• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aqua 2012 vs Yaris 2007 vs Corolla 141 vs Honda fit GP1

shadowfax99

Question

Hi 
I am considering buying a second-hand Aqua 2012/ Yaris 2007 / Corolla 141 OR Honda fit GP1  as my second car.I 'd appreciate if any expert could tell me pros and cons of each and what would be the best and any alternatives to the above 4.(budget is around LKR 3 mln).

I intend to use the vehicle mostly in the weekend.During the weekdays it will normally be in the garage.Occasionally I intend to use it for long trips.

I am also concerned about the failures of hybrid batteries,the maintenance costs and the fuel efficiency.

thanks!

6 answers to this question

18 hours ago, shadowfax99 said:
Hi 
I am considering buying a second-hand Aqua 2012/ Yaris 2007 / Corolla 141 OR Honda fit GP1  as my second car.I 'd appreciate if any expert could tell me pros and cons of each and what would be the best and any alternatives to the above 4.(budget is around LKR 3 mln).

I intend to use the vehicle mostly in the weekend.During the weekdays it will normally be in the garage.Occasionally I intend to use it for long trips.

I am also concerned about the failures of hybrid batteries,the maintenance costs and the fuel efficiency.

thanks!

Depending on your usage pattern - weekend driver/long distance trips there's no point in getting a used hybrid and running the risk of hybrid related maintenance headaches. Overall the obvious choice would be a Corolla 141 - it's a simple car easy to maintain  and will be more comfy than the Yaris on long drives/Outstation trips. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, gayanath said:

Corolla 141 will be the best suitable car for your usage pattern. (Hope "second car" means selling first car and buying another one)

yes I meant buying another one.

Thanks a lot for all the replies!Seems that 141 is the best option.

However I gather that in terms of fuel efficiency it is not that good.Will a second hand Toyota Vios OR Vitz be a better alternative ,considering my requirements?

Edited by shadowfax99
addition of a new item

2 hours ago, shadowfax99 said:

fuel efficiency it is not that good

on long distance and weekend drives I really don't think it will make a huge difference for you specially since you don't drive daily. It's not like that the Vios/Vitz would do twice as better as the Corolla.  You'll appreciate the powerful engine (when overtaking etc) and the relative comfort (over the vios/vitz) on a long distance trip than the 300-400 rs you're going to save on fuel. The Vios of course is not a bad car but at their current age most of them are quite hacked and the interiors are falling to pieces. It'll be easier to find a 141 in better condition than a vios. While the 141 is not what I'd exactly call a fun to drive car it's got a sweet 1.6 L engine and it's built like a tank 

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for the replies !I find that this forum is really helpful.

I am having the impression that  the best option is Corolla 141.

One more clarification:in terms of performance,fuel efficiency  and maintenance  is Yaris 2007/2008 equally good as 141? Are there any known technical issues in both models?