• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Landsail Tyres

KasunU

Question

11 answers to this question

Once I had to replace my front 2 tyres with Landsail tyres for my previous axio 141, cause I was in Anuradhapura at that time and the nearby tyre shop had only this brand for my tyre size.

Previously I had Dunlop Japanese which came with the vehicle. 

Comparing with Dunlop , the Landsails were more comfortable may be due to extra thickness,  there was more road noise,  aged better than Dunlops. 

Only issue I had was the road noise. They were on when I sold the car

I've heard many reviews of these being good tyres, theres a big local demand as well, yet to use them though

Another underrated brand is Westlake, they arent bought down now.

Colour me skeptical but i for one am very uncomfortable with the thought that some company can offer a product which costs half the price of anything from a reputed manufacturer without cutting corners on quality as well as R&D

Ultimately most cars have a contact patch about the size of an A4 sheet at each corner - that's all that keeps you on the road so whether you want to gamble buying some unknown brand because the masses who know very little about cars, in a broad sense, feel it's alright is a questionable measure.

For the record, i'm not saying big brands make excellent tires all the time - the specific mode, compound, tread patterns and usage/fitness for purpose play a huge part in how a tire performs in a specific application.

Leaving aside my personal bias, i'd urge you to check the reviews from actual users as well as the reviews from tire tests conducted by major automotive magazines to see how these tires hold up but i suspect that they're unheard of in more developed nations, so might not even make the tests.

If you want to go with a budget tire @KasunU perhaps also consider something like Maaxxis or Nankang or even Federal maybe?

15 minutes ago, Devinda_Z said:

Colour me skeptical but i for one am very uncomfortable with the thought that some company can offer a product which costs half the price of anything from a reputed manufacturer without cutting corners on quality as well as R&D

Ultimately most cars have a contact patch about the size of an A4 sheet at each corner - that's all that keeps you on the road so whether you want to gamble buying some unknown brand because the masses who know very little about cars, in a broad sense, feel it's alright is a questionable measure.

For the record, i'm not saying big brands make excellent tires all the time - the specific mode, compound, tread patterns and usage/fitness for purpose play a huge part in how a tire performs in a specific application.

Leaving aside my personal bias, i'd urge you to check the reviews from actual users as well as the reviews from tire tests conducted by major automotive magazines to see how these tires hold up but i suspect that they're unheard of in more developed nations, so might not even make the tests.

If you want to go with a budget tire @KasunU perhaps also consider something like Maaxxis or Nankang or even Federal maybe?

The issue I am facing right now is that  235/40/18 being somewhat rare in Sri Lanka because most tyre brands does not have this size expect Michelin, continental which are expensive around 60k ?

Edited by KasunU

12 hours ago, KasunU said:

The issue I am facing right now is that  235/40/18 being somewhat rare in Sri Lanka because most tyre brands does not have this size expect Michelin, continental which are expensive around 60k ?

Yes true, they bring some of the awkward tyre sizes, that being low profile they’ve found their way into may aquas g sports and even older mercs.

1 hour ago, john cooper said:

I was looking at my Suppliers site and Landsail LS588 which is the set of rubber you looking got 4.9/5 reviews.

So you can't go wrong with it.

regards,

JC

Locally they’ve become Popular with ricer boys running large rims lol

12 hours ago, KasunU said:

Check this out https://tyrebass.lk/search

For your size Landsail is available from 21k 

Nexen 31k