• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

[RECOMMENDATIONS] Willies Automobiles, Kandy

On 7/8/2020 at 1:28 AM, Jason Bourne said:

AutoLankans, is there a workshop around Kandy you could recommend for a suspension repair/replacement of a corolla 141? Is this "Willies Automobiles" any good? Or are there better places?

Don't want to go to the agent and get myself fleeced. Thank you in advance!

I use a Bush mechanic from the Katugastota area for my work, anything Mitsubishi I give to the agents. If u are interested I ll pass the contacts 

But its not a posh joint, small place in a narrow road, but will know your car in and out

36 minutes ago, tiv said:

But its not a posh joint, small place in a narrow road, but will know your car in and out

The best kind ! I use my local under-the-mango-tree joint for stuff like oil changes, brake repairs, CV joint replacements and other routine stuff all the time. Works out well for me too. Buts its not for everyone.

But having said that, as you have implied, for anything complicated and anything specific to your car, repairs at the agents are always the best choice. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2020 at 8:37 AM, AVANTE said:

Charlton Motors in Kiribathkumbura.

Do they undertake repairs as well? Spare parts are very expensive and most probably fakes. 

Heard both good and bad things about willies on their paint work but not sure about mechanical work.

I go to kundasale auto service or excellent auto for mechanical work but there are times i came home disappointed from both places.

Suspension of a 141 couldn't be that sophisticated, any greasemonkey would be able to do that with tools.

On 8/15/2020 at 9:50 AM, BlueRaiden said:

Do they undertake repairs as well? Spare parts are very expensive and most probably fakes. 

Heard both good and bad things about willies on their paint work but not sure about mechanical work.

I go to kundasale auto service or excellent auto for mechanical work but there are times i came home disappointed from both places.

Suspension of a 141 couldn't be that sophisticated, any greasemonkey would be able to do that with tools.

They do. But if you don't trust them it's fine. Theres also another place in Katugastota named "Chaminda Motors". His pricing is good but he doesn't do repairs. 

Mechs I trust are located in Mawanella so I'm not very sure about kandy mechs. @tiv knows a good fellow. 

• 4 weeks later...

Members,

I read this thread and find almost all have recommended the usual Patton of changing engine oil and the transmission oil. I have used motor vehicles from the time as a teenager to date for last sixty years. During 1950, Early days motorists did not have latest developed technology and Lubricants for engines, transmissions and other moving parts of an a Automobile.

Every automobile user was advised by the new vehicle dealers (During that time Ceylon had only hand full of Automobile  importers, they also did the service of the vehicles) to change engine oil at the end of 1000 Miles do a service on a automobile service station in that era. Service stations did first was to spray penetrating oil to engine bay from top, undercarriage where the engine gear box and differential area of automobiles, leave the vehicle for 15 minutes for the sprayed penetrating oil to go into all dust and mud deposited on the penetrating oil sprayed areas of a vehicle.

Today that practice is obsolete, also can effect the electronic censers installed on to a vehicle. At present many service stations apply little kerosene and diesel mixed mixture to visible areas on the engine bay. later they hold high pressure air to the early mentioned areas of a vehicle's to get rid of dust on those areas.

In the past for forty years I never visited a service station, I changed oil regularly when the mileage meter reads the kilometers to change oil. Every time I change engine oil, also with a new oil filter use high pressure air clean the entire bay, wash the undercarriage carefully, so that any electronic parts fitted will not effect.

I used a Japanese vehicle Nisan Venette for about 8 years 100000 Kilometers, Chinese for 16000 Kilometers, Indian for 45000 Kilometer's. At present a Japanese Suzuki Every has done 15000 Kilometers. All repairs and servicing is done by myself.

I mentioned all above is not to blow my trumpet, all above is my experience about Automobiles.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.