• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can I solve this my own?

Vidula

Question

8 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Vidula said:

I'm new to driving and recently bought Nissan B12 for family use.. while learning to drive I just got this from my bad driving.. is there are anyways to fix this from on my own ? If there are please can I know full steps ? Thank you.

20200810_074315.thumb.jpg.e459ccd3fcba7477d76f22ac39c7130e.jpg

You mean that scratch ? Sadly no...the paint has scraped off...so it needs painting. If you try to paint it you are just going ot leave an ugly mark on it. 

What I would say is...wait....get used to driving the car and driving in general...then once your driving ahs improved...get all the dents and scratched fixed up and give the car a good cleaning. If you can't wait because that block patch is driving you crazy...go to Darley road...or any accessories shop anywhere in the country and buy a set of corner reflectors and just paste it on there until you can get it fixed. There are also people who do quick fix up jobs around these areas....you can try one of them but in my experience those solutions are not very good, not very long lasting and sometimes the person sucks that it looks ugly.

The sad reality of car ownership in Sri Lanka is that your car is going to get a lot of scratches and dents thanks to selfish cyclists, tuk tuk drivers, other car drivers, pedestrians...(the list goes on). Everytime such a thing happens you cannot run to a garage to get it fixed..nor can you fix it...nor can you compound (or cut and polish) to take the scratches away (it thins out the paint). So you need to learn to deal with it and plan periodic fix ups after a whole lot of time.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iRage said:

You mean that scratch ? Sadly no...the paint has scraped off...so it needs painting. If you try to paint it you are just going ot leave an ugly mark on it. 

What I would say is...wait....get used to driving the car and driving in general...then once your driving ahs improved...get all the dents and scratched fixed up and give the car a good cleaning. If you can't wait because that block patch is driving you crazy...go to Darley road...or any accessories shop anywhere in the country and buy a set of corner reflectors and just paste it on there until you can get it fixed. There are also people who do quick fix up jobs around these areas....you can try one of them but in my experience those solutions are not very good, not very long lasting and sometimes the person sucks that it looks ugly.

The sad reality of car ownership in Sri Lanka is that your car is going to get a lot of scratches and dents thanks to selfish cyclists, tuk tuk drivers, other car drivers, pedestrians...(the list goes on). Everytime such a thing happens you cannot run to a garage to get it fixed..nor can you fix it...nor can you compound (or cut and polish) to take the scratches away (it thins out the paint). So you need to learn to deal with it and plan periodic fix ups after a whole lot of time.  

Yeah I understand thank you for further information and about that bonnet, it's always looks like that but only left side is like that.

Thank you again 

11 hours ago, Vidula said:

Yeah I understand thank you for further information and about that bonnet, it's always looks like that but only left side is like that.

Thank you again 

I see...well it is not properly lined up probably because some accident damage would have been fixed and it was not properly fixed. So all the more reason to wait for sometime...then give the car to a garage to get all the body work (and mechanicals) sorted out properly.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 7:56 AM, Vidula said:

I'm new to driving and recently bought Nissan B12 for family use.. while learning to drive I just got this from my bad driving.. is there are anyways to fix this from on my own ? If there are please can I know full steps ? Thank you.

20200810_074315.thumb.jpg.e459ccd3fcba7477d76f22ac39c7130e.jpg

While I wish that there will be no further little scratches and bumps I'd say give it some time - until you're 100% used to the car - so you will not feel bad about a few little scratches here and there....when it comes to a point where you feel the time is right - go and get a full paint job done (at a professional place- this repair doesn't look something you can do on your own)  also try to sort out the mis-aligned bonnet and take a look at the bumper clips it seems to be sagging a bit - maybe after your minor accident. The Trad Sunny is one of my favorite 80's cars and very nice color too....post some pics once you've done the full painting and stuff. Drive safe and enjoy! 

Edited by matroska

1 hour ago, wolseley said:

Just buy 2 oz of body color  from a paint shop and apply with an artist brush.  Do it nicely to mask the spot until proper paint job.

Yes, this.

Right now that scratch could be seen from miles away, but a simple DIY touch up would make a huge improvement. After the touch up, stand a few metres away from the car and you won't even notice it. ?

A temporary measure of course, but this will help you sleep a little better at night until you get used to the car and sort it out properly. 

Edited by Davy
  • Like 2