• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can i buy a vehicle with car permit

Podidhu

You mean can he buy a car that has already been imported ? I do not think he can. If the car is already in a car sale that means all the duties have been paid. There really is no way to claim it back. Even if there was a way it would be too tedious. The only type of car that is already in Sri Lanka that I can imagine you purchasing with a permit is a car that is in a bonded warehouse/yard (because these cars are technically not yet imported and cleared IN TO the country) but I am not sure if that is allowed as well mainly due to how the paper work and payment for the vehicle, etc.needs to be done.

The best thing for you to do is call the govt. information hotline and ask and they will probably direct you to the customs department or the ministry of finance. Ask from them directly. Do not consult car sales people as they will tell you anything these days to sell a car because they are desperate. 

Edited by iRage
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Podidhu said:

One of my friend (Doctor ) waiting for his car permit in next months. As corona import of new vehicles has been cancelled. So can he buy a brand-new  car from car sales with his permit and how much of price reduction permits? 

No, its a fake news..

1.Permit is only to import a vehicle for the particular permit holder... you can't negotiate that for a someone else's vehicle..

2. Almost all cars (except the below 1000 cc), were imported with permits these days... even with the agents.. so it's not practical 

3. Dont get fooled by gossips.. i really don't understand why these permit holders can't understand circulars.. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Podidhu said:

One of my friend (Doctor ) waiting for his car permit in next months.

Imagine the pain of waiting 5years for a permit to show off to others only to find out it has become a useless paper only worth rolling up his @$S.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1