• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer ex for 3.6 mil?

Islander93

So I have set my eyes on a lancer after the feedback I got from the previous thread. I was quoted a price of 3.6 mil for a lancer ex made in 2008 with automatic transmission from the third owner of the car. Mileage is 113,000km. It is accident free except for a minor bump at home. Whether or not the ABS sensor issue is settled, he doesn’t know. It has been maintained by auto mirage and there are maintenance records. Kindly state your opinion.

I am using a 2008 Lancer ex GLS and ABS sensor being faulty is a known issue for 2008 exs. I had to replace my front left ABS sensor once. Agent quoted 35k for the sensor and I got down one from eBay for 7.5k. But most of the ABS sensor issues have been rectified under warranty for 2008exs. You may check this with UNIMO before buying the car. My overall experience with the car has been extremely positive. I am sure other fellow EX users will vouch for that

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

I am using a 2008 Lancer ex GLS and ABS sensor being faulty is a known issue for 2008 exs. I had to replace my front left ABS sensor once. Agent quoted 35k for the sensor and I got down one from eBay for 7.5k. But most of the ABS sensor issues have been rectified under warranty for 2008exs. You may check this with UNIMO before buying the car. My overall experience with the car has been extremely positive. I am sure other fellow EX users will vouch for that

Thank you for the response. So the price quoted is reasonable?

8 minutes ago, Islander93 said:

Thank you for the response. So the price quoted is reasonable?

Yeap it’s quite okay. Is this a GLS or a GLX?

That also he doesn’t know. But the first owner has been some hotshot in the unimo and the second owner has been a judge. So I suspect it to be a GLS.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Islander93 said:

That also he doesn’t know. 

SAY WHAT???

If this is KJ-284X you're talking about, it is a GLX.

Apart from AFS (projector headlights) and multifunction steering wheel (which is a cheap upgrade if you want it) almost all other differences between those 2 models are purely cosmetic so I'd say it's still worth it

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

SAY WHAT???

If this is KJ-284X you're talking about, it is a GLX.

Apart from AFS (projector headlights) and multifunction steering wheel (which is a cheap upgrade if you want it) almost all other differences between those 2 models are purely cosmetic so I'd say it's still worth it

No this is kg-8xxx. And it doesn’t have a multifunction steering wheel. Does it automatically make it a glx?

4 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

@Islander93 a 2011 KL-XXXX GLS just popped up on the quick site

Now that's a good looking EX. Says all history is available from first rego as well. Should be good. Much newer car than OP's 2008 one (no ABS sensor issue) and a GLS too. 

That last photo with the Evo spoiler... ?

20 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Yes. If the headlights look like this that makes it a GLX too

You had to share this instead of a normal photo didn't you? :D 

• Haha 1

GLS has has few additional features

Better seat material, Multi function leather steering, projector beam head light, wooden/ carbon like finish inserts in the dash and front doors, 6 speakers instead of 4, factory remote key with remote boot release.

GLS will be Rs. 100-200K  worth over GLX

48 minutes ago, kush said:

GLS has has few additional features

Better seat material, Multi function leather steering, projector beam head light, wooden/ carbon like finish inserts in the dash and front doors, 6 speakers instead of 4, factory remote key with remote boot release.

GLS will be Rs. 100-200K  worth over GLX

There was an "Audi style" projector light upgrade for the GLX, that alone cost about 85k (New)

Multifunction steering - can find one for 15k-20k, reconditioned

AFAIK 2012 and above GLX versions have 6 speakers. Then again, some 2012 and above GLX versions didn't have an armrest. Some didn't even have body-colored door handles and side/wing mirrors... UNIMO was very inconsistent when it comes to trim levels 

Edited by Hyaenidae

2 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

There was an "Audi style" projector light upgrade for the GLX, that alone cost about 85k (New)

Multifunction steering - can find one for 15k-20k, reconditioned

AFAIK 2012 and above GLX versions have 6 speakers. Then again, some 2012 and above GLX versions didn't have an armrest. Some didn't even have body-colored door handles and side/wing mirrors... UNIMO was very inconsistent when it comes to trim levels 

Maybe cuz these were bought on order.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

The MARS branded Audi style headlights look good, but from what I've heard from owners who have installed them, they're horrible when it comes to light output. The OEM projectors are apparently the best. 

It's a pity Mitsubishi didn't offer projector headlamps as standard. Even the Evo X didn't get them after 2010 or so. None of the Final Editions I've seen has them. They totally change the look of the car. 

I was contemplating on getting a pair of used Evo X ones for my car and later discovered that 2011 onwards models don't have the self levelling wire harness pre-installed. Early model EXs have them, so the projector lamps is just plug and play. So if I were to install them, the self-levelling wouldn't work and I'd actually have to manually level the headlamps after installing.  

24 minutes ago, Davy said:

The MARS branded Audi style headlights look good, but from what I've heard from owners who have installed them, they're horrible when it comes to light output. The OEM projectors are apparently the best. 

It's a pity Mitsubishi didn't offer projector headlamps as standard. Even the Evo X didn't get them after 2010 or so. None of the Final Editions I've seen has them. They totally change the look of the car. 

I was contemplating on getting a pair of used Evo X ones for my car and later discovered that 2011 onwards models don't have the self levelling wire harness pre-installed. Early model EXs have them, so the projector lamps is just plug and play. So if I were to install them, the self-levelling wouldn't work and I'd actually have to manually level the headlamps after installing.  

Being totally honest I like how OEM halogens look rather than OEM projectors...

I was contemplating getting Audi style headlights because the car looks cool af with those mean DRLs, there's many a EX around here sporting those

brbmvFk.jpg

Edited by Hyaenidae

44 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Being totally honest I like how OEM halogens look rather than OEM projectors...

I was contemplating getting Audi style headlights because the car looks cool af with those mean DRLs, there's many a EX around here sporting those

Well for me I wouldn’t even think of getting rid of projector OEMs. I just forget about the front and concentrate on back ?. I might end up installing aftermarket taillights.TBH I do not like the reddish background of my existing taillights.