• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

To buy German or go the Japanese Way

zeristo

Question

Of late, I've had the necessity to buy a car for me as I gave mine up to my spouse. Right now I'm stuck with a few pricey choices (for brand new cars). I don't want to wait for the imports to begin as I'm pretty sure vehicle prices are gonna shoot up given that the rupee has weakened against the dollar/yen plus the govt. would logically increase taxes to fill the coffers that are running dry these days. My budget could go upto 12-13Mn Max.

My choices are 

• Toyota Premio 2020  9.5-10mn 
  • Honda Civic sedan 1.0 2020 7.2-7.5Mn UK SPEC
  • Honda Civic sedan 1.5 2020 9.5Mn THAILAND + 3 year warranty
  • Honda CRV 1.5 2019 12-13Mn THAILAND, AUSSIE & JAP (3 year warranty if bought from company)
  • Honda Accord 1.5 2019 12.6Mn THAILAND + 3 year warranty with services free for 3 years.

or is it advisable to go for something German like,

• Merc CLA
  • BMW X1
  • Merc C200 (lower spec models)

I'm particularly looking for new cars as I own my cars for at least 5 years and run minimum 20,000 KM per year.

Could someone quite knowledgeable on this matter or someone who has gone through such a situation share your thoughts and suggestions. Would be of help while making a decision.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, fiat fan said:

The list of CVT’s I have driven-

2015 Corolla 2 liter. Terrible.

2018 Camry 2.5 4 cyl / 3.5 V6. Kinda ok. Still nasty.

2017 HRV. 2liter. Load its noisy.

2019 Lexus ux200. 2 liter. Nasty slow and noisy.

plus a few more that I cant remember.

having worked at Toyota, almost all their CVT is iyaaaa.

Also its my 500th post(8 years on AL).

Congratulations on the 500th post! And also: Whoa extensive list of cars driven! (What did you do at Toyota?)

You've missed out on driving the Nissan Teana and the Honda Accord. Both have CVT's and both are excellent upscale commuter cars. I can recommend them both. (The Honda is better than the Nissan to drive, but the Nissan has the better interior. ) 

30 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Congratulations on the 500th post! And also: Whoa extensive list of cars driven! (What did you do at Toyota?)

You've missed out on driving the Nissan Teana and the Honda Accord. Both have CVT's and both are excellent upscale commuter cars. I can recommend them both. (The Honda is better than the Nissan to drive, but the Nissan has the better interior. ) 

I was a salesman.

I work at Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram now(so much fun, so unreliable).

I have driven the low and mid specs Nissans, not cool.

But the 3.5 V6 Maxima with a cvt. Lord Jesus. Now thats fast and fun.

Working as a salesman really get you the opportunity to drive all kinds of cars.

2 hours ago, fiat fan said:

The A6 has a 3.0 liter Supercharged engine. Quattro.

41 minutes ago, fiat fan said:

7 speed Stronic(Dual clutch)

we didn’t get the 8 speed in SL(as far as I know)

Wow! Quite the car, and at 10-11 mil very good value! I'd buy it over anything else on this list - Pretty much a no brainer. Nice! Very nice ! @fiat fan

• Thanks 1

I was a salesman.

I work at Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram now(so much fun, so unreliable).

Was just talking to @kmeeg about them over on the PostWhoring thread  (Looking forward to seeing how the Ram TRX / T-Rex pans out! SL won't get any official imports I suppose though, but someone might be mad enough to import one privately: I think we saw a Lincon Navigator on the Quiz thread which I never expected so, who knows! :D ) 

Working as a salesman really get you the opportunity to drive all kinds of cars.

Yeap living the good life there buddy! 

Edited by Kavvz

1 hour ago, Kavvz said:

Wow! Quite the car, and at 10-11 mil very good value! I'd buy it over anything else on this list - Pretty much a no brainer. Nice! Very nice ! @fiat fan

Thanks bro. Quite a looker too. Had to go for smaller wheels due to bad ride quality on our roads.

20200803_184311.jpg

FB_IMG_1596504719336.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kavvz said:

Was just talking to @kmeeg about them over on the PostWhoring thread  (Looking forward to seeing how the Ram TRX / T-Rex pans out! SL won't get any official imports I suppose though, but someone might be mad enough to import one privately: I think we saw a Lincon Navigator on the Quiz thread which I never expected so, who knows! :D ) 

Yeap living the good life there buddy! 

Our buggers bring all the weird models it seems,no matter how expensive it may be.

