• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda CRV 2018-2019 after new tax system

rafalefighter

HI all,

I'm looking for buying a Honda CRV as a family car. for my brother. But have no idea how will be the all inclusive price now after recent luxury tax change.  I'm specially looking for 5 seater version with AWD since (what's the point of buying 2wd for 10M+)....

While searching local classifieds there are people listed used 2018 CRV for even 13M :-D. I came to SL 6 months back before covid19 where I found one under 10M. When I contacted dealer (SM) their quotation says 11.6M all inclusive price.

I really don't want to pay 13M for this tiny engine car where I can buy Hilux or Ranger wildtrack / raptor  :-(

I'm confused now. could someone clarify how is the new luxury tax system works for honda CRV and how much is the real price tag for mentioned model  ( CRV 5 seater awd highest trim )

Thanks

Go to SM buy one if they have ex stock that will be the best deal. Unless you want to buy used.

SM stocks were brought down prior to luxury tax if i remember correct.

They got down 5 seat AWD/4WD. But do not expect Hilux / Ranger abilities. They are on road vehicles with better traction in extremes than FWD

4 minutes ago, kush said:

Go to SM buy one if they have ex stock that will be the best deal. Unless you want to buy used.

SM stocks were brought down prior to luxury tax if i remember correct.

They got down 5 seat AWD/4WD. But do not expect Hilux / Ranger abilities. They are on road vehicles with better traction in extremes than FWD

lets be honest....the cars you are going to be seeing at car sales for the next few months or even years tagged as "new tax prices" would technically have been brought down before all this embargo business.

Yes...the CRV does not have much 4WD cred...but I beleive what he meant was that he would rather buy a proper 4WD like a Hilux or Raptor for the same money as a 2WD/4WD CRV ?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rafalefighter said:

Since I waited for few months I think better if I can buy now. This is  for family use

Well..if it is a must then so be it. Sadly vehicle prices seem to have gone up and is all over the place right now; so you will be paying a rather hefty premium. Depending on the government's decisions on the vehicle import ban and its time period it can go either way. If the ban is set to be indefinite then the prices might just keep going higher (due to demand and limited supply)...but then if they decide to lift it...then the price would come back down as well (but not by much considering what would happen to the exchange rates). So either way you are at a risk...depends on which risk you would rather take :)

Edited by iRage

In the past month, actual rate of GBP:LKR varied from LKR 232 to LKR 244, actual rate of JPY:LKR increased from 1.72 to 1.78, EUR:LKR increased from 209 to 220. USD is the only currency that has remained stable against the LKR at 185. But we all know the mess US is in. All these rates are from Transferwise and thats the rate they calculate when you remit money to SL.

This is despite imports being on hold, currency swap agreement with India and sale of assets held overseas by some local companies. You can imagine what would happen if the country allows vehicle imports. Expect this to continue for a very long time.