• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

[Newbie] Honda Fit GP5 as My First Car

rb22

Question

Hi Folks,

I'm hoping to go for a Honda fit Gp5 (below 70k mileage) as my first car. I have a few questions in mind,

- Is it a good idea to go for a fit at the mileage as the first car ?

- What should i look out for in terms of possible big issues(mechincal, electronic etc)?

- Any general advice around the honda fit hybrid engines ? like do they give issues at that mileage or when they pass 100k etc. 

and suggestions and any other general advice :) 

Thanks in advance :) 

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, rb22 said:

Hi Folks,

I'm hoping to go for a Honda fit Gp5 (below 70k mileage) as my first car. I have a few questions in mind,

- Is it a good idea to go for a fit at the mileage as the first car ?

- What should i look out for in terms of possible big issues(mechincal, electronic etc)?

- Any general advice around the honda fit hybrid engines ? like do they give issues at that mileage or when they pass 100k etc. 

and suggestions and any other general advice :)

Thanks in advance :)

Hello and welcome to the forum,

The GP5 is an really nice and fun car to drive. It combines practicality with great handling and lots of pick up. Fuel economy is pretty good too. Sadly sometimes when things are too good to be true - they are. The Same DCT gearbox that is key component of the GP5's fun-to-drive characteristics also proved to be it's achilles heel. In local conditions the DCT box has proven to be troublesome. 

If you are absolutely new to cars then it might not be the best starting point since the potential DCT issues might come up and you will have to spend some time sorting things out...on a plus side might be a good experience too 

What should you look for is obviously DCT issues however AFAIK there are no clear symptoms - just something you need to be prepared for when the errors start coming up. As for the hybrid battery you can do  a scan. 

I suggest you bargain and get the price lowered as much as possible and make an allowance for an eventual repair. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, matroska said:

Hello and welcome to the forum,

The GP5 is an really nice and fun car to drive. It combines practicality with great handling and lots of pick up. Fuel economy is pretty good too. Sadly sometimes when things are too good to be true - they are. The Same DCT gearbox that is key component of the GP5's fun-to-drive characteristics also proved to be it's achilles heel. In local conditions the DCT box has proven to be troublesome. 

If you are absolutely new to cars then it might not be the best starting point since the potential DCT issues might come up and you will have to spend some time sorting things out...on a plus side might be a good experience too 

What should you look for is obviously DCT issues however AFAIK there are no clear symptoms - just something you need to be prepared for when the errors start coming up. As for the hybrid battery you can do  a scan. 

I suggest you bargain and get the price lowered as much as possible and make an allowance for an eventual repair. 

Thanks so much for the insights :) . Yes i'm relatively new to cars.
What sort of battery health percentage is desired at around 70k mileage ? i read a bit online and found that around 50% of usable cap is acceptable and with regards to the DCT issue, is it a costly repair ?