• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sedan between 3-4 million

Sadeepa Dilhara

Question

I'm looking for comfortable, reliable sedan for my dad between 3-4million.( does not care much about fuel or driving pleasure)

2007 Toyota Camry is on top of the my list. 

1.What are the other options for me?

2.Your thoughts about the Camry

3.Common problems of Camry or other alternatives.

I appreciate your answers a lot. Thank you.

9 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, Sadeepa Dilhara said:

What about the jatco CVT transmission. Is it reliable? (Scotty Kilmer always says that jatco CVT transmissions are the worst CVT transmissions in the world.?)

Anything and everything other than a pre 2000 Toyota is bad for Scotty. Since recently new Toyotas have become the best thing on the planet for him (he seems to get all the hottest models from Toyota...so no matter what it almost looks like Scotty is getting sponsored by them :D)

FYI...the CBA-J32 will come with a RE0F10A transmission and the DBA-J32 with the slightly updated RE0F10B transmission. The JATCO part number is JF011E (same transmission as the T31 X-Trail). The transmission is neither more nor less reliable than every other  CVTs of the period. The earlier versions had a shuddering problem and few other niggles (over heating) which were resolved in the subsequent updated of the system. So if you do go for a Teana try to go for the newest one possible. Unlike the RE0F10D which the the new XTrail comes with; the older ones seem to have survived okay as long as it is taken care of with regular fluid changes, etc (which you have to do anyway with any CVT in SL....I wouldn't be surprised if Scotty found this to be an issue because in Typical American fashion they expect the things to run with minimal maintenance...which 80s and 90s Japanese cars did)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, iRage said:

Anything and everything other than a pre 2000 Toyota is bad for Scotty

Ha ha.. not anything other than a pre 2000 Toyotas. This sentence should be corrected as anything other than 94 Celica and his wife's Lexus. 

34 minutes ago, iRage said:

FYI...the CBA-J32 will come with a RE0F10A transmission and the DBA-J32 with the slightly updated RE0F10B transmission.

What are the model years which came with RE0F10B transmission. There was only one transmission called RE0F10E fitted to J32 according to Wikipedia. 

37 minutes ago, iRage said:

So if you do go for a Teana try to go for the newest one possible

Hmm. I can't afford fairly new one because my max budget is 4.2 million.

What is the best choice for me between XV40 camry and eighth gen Accord.

my requirements are respectively  

1.Comfort 

2.reliability 

3.Interior quality  

4.Parts availability 

30 minutes ago, Sadeepa Dilhara said:

Ha ha.. not anything other than a pre 2000 Toyotas. This sentence should be corrected as anything other than 94 Celica and his wife's Lexus.

Fair enough...has the wife changed her car now ? Perhaps that is why he is in to new Toyotas now :D

31 minutes ago, Sadeepa Dilhara said:

What are the model years which came with RE0F10B transmission. There was only one transmission called RE0F10E fitted to J32 according to Wikipedia. 

Well the J32 came from 2007/2008 - 2013/2014. The DBA was released around 2011/2012 in Japan...so I am guessing the B would have been introduced around that time. Also...there might be cases where the export model variant continued the A version (depending on where it was assembled...higly unlikely but still probable).

As for what Wikipedia says...cannot be...the RF0F10E is part of JATCO's CVT8 XTronic transmissions (this was a time when JATCO started redesigning its transmissions and stated putting out CVT7, CVT8, etc...series). That was first released in 2012 with the JF016E (he RF0F10D in the T32 Xtrail)..and then the JF017E (which is what the E is) later on. So the timing does not work for it to be there in the J32 Teana. I believe it first was introduced with the L33 Teana (which is the Maxima). Having said that....some markets (Taiwan, South Korea and a few more) kept manufacturing the J32 till about 2015/2016. So those might have gotten the E version.

49 minutes ago, Sadeepa Dilhara said:

Hmm. I can't afford fairly new one because my max budget is 4.2 million.

What I mean was go for the newest that your budget allows you to. 

50 minutes ago, Sadeepa Dilhara said:

What is the best choice for me between XV40 camry and eighth gen Accord.

my requirements are respectively  

1.Comfort 

2.reliability 

3.Interior quality  

4.Parts availability 

Well...of the two, the Accord is the nicer car to drive and the interior finish feels a lot more refine  and modern than that of the Camry. Having said that...what do you mean by the 8th generation of Accord ? This was a time when the export model (for some markets) had the wide body version (sold as the Inspire in some markets) and was different from the model that was sold in Japan and Europe which was a narrow body variant (some markets had this as the Accord Euro and the wide body one as Accord). In SL I believe the agent bought down the wide body version and car sales bought down the narrow body from Japan and UK.  As I said before the Accord (in either form) is the nicer car to drive (and feels more modern) but the narrow body variant is more nimble than the other.

Parts wise....well both Camry and Accord are somewhat rare cars so parts won't be common as for cars like the Corolla/Premio/Allion

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iRage said:

what do you mean by the 8th generation of Accord

I mean the wide body accord 

6 hours ago, iRage said:

the Accord is the nicer car to drive and the interior finish feels a lot more refine  and modern than that of the Camry.

I don't care about driving pleasure( beacause this car is for my dad.). He wants pure comfort. Which car has the more softer suspension and more comfortable seats.?

47 minutes ago, iRage said:

Softer suspension ? The Camry buy a little bit....then the wide body Accord...then the narrow body Accord.

Hmm. I didn't test drove a Accord yet( Beacuse I'm in Kurunegala. Accords are very very rare here). I think it's better to test drive a accord before get a decision . Thank you so much.??

7 hours ago, Sadeepa Dilhara said:

Hmm. I didn't test drove a Accord yet( Beacuse I'm in Kurunegala. Accords are very very rare here). I think it's better to test drive a accord before get a decision . Thank you so much.??

Yes....Accords are rare. It became somewhat common only after the Hybrid was introduced.

• Like 1