• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What should i buy for 3.5 M

ReinHart

Question

So This will be my first ?  vehicle and my budget is 3.5 million. 

I Like Honda Fit GP5 but kinda concern about dual clutch issue. 

What should be great vehicle to buy for this budget. can you guys recommend vehicle with good second hand market.(  Or not ?  ).

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ReinHart said:

So This will be my first ?  vehicle and my budget is 3.5 million. 

I Like Honda Fit GP5 but kinda concern about dual clutch issue. 

What should be great vehicle to buy for this budget. can you guys recommend vehicle with good second hand market.(  Or not ?  ).

The GP5 if you forget the DCT issue (and that it's a hybrid) is of course a great car...if you Really really like it you could bargain a bit more and get the price reduced and go for it . There are now joints that claim ti fix the issue for 60K and give you a warranty as well. So clearly the repair costs are going down (same with GP1 oil burn issue)  Second hand market might be a concern given it's a hybrid and of course everyone is wary about DCT. 

For 3.5 you have a lot of cars to chose what are you looking for specifically? Daily travel?  Sedan? Hatchback? If your criteria is 'As new as possible' with good second hand market you could get a 2016 Vitz or a Passo  - and when you get sick of it dispose of it quickly. Of course it's nowhere near a GP5 :D 

Edited by matroska
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ReinHart said:

That's kinda true about fit. but my friends said Vitz is very loud car because its running on 3 cylinder engine and not comfortable at all.

Actually i dont its a sedan or hatchback.?

Yes im planning to do daily (1500 KM per Month) travel but fingers crossed (Covid ? ) and i'm planning to change vehicle after 3 years.

Yes, the 1000cc Vitz isn't the most refined and comfortable hatchback out there..

As you are planning to travel 1500km per month, a hybrid option would actually suit you as you'd be able to save a decent sum from fuel costs. So, if the 1500km does not involve much severe traffic areas I'd say go for the GP5 as you like it.. :) if this involves some severe traffic runs the GP1 would be a better option as there is no dual clutch involved (given you get a car that doesn't fall under the serial numbers that have the oil burning issue and get a battery scan report done from the agents).

Like @matroska mentioned the dual clutch repairing costs are coming down drastically with the mechanics getting to know the art of repairing them. Honda hybrid batteries aren't fragile as their Toyota counter parts and if you plan on selling it within 3 years you would most likely not encounter a battery replacement IF you get a good specimen properly scanned and verified to have a sound effective usable battery capacity. 

However, like all hybrids the resale value would most likely go down..

You could also have a look at sedan options like the Civic FD series and Corolla 141s as well..

Edited by Dee Jay
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matroska said:

The GP5 if you forget the DCT issue (and that it's a hybrid) is of course a great car...if you Really really like it you could bargain a bit more and get the price reduced and go for it . There are now joints that claim ti fix the issue for 60K and give you a warranty as well. So clearly the repair costs are going down (same with GP1 oil burn issue)  Second hand market might be a concern given it's a hybrid and of course everyone is wary about DCT. 

For 3.5 you have a lot of cars to chose what are you looking for specifically? Daily travel?  Sedan? Hatchback? If your criteria is 'As new as possible' with good second hand market you could get a 2016 Vitz or a Passo  - and when you get sick of it dispose of it quickly. Of course it's nowhere near a GP5 :D 

That's kinda true about fit. but my friends said Vitz is very loud car because its running on 3 cylinder engine and not comfortable at all.

Actually i dont its a sedan or hatchback.?

Yes im planning to do daily (1500 KM per Month) travel but fingers crossed (Covid ? ) and i'm planning to change vehicle after 3 years.

Edited by ReinHart

27 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

Yes, the 1000cc Vitz isn't the most refined and comfortable hatchback out there..

As you are planning to travel 1500km per month, a hybrid option would actually suit you as you'd be able to save a decent sum from fuel costs. So, if the 1500km does not involve much severe traffic areas I'd say go for the GP5 as you like it.. :) if this involves some severe traffic runs the GP1 would be a better option as there is no dual clutch involved (given you get a car that doesn't fall under the serial numbers that have the oil burning issue and get a battery scan report done from the agents).

Like @matroska mentioned the dual clutch repairing costs are coming down drastically with the mechanics getting to know the art of repairing them. Honda hybrid batteries aren't fragile as their Toyota counter parts and if you plan on selling it within 3 years you would most likely not encounter a battery replacement IF you get a good specimen properly scanned and verified to have a sound effective usable battery capacity. 

However, like all hybrids the resale value would most likely go down..

You could also have a look at sedan options like the Civic FD series and Corolla 141s as well..

Its hard find Civic FD series mileage lower than 100,000 km and  Corolla 141 meters are altered hard find decent car.

as @matroska mention now im kinda scared about this.

Second hand market might be a concern given it's a hybrid and of course everyone is wary about DCT. 

@Dee Jay so Toyota Aqua also option but it have more battery problem than Honda Right?

Buying a second hand car is more stressful than i thought

20 minutes ago, ReinHart said:

Its hard find Civic FD series mileage lower than 100,000 km and  Corolla 141 meters are altered hard find decent car.

Yes, even though the mileages are high if the car is properly maintained and the necessary replacements have been made on time you need not be scared about the mileage as long as it is backed by maintenance records preferably at the agents so that you can also get it verified. These cars are built to last so going beyond 100,000 km isn't a bad thing. On the other hand a car having low mileage might give you more trouble under your ownership due to under usage as well.

You'll be able to get hold of first owner cars maintained at the agents (both Civic FDs and Corolla 141s)..

so Toyota Aqua also option but it have more battery problem than Honda Right?

Yes, its one of the most fuel efficient cars out there.. but, suffers from battery and ABS system related issues.. an Aqua with a good condition battery would also won't be a bad choice if you can get it at a good price along with a buffer for the repairs..

Buying a second hand car is more stressful than i thought

Hey, buying a brand new one would also be stressful! :D Just imagine the thought of getting a brand new shiny car and driving off the showroom registered under your name and to realise that alone have devalued the car by a couple of hundred thousands :(  its just that you will need to weigh the pros and cons and then decide.. there is no perfect car out there.. each will have their own strengths and weaknesses. You just have to select the one that you like so that you won't get frustrated in your ownership..

Edited by Dee Jay

3 hours ago, ReinHart said:

@Dee Jayso Toyota Aqua also option but it have more battery problem than Honda Right?

Well Aqua is not a bad car if you can save up some cash to maintain it well. Its ride height is pretty low(if you have cargo in the back then bumps are gonna hit you hard). but now battery replacements are pretty decent and can be done at TL. Car comes with some decent features but the car does depreciate fast. 

May i suggest passo? I used the earlier model (2013), it was more comfortable and spacious than vitz and the sound insulation is also a lot better than vitz even though they share the same 1KRFE engine. Only issue you are gonna have is the second hand market cuz vitz is more popular but if you dont mind some depreciation the car is actually pretty good to use. Other than a battery swap, new tires and a tuneup the car dint give any repairs for the entire 7 years. OFC i maintained it at agents but thats not a bigger concern as the car was pretty reliable even on long distance trips (unlike aqua which broke down mid kadugannawa).  You should be able to find the newer model's HANA grade or MODA G (now i think) for around 3.5-7 mil. 

Also if you are ok with a second hand you can try honda Insight? Not the best looking car but seems to tick many of the boxes similar to what you may look in a honda fit GP5. 

Other options for you include Mazda Axela , Nissan G11 Sylphy (2011) (really comfy ride for long trips ), Perodua Bezza (you could find a newer one for 3.5Mil), Vios (2011-13)... 

• Thanks 1