• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

To buy German or go the Japanese Way

zeristo

Question

Of late, I've had the necessity to buy a car for me as I gave mine up to my spouse. Right now I'm stuck with a few pricey choices (for brand new cars). I don't want to wait for the imports to begin as I'm pretty sure vehicle prices are gonna shoot up given that the rupee has weakened against the dollar/yen plus the govt. would logically increase taxes to fill the coffers that are running dry these days. My budget could go upto 12-13Mn Max.

My choices are 

• Toyota Premio 2020  9.5-10mn 
  • Honda Civic sedan 1.0 2020 7.2-7.5Mn UK SPEC
  • Honda Civic sedan 1.5 2020 9.5Mn THAILAND + 3 year warranty
  • Honda CRV 1.5 2019 12-13Mn THAILAND, AUSSIE & JAP (3 year warranty if bought from company)
  • Honda Accord 1.5 2019 12.6Mn THAILAND + 3 year warranty with services free for 3 years.

or is it advisable to go for something German like,

• Merc CLA
  • BMW X1
  • Merc C200 (lower spec models)

I'm particularly looking for new cars as I own my cars for at least 5 years and run minimum 20,000 KM per year.

Could someone quite knowledgeable on this matter or someone who has gone through such a situation share your thoughts and suggestions. Would be of help while making a decision.

Thanks.

20 hours ago, Kavvz said:

What I said (or wanted to say) is : Offer @fiat fan 12-13 mil for his car instead. Its a steal at that price and is easily the best option here!*

:D 

*I kid. I'm sure its not for sale...And @fiat fan is right I did kinda say I would buy the C class for its interior, overall looks etc. 

Kids these days ! Anith minissun ge wahana ohoma wikunanna epa lamayo ! Do it properly ! Put an advert on the Sunday Classifieds like any decent prankster would :D  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, zeristo said:

Bought a C200 and thankful I could get here

Congratulations on your new car ! Enjoy your new wheels and always drive safe....

We kind of like an official tradition here....we need photo evidence of the car or we just assume you woke up from deep slumber with a sweet dream :)

4 hours ago, zeristo said:

So yeah folks, Bought a C200 and thankful I could get here ! ?

Thanks for all the valuable suggestions ya'll ?

Nicely done! Right now the C200 is a really good choice based on the way things are priced. 

Congrats: Enjoy the ride! 

Edited by Kavvz

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Congratulations on your new car ! Enjoy your new wheels and always drive safe....

We kind of like an official tradition here....we need photo evidence of the car or we just assume you woke up from deep slumber with a sweet dream :)

Oh and don't forget the other tradition @zeristo: UberEats / PickMe Food deliveries to all the members who provided feedback or helped inspect the car etc... 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Haha 1

On 8/13/2020 at 7:52 PM, Tamax said:

zeristo Congrats on your new car.❤️Great Choice

On 8/13/2020 at 8:35 PM, iRage said:

On 8/13/2020 at 9:54 PM, Kavvz said:

Nicely done! Right now the C200 is a really good choice based on the way things are priced. 

Congrats: Enjoy the ride! 

Thank you guys ! 

@iRage I haven't brought the car home yet. Will share  pics once its home.

Doesnt look like a lower spec model to me, I see multibeam, 360 camera, the 19" AMG alloy wheels, panoramic sunroof etc, but onlything I cant see is the Keyless Go package.

Congrats on the purchase, its a lowly car no doubt.

Edited by Gummybr

3 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Doesnt look like a lower spec model to me, I see multibeam, 360 camera, the 19" AMG alloy wheels, panoramic sunroof etc, but onlything I cant see is the Keyless Go package.

Congrats on the purchase, its a lowly car no doubt.

Thank you ! 

Yes its quite well spec'd. Misses out on comfort access pack (keyless go & power boot) and Burmeister Sound system. Two things I can definitely live with ! 

35 minutes ago, iRage said:

Congrats ! Looking forward to seeing more of her :)

Yes I plan to put up an ownership thread sometime soon. Hope I could keep up with updating it regularly.