• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Revenue license not renewed for bery long

Reficul96

Question

Hey friends,

Finally decided to officially make an account and be friends with fellow petrolheads.

Ive found a car that has not been licensed for the past five years, bugger is willing to hand it over to me.

Is it still possible to get the vehicled registered uptodate even with fines and stuff like that or can that vehicle never be put back out again ?

Came across this and I flipped my its http://www.dailymirror.lk/148514/Vehicle-registration-cancelled-if-revenue-license-not-obtained-for-five-years

Appreciations in advance ?

7 answers to this question

Ask the seller to renew the license before the sale. Its his responsibility not yours. Why do you want to take someone else's problems to your head?

When buying/selling a vehicle:

1. Upto date revenue license - seller's responsibility

2. Getting insurance - buyer's responsibility

3. Filling transfer papers and sending 2 copies to RMV - seller's responsibility

4. Up to date emission certificate - seller's responsibility

5. Luxury tax (if any) - seller's responsibility

6. Getting a valuation (for a lease if required) - buyer's responsibility

• Like 3

From the looks of it seller is not bothered about any of the 6

All that can be managed legally but will take lot of time, effort and money including fines.

Budget for everything if you are keen on the vehicle.

Most expensive would be luxury tax arrears and if the receipts are missing.

C

Crosswinf is rigght - It will be a hassels for sure .

Maybe an oppertunity to drop his asking price to the ground owing to the hassel if you are keen to take it on. By the way Whats the vehicle if you dont mind ?

2 hours ago, Reficul96 said:

It's a Galant colt 10, old car, wanted to do a DIY project. Price is low as hell, just wanted to see my possibilities.

Seller has abandoned the car for so long, 

If this can be done anyone knows about the procedure of doing so.don't mind going through a few hassles.

@kush as long as its possible and wont take me a huge chunk of bucks

Relatable. I was also on the lookout for a project car. Inspected 4 cars, all of them don't have their revenue done for several years. So hard for our people to get revenue done these days lol (Mind you these cars aren't abandoned either, they run time to time, one was even owned by a doctor.) 

Also about the cost, it won't be big (a few thousand rupees per year) and you can inquire from the RMV.

Like mentioned above, it's the sellers responsibility. If he can't get it done, there's also the possibility that something sketchy is going on so be wary. 

Good luck on the purchase! 

• Thanks 1

It's a Galant colt 10, old car, wanted to do a DIY project. Price is low as hell, just wanted to see my possibilities.

Seller has abandoned the car for so long, 

If this can be done anyone knows about the procedure of doing so.don't mind going through a few hassles.

@kush as long as its possible and wont take me a huge chunk of bucks

Edited by Reficul96

Renewing the Revenue Licence is not a big deal,  get the car road worthy and do the emission test.

Go to the DS pay the fine and get the new licence, but you need to have at least the last renewed original licence in your hand,

Oh ...... im a really fan of this 10 light Galant.

On 7/10/2020 at 1:10 AM, Reficul96 said:

Hey friends,

Finally decided to officially make an account and be friends with fellow petrolheads.

Ive found a car that has not been licensed for the past five years, bugger is willing to hand it over to me.

Is it still possible to get the vehicled registered uptodate even with fines and stuff like that or can that vehicle never be put back out again ?

Came across this and I flipped my its http://www.dailymirror.lk/148514/Vehicle-registration-cancelled-if-revenue-license-not-obtained-for-five-years

Appreciations in advance ?

Hello there i also have the same problem can u plz say what did u do to it