16 hours ago, Magnum said:

Mark X were all 2.5L, dont think think any of the 3.0L models came down. Same with the Crown,  I don't think any of them had the 3GR or 2GR. Plus I'm not sure whether we get any Crown Majesta or Celsior in SL. 

Actually...we have a few 3GR Mark Xs and Crowns in SL along with a few 1UR Majestas and Celsiors :) So we did get the larger capacity engines. The thing is with cars like the Mark X and Crown..it really did not matter whether it was the 4GR or the 3GR...if it was a sporty variant...it was tuned to be a sporty variant no matter what the engine was. Also, unlike with the previous Mark 2s and Crestas..with the Mark X and Crown...all trim levels got a decent engine and transmission combo.

As for the comments about the CVTs in large cars....

@fiat fan..the 2L Corolla and 2L UX have the same direct shift CVT..which pretty much is not different than all the other econo CVTs beyond the first gear :) <also...the UX is undoubtedly the worst Lexus out there....that was just Toyota being greedy and putting out a model for the sake of putting one out in that segment...sorry..yes the NX and the RX share similar transmissions and stuff but those cars do other things quite well that you would tend to forgive them for their CVTs>. The bottom line is CVTs cannot be driven like manuals or automatic transmissions....putting your foot down is not going to get you anything instantaneous like Automatics and manuals and by the very disconnected nature of CVTs from the engine it is quite easy to put the foot down and make the engine rev up when compared to automatics and manuals (heck..it is as easy as revving the engine whilst it is in N). Which is the same reason why Toyota is making a big deal about the CVT in the GR Yaris. The world is yet to be impressed by CVTs when it comes to actual performance (of the non eco driving kind)

On 8/1/2020 at 12:07 PM, Devinda_Z said:

@zeristo a Honda with an agent warranty sounds like a safe play

If the warranty from the agent is transferable, wouldn't a lightly used say 2018 or so CRV hit the spot?

thats what it seems like from what I hear. An agent's warranty is any day better than trusting a car sale guy's promises. Unfortunately CRVs sold by the agent are hard to come by these days in the used car market. The agent does have a few stock left, but guess what, IT IS PRICIER THAN AN ACCORD ! ?

On 8/1/2020 at 12:58 PM, RWD said:

I would pick the new Accord. Its a lot of car for your money compared to the x1 and CLA. Also with 3 years of free servicing its hassle free. It's quick enough and handles quite well for such a big car. I like the crv too but its so common. 

Seems logical your suggestion. Checked out some CLAs and its too tiny for the price quoted. The interiors do seem nice but the quality of materials inside don't justify the price. Sort of settled with the accord as a benchmark for the quality I'm looking for. BMW X1 I checked a few and have given up on that option totally. ?‍♂️

On 8/1/2020 at 6:46 PM, iRage said:

Forget about the Premio..that thing is over priced. You get much better options for that price. 

So as the others have indicated..stick with the Hondas. If you get it from the agent you get the manufacturer warranty..so that is a good thing.  Also, if I am not mistaken...only the Hybrid CRV is assembled in Japan and the gasoline is imported to Japan from Thailand. Atleast that is what the arrangement was in the beginning...things might have changed by now.

As for the Accord...yes..it is a nice handling car (although I never get why they designed it to look like a sloth). Ironically I have a test drive for a 2L Hybrid next week (which is really funny because they want me to take a test drive after I bought a car from somewhere else). 

Yes all Hondas at the agent's place is Thailand made. Brand new vehicles made in Japan are quite few these days at any of the agents. Heck even D*MO now gets down most of their cars from South Africa.

On 8/1/2020 at 9:38 PM, GK_007 said:

All your remarks could be absolutely correct. But just look at it. You can do that all day. ? 

As I recall @zeristo you had a gen 3 Axela also right ?  

I agree on the looks but the performance figures seem too boring. 

Nope never had a Mazda till date and don't think I would go the Zoom Zoom route anytime sooner.

On 8/2/2020 at 3:38 PM, fiat fan said:

I’m no resale value buyya. Far from it. But our 2016 Mazda 6 -2.5 top of the line with Everything they came with was bought Bnew for 11mil(company.Overpriced much). Its worth 6.5 mil now. 4.5 mil hit in 3-4 years. 

Our A6 of same age with all the bells cost 12.5 , still worth 10.5

So much for Jap resale “Market”. 

