• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aqua 2013 Door Lock not working

Jayathra

Question

5 answers to this question

Well....the door lock does not have much complicated tings in there....apart from the actuator for the door lock itself (for the auto-lock) everything is very manual and connected to metal rods and cables. It could be that one of the rods are stuck on something or one of the plastic connectors of the rods are off. When you use the power door lock switch can you hear the actuator in the door working ? (I suppose the actuator can get stuck as well if it is broken).

AS for removing the door panel....the risk of what you can break pretty much is the door panel,  door handle with power window switch and door opener themselves if you are not gentle enough. Removing it would include prying out the door handle and switch and disconnecting it...undoing a few screws (one is by the door opener...and maybe a few more behind the door handle (just inspect and you can see the screws holding everything together). Finally you gently pull out the panel from along the edge releasing the clips/grommets that are connecting the panel to the door.So as long as you are gentle and can use a screwdriver without much destruction...don't worry about it (I do know quite a few people who are more destructive than a monkey with an automatic rife). One you remove the door panel there will be a huge plastic sheet pasted to the door with a silicone like substance...gently remove it from the edges and that will give you full access to the internals (window mechanism, door lock parts, etc...). Do not tear the plastic sheet away. It acts as a water protective sheet...so if you damage it there is a risk of rain water seeping in to through the door panel

If you are uncomfortable removing it...then take it to a decent garage and get it inspected...

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 6:33 AM, iRage said:

Well....the door lock does not have much complicated tings in there....apart from the actuator for the door lock itself (for the auto-lock) everything is very manual and connected to metal rods and cables. It could be that one of the rods are stuck on something or one of the plastic connectors of the rods are off. When you use the power door lock switch can you hear the actuator in the door working ? (I suppose the actuator can get stuck as well if it is broken).

AS for removing the door panel....the risk of what you can break pretty much is the door panel,  door handle with power window switch and door opener themselves if you are not gentle enough. Removing it would include prying out the door handle and switch and disconnecting it...undoing a few screws (one is by the door opener...and maybe a few more behind the door handle (just inspect and you can see the screws holding everything together). Finally you gently pull out the panel from along the edge releasing the clips/grommets that are connecting the panel to the door.So as long as you are gentle and can use a screwdriver without much destruction...don't worry about it (I do know quite a few people who are more destructive than a monkey with an automatic rife). One you remove the door panel there will be a huge plastic sheet pasted to the door with a silicone like substance...gently remove it from the edges and that will give you full access to the internals (window mechanism, door lock parts, etc...). Do not tear the plastic sheet away. It acts as a water protective sheet...so if you damage it there is a risk of rain water seeping in to through the door panel

If you are uncomfortable removing it...then take it to a decent garage and get it inspected...

yes i can hear the lock working when i lock it with the key or even the driver's door. i guess ill take it to a decent garage. Thanks man for being helpful. both you and Gayanath ❤️

• Like 2