• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz 2020/ 2019 or used Audi A1 2016 ?

Ranavir

Question

I am hoping to buy a new car with a budget of around/ less than 50 lacks.

Would it be better off to buy a used Audi A1 2016 or a new Toyota Vitz 2020 (2019 if 2020 is not available)?

For urban driving during weekdays and highway once a week.

I am concerned regarding fuel consumption, availability of spare parts, maintenance  cost, space inside the car, ability of the car to reverse along a slope of about 30 degrees, ability to resell etc.

Please mention the pros and cons.

Any suggestions and other car options are welcome.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Ranavir

7 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Ranavir said:

I am hoping to buy a new car with a budget of around 50 lacks.

Would it be better off to buy a used Audi A1 2016 or a new Toyota Vitz 2020 (2019 if 2020 is not available)?

For urban driving weekly and and highway once a week.

I am concerned regarding fuel consumption, availability of spare parts, maintenance  cost, space inside the car, ability of the car to reverse along a slope, ability to resell etc.

Thank you in advance!

Buy the Vitz, Audi will not meet any of your requirements besides reversing

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ranavir said:

I am hoping to buy a new car with a budget of around 50 lacks.

I am concerned regarding fuel consumption, availability of spare parts, maintenance  cost, space inside the car, ability of the car to reverse along a slope, ability to resell etc.

Thank you in advance!

TBH I would not spend 50 Lacks on a Vitz NOR an Audi - the A1 is at the bottom of Audi's ladder and does not have the Audi look and feel specially in the interior. The Vitz well- it will be fairly ok on fuel and spare parts, resale etc whether it can go up a slope in reverse depends on the slope and the load  - but isn't the Vitz name no longer used from this year - and it will be called Yaris (as it is in the rest of the world even though the engine will be the same old 1KRFE) ? 

• Thanks 1

Not to sound rude..but if you have to ask the question..then no..stay away from the Audi. 5mil is quite a good chunk of money. Are these the only two options you have ? Would there be any decent Korean offerings ?

Yes..the Vitz name was dropped and now it is called Yaris. Test drove the 1L and the 1.5L (MT). They are both pretty nimble and actually fun. Yes the 1L uses the 1KRFE engne but Toyota swears by the fact that the engine has got some major overhauling and it is not like the previous one (I was quite disrespectful of the the previous 1L :D ). Only time will tell if these upgrades actually make it better. To be fair...it did feel and sound less cheap and tin can like as 3 cylinders usually sound. The thing did not feel like it had any more or less power but the way it was delivered was much better and coupled with the livelier chassis you could forgive it for not being a fire breathing engine.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ranavir said:

I am hoping to buy a new car with a budget of around/ less than 50 lacks.

I am concerned regarding fuel consumption, availability of spare parts, maintenance  cost, space inside the car, ability of the car to reverse along a slope of about 30 degrees, ability to resell etc.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance!

Well out of the two models you have mentioned the Audi A1 would not meet any of the requirements above except for the ability to reverse like @kush mentioned above.

However, if you are looking at a maximum 5 million budget I don't think you'd be able to get hold of a 2020 Yaris (the Vitz is no more as mentioned in the above comments from 2020 on) as the prices of Vitz model years 2018-2019 goes close to the 5 million mark. The new Yaris looks good and premium both in the inside and the outside (the rear design might not be everyone's cup of tea though) than the outgoing model and like @iRage mentioned it could be more livelier to drive due to Toyota's new global architecture chassis design.

All things said 4 to 5 million is a pretty good budget to buy a car and if it was my money I wouldn't settle with a hatchback for this price point. There are many decent hatchbacks, sedans and even some SUVs, CUVs that would be falling within this price bracket which would offer many options, comfort and other advantages than the models being compared at the moment.

However, its your money and its your call so you can choose the best option that would suit your needs :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So curiosity got the better of me and checked the quick site for prices of the new Yaris...the G grade seems to ask a 5.9 - 6.1 mil price and the X anywhere between 5.3 - 5.5. You could always go check and see what the bottom line price is. The car sales people might be desperate enough to give some significant price cuts (I don't reckon people are buying cars liek they used to with all the curfews and pandemic business)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

All things said 4 to 5 million is a pretty good budget to buy a car and if it was my money I wouldn't settle with a hatchback for this price point. There are many decent hatchbacks, sedans and even some SUVs, CUVs

Yeah there's a cartload of SUV/CUV's for that budget. A left-field suggestion I can make if the OP can stretch his budget a little bit is the Ford Eco Sport CUV. Local agents are offering it for around 5.3 (That was in March not sure of the price now ) with a 5 year /100,000 KM Warranty. Of course the Eco Sport is basically still a high riding hatchback as opposed to a real SUV  but still if OP is after a brand-new/ new as possible car thats worth considering. 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the discussion and all the ideas! ?

I'll think of the options 

Please feel free to give your ideas on good new cars / used less troublesome cars for a budget of around 50 lacks (or less).

Thanks again!