This is the scariest part of this thread so far. Seriously ? a 4.5Mn hit for a Mazda ? I'm okay if its for a German Sedan but for a Japanese Sedan in the same segment as the Accord (which I'm starting to consider seriously now) it seems unacceptable. You've tipped the scales towards the Germans with one statement !

On 8/3/2020 at 6:42 PM, Kavvz said:

Interesting that there aren't any fans of the MB C200 here? The X1 I understand, it's barely a BMW. The CLA I'm not so sure about, I like the styling but like the X1, it's hardly a Merc.

Different story with the C class though. But why isn't the C200 flying out the door these days with the tax structure the way it is?

And even though the C200 is pretty underpowered (seriously, with that engine I imagine a 20 yr old FB13 could spank it on the highway or at traffic lights? Biggest insult ever!) But other than the weak engine, the interior is very nice, seriously punching above its class there, and it's a pretty nice looking car overall. You can't fault those body lines or the front fascia; it's the best the C class ever looked...

Shit driver's car yes. But as a commuter-box, and for parading around in, not a bad car to be in...You guys don't seem too keen on it though?What am I missing? It can't be that unpopular? 

The C Class is a solid proposition, but have you seen their prices of late ? 15-16 Mn for a car nearing the end of its generation and with no rear space is terrible. Engine is weak I agree, rear wheel drive always a plus but 15-16Mn out of warranty C Class is suicide !

On 8/4/2020 at 2:38 AM, fiat fan said:

I agree that the Mazda looses value because of the 2.5 engine. Im trying to say that you cant compare a Mazda to a German. Nobody should spend that much on a jap. 

Side note. An Accord for 12.9m? My goodness. I would eat the cash with tomato sauce. Better than buying a Honda for that money.

The A6 has a 3.0 liter Supercharged engine. Quattro.

Machang, 12.9 Mn is quite expensive for an Acoord is true, but the value of vehicles have gone too far with the new luxury tax regulations. Premio (which isnt subject to luxury tax) retails for 9.5-10Mn these days. Given the current situation I'm sure the coming budget in November is going to jack up prices further ?

A 3.0 Supercharged Audi in Sri Lanka ???? OMG ! You've gotten a mean machine man... Btw how much did it cost you brand new ?

On 8/4/2020 at 2:49 AM, fiat fan said:

Bugger I know got a quotation from D*MO for the GLB200 at 12.9Million. After the restrictions he bought one from a shady sale for 18.9 Million(I kid you not). He was like machan, its gonna be more expensive in the future. No wonder politicians are ruining this country and still getting so much votes.

rant over.

Yeah right, this morning a car sale guy quoted 19 mil for a 1.3 GLB... Insane !

On 8/4/2020 at 7:14 AM, fiat fan said:

Thanks bro. Quite a looker too. Had to go for smaller wheels due to bad ride quality on our roads.

20200803_184311.jpg

FB_IMG_1596504719336.jpg

Anyone would mistake this for a 1.8 !

Please share more pics of your ride.

2 hours ago, zeristo said:

The C Class is a solid proposition, but have you seen their prices of late ? 15-16 Mn for a car nearing the end of its generation and with no rear space is terrible. Engine is weak I agree, rear wheel drive always a plus but 15-16Mn out of warranty C Class is suicide. 

Not really: But yes, repairs will be more expensive. However there's not much going on with that car to worry about...

As for the prices: No, I haven't been keeping up. I was under the impression it was selling at around 11mil to 13mil. 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 7:16 PM, iRage said:

Actually...we have a few 3GR Mark Xs and Crowns in SL along with a few 1UR Majestas and Celsiors :) So we did get the larger capacity engines. The thing is with cars like the Mark X and Crown..it really did not matter whether it was the 4GR or the 3GR...if it was a sporty variant...it was tuned to be a sporty variant no matter what the engine was. Also, unlike with the previous Mark 2s and Crestas..with the Mark X and Crown...all trim levels got a decent engine and transmission combo.

As for the comments about the CVTs in large cars....

@fiat fan..the 2L Corolla and 2L UX have the same direct shift CVT..which pretty much is not different than all the other econo CVTs beyond the first gear :) <also...the UX is undoubtedly the worst Lexus out there....that was just Toyota being greedy and putting out a model for the sake of putting one out in that segment...sorry..yes the NX and the RX share similar transmissions and stuff but those cars do other things quite well that you would tend to forgive them for their CVTs>. The bottom line is CVTs cannot be driven like manuals or automatic transmissions....putting your foot down is not going to get you anything instantaneous like Automatics and manuals and by the very disconnected nature of CVTs from the engine it is quite easy to put the foot down and make the engine rev up when compared to automatics and manuals (heck..it is as easy as revving the engine whilst it is in N). Which is the same reason why Toyota is making a big deal about the CVT in the GR Yaris. The world is yet to be impressed by CVTs when it comes to actual performance (of the non eco driving kind)

True. My maa complains about lack of space. Driving is stressful on longer drives. And its definitely a tall hatch. We want to get rid of it soon. Never again lexus.

