

Avoid the sorento/santa fe. Montero/prado is much better. 

keep looking. There were plenty around may. Not a good time to buy a car right now.