• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Masterdon and the Batmobile

Crosswind

This is a spin-off conversation from the Quick Trivia 3 thread.

I thought this was the car (although it has changed colours now)

Fun fact: Did you know that this colour is known as Ceylon Gold by BMW. It's one of the original colours in the palette and is a highly sought-after colour

e415ed0ea1013a6411eaa75a14015348-jpg.359

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Crosswind said:

I thought this was the car (although it has changed colours now)

Fun fact: Did you know that this colour is known as Ceylon Gold by BMW. It's one of the original colours in the palette and is a highly sought-after colour

e415ed0ea1013a6411eaa75a14015348-jpg.359

I got to drive this thing hard for a good 50KMs on twisty mountain roads. A peach of a car. Handles like a gem. Engine and Gearbox were just sublime. Cannot give enough praise.

11 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Holy crap: What a generous owner! 

You know that MasterDon writes for a auto magazine right? Good profession to be in if you are a petrol head who likes to drive all sorts of cars.

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

You know that MasterDon writes for a auto magazine right? Good profession to be in if you are a petrol head who likes to drive all sorts of cars.

Oh absolutely: It's a great setup for MasterDon! But still, it is extremely nice of the owner to lend out a car like that for little gain.

I mean, it's not like the owner would get paid. And to loan out an irreplaceable car like that for a 50km thrash in the woods- Wow! Even if nothing needed fixing afterwards, there's always wear and tear, as well as the cost and hassle of detailing the car to bring it back to the condition it left in...

So while it's awesome that MasterDon got to drive it, I'm more impressed by the fact the the owner lent it out ...Good on him / her ! 

Edited by Kavvz

23 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Oh absolutely: It's a great setup for MasterDon! But still, it is extremely nice of the owner to lend out a car like that for little gain.

I mean, it's not like the owner would get paid. And to loan out an irreplaceable car like that for a 50km thrash in the woods- Wow! Even if nothing needed fixing afterwards, there's always wear and tear, as well as the cost and hassle of detailing the car to bring it back to the condition it left in...

So while it's awesome that MasterDon got to drive it, I'm more impressed by the fact the the owner lent it out ...Good on him / her ! 

Writing is not really my profession, Just a very,very fulfilling side hustle.

Owner of the Batmobile is a good friend. We are both second generation car collectors as our dads were among the first to start collecting cars as a hobby in SL back in the day. So that,and the fact I also have a collection myself, with experience in ownership and restoration helps other owners be at ease when handing me the keys I guess.

Just to be clear I didn't "thrash" the car. Just drove it fairly hard,at a decent pace that I was certain to not have any adverse effect on the mechanicals. I know how to show respect to the machine and have fun at the same time, especially when in a classic. I think that's what separates me from most other auto journos.

Trust me, I was well aware that it was a super rare and worth 400,000$.

Edit - Found a pic . Mods pls remove if it violates forum rules regarding other publications.

29744988_663838003740526_4743629244789301093_o.jpg

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MasterDon said:

Owner of the Batmobile is a good friend. We are both second generation car collectors as our dads were among the first to start collecting cars as a hobby in SL back in the day. So that,and the fact I also have a collection myself, with experience in ownership and restoration helps other owners be at ease when handing me the keys I guess.

Just to be clear I didn't "thrash" the car. Just drove it fairly hard,at a decent pace that I was certain to not have any adverse effect on the mechanicals. I know how to show respect to the machine and have fun at the same time, especially when in a classic. I think that's what separates me from most other auto journos.

Edit - Found a pic . Mods pls remove if it violates forum rules regarding other publications.

I took some photos of it at Ceylon Motor Show in 2017

Most probably this placard was also designed by you @ MasterDon 

FB_IMG_1594555218567.jpg

FB_IMG_1594555182092.jpg

FB_IMG_1594555199832.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MasterDon said:

Hey @MasterDon

I trust you didn't take any offence as you would have said something to that effect in your post above; but just to clear the air and make sure no one misinterprets what I said above: I didn't mean to imply that you were irresponsible or that you mistreated the car in anyway...

My thoughts were simlply:

1. Wow! What a rare car 
  2. Whoa! The owner must be insanely chill to lend people his car like that, or wealthy enough not to care: Either way cool scene.
  3. Crap! And here, I don't even let my Dad drive my car- I'm such a stingy bastard...

That's it. :D  

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

I took some photos of it at Ceylon Motor Show in 2017

Most probably this placard was also designed by you @ MasterDon

2017 I was involved in organizing the Motor Show, but the placards were done by @esdeezand @Supra_Natural .

26 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Hey @MasterDon

I trust you didn't take any offence as you would have said something to that effect in your post above; but just to clear the air and make sure no one misinterprets what I said above: I didn't mean to imply that you were irresponsible or that you mistreated the car in anyway...

My thoughts were simlply:

1. Wow! What a rare car 
  2. Whoa! The owner must be insanely chill to lend people his car like that, or wealthy enough not to care: Either way cool scene.
  3. Crap! And here, I don't even let my Dad drive my car- I'm such a stingy bastard...

That's it. :D  

No offence taken at all. :)

Mods-sorry for OT. Please move to post whoring if necessary.

• Like 1

I don't know why this deserves a separate thread. Especially one with my name on the title.

Post whoring would have sufficed.

I really don't have anything else to say on this matter.

Edited by MasterDon

On 7/12/2020 at 8:38 AM, MasterDon said:

[Topgear intro music plays in the background]

Tonight!

- Masterdon drives a Batmobile

- Kavvz has daddy issues

- Crosswind creates a thread

[Intro music hits its crescendo and fades]

[Applause]

Hello and welcome, thank you, thank you [applause fades] now!.... 

• Haha 3