4 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

You had me at Quattro @fiat fan ?

About the VQ35 - any experiences with the Murano??

Thanks. Handles tight on a late night run. Can do big boy stuff easily. Its only clocked 10.5K yet. So we're going easy on it.

9 hours ago, zeristo said:

thats what it seems like from what I hear. An agent's warranty is any day better than trusting a car sale guy's promises. Unfortunately CRVs sold by the agent are hard to come by these days in the used car market. The agent does have a few stock left, but guess what, IT IS PRICIER THAN AN ACCORD ! ?

Seems logical your suggestion. Checked out some CLAs and its too tiny for the price quoted. The interiors do seem nice but the quality of materials inside don't justify the price. Sort of settled with the accord as a benchmark for the quality I'm looking for. BMW X1 I checked a few and have given up on that option totally. ?‍♂️

Yes all Hondas at the agent's place is Thailand made. Brand new vehicles made in Japan are quite few these days at any of the agents. Heck even D*MO now gets down most of their cars from South Africa.

I agree on the looks but the performance figures seem too boring. 

Nope never had a Mazda till date and don't think I would go the Zoom Zoom route anytime sooner.

This is the scariest part of this thread so far. Seriously ? a 4.5Mn hit for a Mazda ? I'm okay if its for a German Sedan but for a Japanese Sedan in the same segment as the Accord (which I'm starting to consider seriously now) it seems unacceptable. You've tipped the scales towards the Germans with one statement !

The C Class is a solid proposition, but have you seen their prices of late ? 15-16 Mn for a car nearing the end of its generation and with no rear space is terrible. Engine is weak I agree, rear wheel drive always a plus but 15-16Mn out of warranty C Class is suicide !

Machang, 12.9 Mn is quite expensive for an Acoord is true, but the value of vehicles have gone too far with the new luxury tax regulations. Premio (which isnt subject to luxury tax) retails for 9.5-10Mn these days. Given the current situation I'm sure the coming budget in November is going to jack up prices further ?

A 3.0 Supercharged Audi in Sri Lanka ???? OMG ! You've gotten a mean machine man... Btw how much did it cost you brand new ?

Yeah right, this morning a car sale guy quoted 19 mil for a 1.3 GLB... Insane !

Anyone would mistake this for a 1.8 !

Please share more pics of your ride.

Do you really need a car right now bro? I would say wait for it. With all these restrictions, prices are going crazy and lots of shady stuff going on. 

I agree its a Bnew Company car, but still its not nice enough to justify the money. Wbt a nice E300? Slightly used yes, but pretty reliable and a looker. Market value will be dropping though. Or like Kavvz said, go for a New C class. Dont pay more than 12mil though. 

Bargain hard. There are nitwits who buy these junk for inflated prices, but a smart negotiation can get you a good car. I'm a car salesman by profession. If a customer is set on buying,we want to sell it at almost any cost. Just gotta be good at the numbers game.

Just to tell you a quick story, my friend was looking at a BMW 320i. The sale bugger was adamant it was worth 10mil. Walked out.they kept pestering to buy it at 10mil saying its worth it.5 weeks later, the guy was like "sir ada krnawa nan 85 denan". It was on the lot for 4-5 months and they wanted it gone.

On the A6. The Supercharged badges on the sides have been removed due to rich daddys kids wanna race ALL THE TIME when they see that badge.

Tires and Alloys were replaced with 18.(came with 20) Horrid ride quality on our roads and bad on the suspension.

Rear tires are wider than front.(thats the biggest hint)

On the inside its got cooling seats,bose,tan interior,pedal shifters,drive selector, and few other bits that came with the 3.0

Spent more on the engine than options. We want the exterior looking regular. Had a C300 AMG line before, the no of people that wanna cut you off and race you while giving the finger was unbelievable.

Oh, and the speedo ends at 320. Rest came at 260 and 300. KMPH

6 hours ago, fiat fan said:

True. My maa complains about lack of space. Driving is stressful on longer drives. And its definitely a tall hatch. We want to get rid of it soon. Never again lexus.

