• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fav Strategy Games???

to all the WARHAMMER fans,microsoft and relic have teamed up and made this real life replica tank to promote their upcoming strategy game Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War 2.........

akye7k.jpg

Warhammer 40000 first version was relesed in 1997 to 1998, its my first ever Strategy game, im wating till Microsoft to relese the Dawn of War 2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Best RTS games for me would be,

Command n Conquer tiberium wars

Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath

Warhammer:40000/ Dark Crusade/ Soulstorm

Command n Conquer Red Alert 3

X3:reunion (kinda rts)

and the neveraging AOE 1/2/3 ;)

recently though Lord of the Rings were also good if any 1 want to try dat out

check out the screen shots of sum

cnc4ok8.th.jpg

bfme051024x768zk6.th.jpg

cc3screen24eu4.th.jpg

u do need a decent vga n RAM for these...so waiting for the Crossfire unit m getting on March hehe :D

dat will put ma rig to 2GB ram,1G vga...cant wait B)

2GB Ram is not enough for new games, go 4GB+, even my laptop has 4GB

the Best RTS games for me would be,

Command n Conquer tiberium wars

Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath

Warhammer:40000/ Dark Crusade/ Soulstorm

Command n Conquer Red Alert 3

X3:reunion (kinda rts)

and the neveraging AOE 1/2/3 ;)

recently though Lord of the Rings were also good if any 1 want to try dat out

check out the screen shots of sum

cnc4ok8.th.jpg

bfme051024x768zk6.th.jpg

cc3screen24eu4.th.jpg

u do need a decent vga n RAM for these...so waiting for the Crossfire unit m getting on March hehe :D

dat will put ma rig to 2GB ram,1G vga...cant wait B)

Nice graphics, but don't have enough RAM to play these... :(

• 4 weeks later...
good way to get cheap RAM is to go2 ebay coz m upgrading my 2GB ram to Corsair Dominator 1066mhz 4G :rolleyes: . will cost around 10k but if u buy frm here u get bad quality stuff :D

does you Motherboard support 1066Mhz for Memory Bus bro?? if not it's not worth it.

• 4 months later...

I noticed some guys complaining about that they don't have enought RAM to run some of these games.

Well, what we need for games (more than RAM or anything) is a good video card :). These days graphics cards come with both gpu and dedicated RAM. There again the GPU(Graphics processing unit) is the important component rather than the memory it has...

Nvidia 8400 and 9400 series falls into the mid-range graphics card. these let you play most of the games but not the graphics hungry games such as crysis... For such games you need 8600 or 9600 series cards... or even 8800

most games consume the inbuilt RAM provided in these graphics cards.

Lemme explain the importance of gpu with an example. what we have in our PC is a General Purpose Processor. If you want to draw a circle on the screen, you have to execute few hundreds of cpu instructions do so. However, graphics card use a special purpose processor (gpu). drawing a circle in this special purpose processor could be done with only one or few instructions :).

I noticed some guys complaining about that they don't have enought RAM to run some of these games.

Well, what we need for games (more than RAM or anything) is a good video card :). These days graphics cards come with both gpu and dedicated RAM. There again the GPU(Graphics processing unit) is the important component rather than the memory it has...

Nvidia 8400 and 9400 series falls into the mid-range graphics card. these let you play most of the games but not the graphics hungry games such as crysis... For such games you need 8600 or 9600 series cards... or even 8800

most games consume the inbuilt RAM provided in these graphics cards.

Lemme explain the importance of gpu with an example. what we have in our PC is a General Purpose Processor. If you want to draw a circle on the screen, you have to execute few hundreds of cpu instructions do so. However, graphics card use a special purpose processor (gpu). drawing a circle in this special purpose processor could be done with only one or few instructions :).

even you have a GTX 295 Platinum still within few months u need a new one,

• 1 year later...

I've played only few of strategy games mentioned here. Does any body played CAESER III. Well it's not major action game. But highly strategic I played it in 1997-99 time. One of best game. And tough to achieve the winning objectives too.

I've played only few of strategy games mentioned here. Does any body played CAESER III. Well it's not major action game. But highly strategic I played it in 1997-99 time. One of best game. And tough to achieve the winning objectives too.

Used to play it. Was a lot of fun. A step aside from the mindless 'kill everyone' strategy games at the time like AoE2. Although that little Cobra in AoE2 was mighty fun! :)

IMO following are best strategy games i have played and even though some of them are old (mainly graphics) they are still the best ones i've seen.

Warcraft 3 and Warcraft 3 FT

Starcraft and Starcraft 2 (released just a week back)

Red Alert and Yuri's Revenge

Stronghold II (i loved the robinhood style music and gameplay, graphics are fine too)

Lord of the Realms II (the best one of that series but a semi real time strategy game)

Dawn of War II and Dark Crusade

Tiberian Sun

I have played the following but they are pretty boring compared to above games. You just have to do the same thing over and over again.

Age of Empires, Age of Mythology and Empire Earth

C&C Generals and other C&C games like Tiberian Wars and wrath of the kane or something

Zeus: Master of Olympus (this one is bit ok though)

Man i used to play lots of games back in the day. :blink:

Edited by zerocool

oh my.. Is paying USD 7.99 for C&C with Zerohour expansion pack worth????

Actually i wanted to use low memory hungry game for laptop / real time strategy game with weapons used in nowa days (not a sci-fi). yesterday there was ebay 4 CD pack. I put a bid for USD 1. Just noticed i've wont it.

Edited by MkX

oh my.. Is paying USD 7.99 for C&C with Zerohour expansion pack worth????

Actually i wanted to use low memory hungry game for laptop / real time strategy game with weapons used in nowa days (not a sci-fi). yesterday there was ebay 4 CD pack. I put a bit for USD 1. Just noticed i've wont it.

Generals is not a bad game, since i like fantasy type games i didnt like it much. I think the best thing you can do is, check some gameplay videos on youtube. Then you can decide if you wanna buy it or not.

Generals is not a bad game, since i like fantasy type games i didnt like it much. I think the best thing you can do is, check some gameplay videos on youtube. Then you can decide if you wanna buy it or not.

Yeh i watched some vedios on utube. I liked it. so any way i'm gonna get it :D

• 1 year later...

I didnt bring the topic up anyways was desperately searchin for Age of empires 3, yeah I know its a bit old but I'm kinda addicted to AOE2

Except for a torrent, any other way I could get it, any shop or something?

my all time favorites are

command and conquer generals and zero hour

warhammer 40k,soulstorm,dawn of war II

red Alert 3 and red alert 3 uprising

total war series

age of empires series

C&C 3 and C&C 4

it's a shame they don't make games like C&C generals these days.

I'm playing something called Arsenal of Democracy these days. I think it might fall under the war gaming category, rather than strategy. Its not a neato graphics and explosions type thing, it is extremely complex. More complex than games like Ceaser and Civilization.

I'm playing something called Arsenal of Democracy these days. I think it might fall under the war gaming category, rather than strategy. Its not a neato graphics and explosions type thing, it is extremely complex. More complex than games like Ceaser and Civilization.

And it will run on my shitty desktop! I need to get it asap.