• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What is cr42 "Just low"?

toosea

Hi Community,

I did a search on the forum but nothing came up.

With regard to Toyota cr42 there is a term used that sounds something like "just low".  (Please edit the subject if necessary as I am not quite sure how the term sounds)

It is about "usa thattuwa" I guess.

Can anyone explain this term and how to identify it? Word is that they modify to lower the usa thattuwa and sell. 

Edited by toosea

Normal vans have a wheel well sticking out on the cargo area floor (Pic 1). Just low vans do not have that and the floor is completely flat (Pic 2).

The lack of wheel wells sticking out on the floor gives it more storage space. It is achieved by lifting the rear cargo floor slightly higher and and depending on the model the rear might have two small tires on each side. In Sri Lanka people dislike it and say it costs too much to run because the smaller wheels meant slightly faster wear on the tires. Also, it means that one has to replace 4 tires in the back instead of just two. As a result the Just Low prices have a lower market value. Some have bought these vehicles for their low price and have done all kinds of things to fit a normal size tire in the back...thus the vehicle just has a wierd level in the back.

Pic 1

--72ef888e3b.jpg

Pic 2

toyota-hiace+van-4c92ad4369.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes the term is justlow

Vans that are designed to transport goods instead of passengers are the ones called "justlow" variants. Those have a flat rear floor in order to make loading and transporting stuff easy... rear wheels tend to be smaller, rear ride height would be higher,rear suspension would be different so the ride is relatively less comfortable and the bodyroll is more pronounced than the passenger variant (some say they can identify which is which after a quick drive even if its modified to look like a normal variant like @irage said.)

I've heard that you can use a VIN decorder to differentiate a justlow variant from a normal variant

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

I've heard that you can use a VIN decorder to differentiate a justlow variant from a normal variant

Just to raise the floor deck they lifted the car from the bottom which also meant the rear suspension is different which sort of translates to why people say it is bouncy in the back.

I just checked...the just low and the other do have different model numbers. So you can find it out that way....but then you would not need that would you ? Because at the end of the day even if the tires have been changed and suspension changed the hump is there or not there....would anyone go to the extent of actually putting in wheel well humps in there ? (assuming the vehicle has not been bud with a donor vehicle after an accident or something)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iRage said:

would anyone go to the extent of actually putting in wheel well humps in there ? (assuming the vehicle has not been bud with a donor vehicle after an accident or something)

The automotive world in SL is screwed up in a way that you can't expect diligent service from a mechanic, you can't expect justice from a traffic police officer, you can't expect sanity from another driver/pedestrian who shares the road with you and you can't expect a seller not to go to the extreme extent in order to fleece as much as possible out of you... so it pays to be prudent and look up the vehicle you're going to buy in every humanly possible way 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
7 hours ago, lakruwan12345 said:

Can i know normal van interior hight is deferent between justlow van?

Yes...if you take a HiAce...the floor to ceiling height is about 11cms less in the just low. It is mainly because the floor is lifted to keep it flat and not have wheel humps. Also, from the ground (like outside) the floor level is about 11cm higher in the just low than the normal van. 

• Thanks 1