Sad that a single not so thought out model can turn off people from the brand. They do have some decent cars from boring to interesting spec...

22 minutes ago, iRage said:

Sad that a single not so thought out model can turn off people from the brand. They do have some decent cars from boring to interesting spec...

Had a Lexus rx350 for few weeks, that had a good ride and quite plush. But the exterior designs on these new Lexus vehicle’s, leave a lot to decide. 

Plus a regular oil change starts at $610. The Euros can be serviced under 300. 

I feel like they use too many Toyota parts. Even on the higher end models.

The UX does not even have a gas strut for the hood. Wtf 

Had a Lexus rx350 for few weeks, that had a good ride and quite plush. But the exterior designs on these new Lexus vehicle’s, leave a lot to decide. 

Plus a regular oil change starts at $610. The Euros can be serviced under 300. 

I feel like they use too many Toyota parts. Even on the higher end models.

The UX does not even have a gas strut for the hood. Wtf 

Lexus have had Toyota parts all along noh ? You mean things like the dash buttons and knobs and stuff I suppose ? 

Yeah...the new Lexus look is quite drastic..but does grow after sometime....personally I think it looks better in sportier trims rather than the plush ones....Had no idea it costs so much to service it over there...WHY though ?

Like I said before...the UX should not have been there...it was a senseless model that is just diluting the brand. If they wanted something that looked a bit crossover-ish they should have just simply taken the CT and put a trim level like the Aqua's UrbanX or something. What is really sad is that the Yaris Cross seems more refined and put together than the UX.

10 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Or like Kavvz said, go for a New C class. Dont pay more than 12mil though. 

I said no such thing! I said: I'm suprised there's no one here opting for it, for I think it offers decent value for money and that its a very nice, (albeit a tad under powered) car, with no major issues I know of....

What I said (or wanted to say) is : Offer @fiat fan 12-13 mil for his car instead. Its a steal at that price and is easily the best option here!*

:D 

*I kid. I'm sure its not for sale...And @fiat fan is right I did kinda say I would buy the C class for its interior, overall looks etc. 

Edited by Kavvz

21 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Not really: But yes, repairs will be more expensive. However there's not much going on with that car to worry about...

As for the prices: No, I haven't been keeping up. I was under the impression it was selling at around 11mil to 13mil. 

@Kavvz Generally the C Class is quite reliable compared to the CLA,GLA,GLB family. Its the prices that are off putting. A friend bagged one right from the agent earlier this year (escaped the luxury tax) fully loaded for close to 14Mn. Cant imagine paying 15-16 at a car sale for a medium spec car with very few colour choices.  

14 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Do you really need a car right now bro? I would say wait for it. With all these restrictions, prices are going crazy and lots of shady stuff going on. 

I agree its a Bnew Company car, but still its not nice enough to justify the money. Wbt a nice E300? Slightly used yes, but pretty reliable and a looker. Market value will be dropping though. Or like Kavvz said, go for a New C class. Dont pay more than 12mil though. 

Bargain hard. There are nitwits who buy these junk for inflated prices, but a smart negotiation can get you a good car. I'm a car salesman by profession. If a customer is set on buying,we want to sell it at almost any cost. Just gotta be good at the numbers game.

@fiat fan Unfortunately yes ! I'm in need of one now and don't want to settle for a Vitz/Raize ( or whatever is abundantly available right now in the market ) just to sell it a year or so later and buy another car. Regarding the shady stuff, you're absolutely right. Thats the whole reason I had Agent imported Hondas in mind.

I did look for some used E Class. For close to 10Mn I found a few 2013-2014 cars with low mileage. I'm skeptical on buying a 7-6 year old car for so much money. My usage is going to definitely drop its value like crazy when I sell after 3 years or so. E300 diesels are all hybrid models whom I don't even want to dread owning one. W205 face lifts aren't available that cheap these days. Can find some high mileage 2015-16 examples but the old C180 is seriously under powered and has lackluster performance on par with a premio.  

14 hours ago, fiat fan said:

On the A6. The Supercharged badges on the sides have been removed due to rich daddys kids wanna race ALL THE TIME when they see that badge.

Tires and Alloys were replaced with 18.(came with 20) Horrid ride quality on our roads and bad on the suspension.

