• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Compact SUV around 6 mil

shehannf

13 minutes ago, shehannf said:

Hi guys I'm hoping to buy a compact SUV for around 6mil, What I have in mind is the Toyota Raize and the Suzuki Vitara. What do you guys think? Which one is better? Also what are the other vehicles I could buy for this price range? 

Well if you have to go with a New/unreg car then I'd say the Vitara is a way better option than Raize. you can read the Vitara review here. Other vehicles for 6M : Honda CRV ~2013/2014 Waaaaay better than both 

5 hours ago, shehannf said:

Hi guys I'm hoping to buy a compact SUV for around 6mil, What I have in mind is the Toyota Raize and the Suzuki Vitara. What do you guys think? Which one is better? Also what are the other vehicles I could buy for this price range? 

The raize is a joke above 6 million. Vitara starts at like 6.3 and go to 6.5. Take a look at both, u ll realise how small the raize is. 

• Thanks 1

A Raize is 6mil ??? WHAT ! Personally I think 6+mil even for a Vitara is too much...but at least you get a crossover that is a bit more capable than the Raize.

Would you not consider used options for the same budget ? You can find a decent number of CRVs and RAV4s and even other Korean offerings or the same price level (and there are some well taken care of units around). 

1 hour ago, iRage said:

A Raize is 6mil ??? WHAT ! Personally I think 6+mil even for a Vitara is too much...but at least you get a crossover that is a bit more capable than the Raize.

Would you not consider used options for the same budget ? You can find a decent number of CRVs and RAV4s and even other Korean offerings or the same price level (and there are some well taken care of units around). 

Dude there are raize for 6.7 to 7 mil also check the fast ad site

Edited by tiv
  • Confused 1

Ford Ecosport is also a good option. I think it is better than Raize. You can check with Ford agent Future Automobiles and will be able to get it brand new below 6M.  as I remember it has 5 years Ford warranty.

Edited by tbird

6 hours ago, tiv said:

Dude there are raize for 6.7 to 7 mil also check the fast ad site

Okay....6.7 - 7 mil for a little crossover hatchback is ridiculous ! 

OP...please look in to other options to get better value for your money. Unless you really rally want that Raize.

CRVs are a good option. So would be vehicles like the Sorento/SantaFe (if they fit within the budget). You might want to look at some of the Korean entry level crossovers might be an option (and these would come with the actual manufacturer's warranty offered through the local agent). Not sure what models are offered in SL...Kona ? Venue ?

1 hour ago, tbird said:

Ford Ecosport is also a good option. I think it is better than Raize. You can check with Ford agent Future Automobiles and will be able to get it brand new below 6M.  as I remember it has 5 years Ford warranty.

Yes - it has a 5 year/ 100,000 km Warranty from the agents and at least was 5.5 in March this year. 

4 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Highest spec goes for even 7.5Mil

this is crazy - i mean this is *almost*  entry-level-slightlyused-CRV territory. 

Edited by matroska

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Is there a sudden spike in prices with the Rs. going down and restricted imports ? Been seeing posts of guys asking whether they should be buying Vitzies for 5mil and Allions/Premios being quoted ridiculous prices. 

Yes asking prices have gone over the roof these days.. Saw an advertisement for a 2020 Premio asking 10 million today on FB..

On 7/20/2020 at 4:59 PM, shehannf said:

Well, if it was my money I would ditch the Raize straight away.. It is way over priced here in Sri Lanka and isn't worth the asking prices.. Vitara is a better vehicle overall and there's an ownership review of a forum member which had been quoted above.

For your price point there would be brand new small Korean SUVs like the Kia Stonic and Hyundai Venue. But, keep in mind that they both sport dual clutch transmissions that might over heat if you are constantly driving in high traffic zones. However, they are backed by the agent's warranty for a decent time giving you the peace of mind.

Then when it comes to the 2nd hand market you will come across more capable or better equipped vehicles like the Honda CRV RM generation, Kia Sportage, Kia Sorento, Hyundai Tucson, Hyundai Santafe, and then the familiar Vezels and CHRs. I have left out the Nissan X Trails owing to the bad reputation they have with regard to their transmissions. You might also see that there are some decent vehicles like Mitsubishi ASX and Subaru XV out there as well.

So, you've got a decent selection of SUVs for your budget which you can decide based on what fits your needs best!

3 hours ago, iRage said:

Is there a sudden spike in prices with the Rs. going down and restricted imports ? Been seeing posts of guys asking whether they should be buying Vitzies for 5mil and Allions/Premios being quoted ridiculous prices. 

Every vehicle, including most motorbikes  have started increasing their asking prices just recently to compensate for those reasons you mentioned. 

Sad situation really. 

On 7/20/2020 at 4:59 PM, shehannf said:

Agree with the rest, Raize is absolutely not worth the price. And the Vitara, just my personal opinion for some reason I feel the latest generation has gone down in terms of the ruggedness, built quality and design aspect compared to the previous generation. 

So If I were you I would go for any of the following.

1-Kia Sorento (2012-13)

2-Mitsubishi ASX (2013-14) 

3-Prev gen X trail 

4-Kia Sportage CRDi

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GK_007 said:

Agree with the rest, Raize is absolutely not worth the price. And the Vitara, just my personal opinion for some reason I feel the latest generation has gone down in terms of the ruggedness, built quality and design aspect compared to the previous generation. 

1-Kia Sorento (2012-13)

3-Prev gen X trail 

4-Kia Sportage CRDi

True...the new Vitara does not have the ruggedness, capabilities and even the looks of the previous generation. The old Vitara used to be a competitor for the RAV4, XTrail but now it is a segment lower than that. However, compared its price and what you get for the money...it is worth a good look in to if you are in the market for the likes of a CHR/Vezel and Raize.

9 hours ago, GK_007 said:

1-Kia Sorento (2012-13)

3-Prev gen X trail 

4-Kia Sportage CRDi

As a User of a Previous Gen Vitara, new one doesn't even come close to the previous one (Was expecting some thing similar to Latest Jimny like vehicle but). but new one stands out from the rest of the CUVs like iRage said. bit sad we are not getting the 1.4 or 1.6 version here due to the insane tax structure.

Edited by Ruslan

15 hours ago, shehannf said:

Thanks so much for the comments guys. Now I'm thinking to buy a Subaru XV 2014/2015 (for around 5mil). What do you all think? Is it better than the CRV 2011? 

The XV is a much more fun ride to drive. Better handling, acceleration (feel) and ride is a bit firm and sporty. On the other hand the CRV (of the era you are looking at) will feel more refined,luxurious and more sp,acious. Engine feel of the CRV is decent..but I hate the transmission in it (it has a funky mechanism for hill stop assisting and quick acceleration which annoys me). Also, the CRV would have more body roll.