Rear tires are wider than front.(thats the biggest hint)

On the inside its got cooling seats,bose,tan interior,pedal shifters,drive selector, and few other bits that came with the 3.0

Spent more on the engine than options. We want the exterior looking regular. Had a C300 AMG line before, the no of people that wanna cut you off and race you while giving the finger was unbelievable.

Oh, and the speedo ends at 320. Rest came at 260 and 300. KMPH

You've made a screamer a sleeper and kept your peace of mind ! 

4 hours ago, tbird said:

If I have ops budget, definitely go for the Accord with 3 year warranty

@tbird point taken ☝️

3 hours ago, Kavvz said:

I said no such thing! I said: I'm suprised there's no one here opting for it, for I think it offers decent value for money and that its a very nice, (albeit a tad under powered) car, with no major issues I know of....

What I said (or wanted to say) is : Offer @fiat fan 12-13 mil for his car instead. Its a steal at that price and is easily the best option here!*

*I kid. I'm sure its not for sale...And @fiat fan is right I did kinda say I would buy the C class for its interior, overall looks etc. 

@fiat fan wanting to sell your A6 3.0 ? would definitely consider !

@Kavvz never know, he might want to sell !

Any how, I'm taking sometime off in the coming days to visit CarSale-Town to see if I could haggle my into buying something for a logical price.

Edited by zeristo

42 minutes ago, zeristo said:

@Kavvz Generally the C Class is quite reliable compared to the CLA,GLA,GLB family. Its the prices that are off putting. A friend bagged one right from the agent earlier this year (escaped the luxury tax) fully loaded for close to 14Mn. Cant imagine paying 15-16 at a car sale for a medium spec car with very few colour choices.  

@fiat fan Unfortunately yes ! I'm in need of one now and don't want to settle for a Vitz/Raize ( or whatever is abundantly available right now in the market ) just to sell it a year or so later and buy another car. Regarding the shady stuff, you're absolutely right. Thats the whole reason I had Agent imported Hondas in mind.

I did look for some used E Class. For close to 10Mn I found a few 2013-2014 cars with low mileage. I'm skeptical on buying a 7-6 year old car for so much money. My usage is going to definitely drop its value like crazy when I sell after 3 years or so. E300 diesels are all hybrid models whom I don't even want to dread owning one. W205 face lifts aren't available that cheap these days. Can find some high mileage 2015-16 examples but the old C180 is seriously under powered and has lackluster performance on par with a premio.  

You've made a screamer a sleeper and kept your peace of mind ! 

@tbird point taken ☝️

@fiat fan wanting to sell your A6 3.0 ? would definitely consider !

@Kavvz never know, he might want to sell !

Any how, I'm taking sometime off in the coming days to visit CarSale-Town to see if I could haggle my into buying something for a logical price.

I understand. 

Tbh you Can find a C class under 13 mil. A full spec. Warranty given by the sellers leave alot to be desired. But SOME of them sales aren't TOO bad, but as always do your homework.

Avoid air suspension. Those are the cars that for for 16mil plus.

No bro. Sorry, we are not selling it. Its only got 10,610kms on the clock as of today. We maintain it like the queens water panties. Plus, I dont see what else to buy. New 5 series is tacky I think. E class is already replaced with a new design.

I would say buy a C class. Wbt a pre-owned from D*MO with warranty? 

If you really want an A6, the 2016 up goes from 10mil onwards. Very,I mean VERY few made it to SL with the 3.0 engine. Plus 90% non Quattro. 

Thel higannas have a heart attack when I prove the 3.0 v6 Supercharged quattro car does 7 in the city and 15 outstation(I kid you not). You could be doing 200 with the rpm under 2000(shift to 7th gear using pedal shifters, cruise control on. Enjoy the sound from the 14 Bose speakers and that sub on the back) 

Edited by fiat fan
Added info

4 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Its actually not that underpowered bro. I have driven only the 2.0 with 200 horses. But that thing crushed cars with waay more power. Power delivery is very good. Good start off the line. 

Ok. Quick look around says the lineup starts from 1.6L which has 154hp and 250nm. Not bad. The average weight is 1450kgs. Much better than any jap ecobox. Sadly the 1.6L seems to be from Renault(dont quote me on this)

20 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Thanks. Handles tight on a late night run. Can do big boy stuff easily. Its only clocked 10.5K yet. So we're going easy on it.

I was owned Altima with same motor and still dreaming on that acceleration. I put 120k miles and only complain is braking power is not enough on Altima with 3.5. But I believe Maxima will handle that part and It's again 10 years old story.  Nice ride buddy..