• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Perodua Kenari

Hi friends,

I am looking for a small car and found couple of Perodua Kenari which match with my budget. (Around 1.6m)

How is Perodua Kenari car?

Please help experts.

Is it a good car?

How is the Spares and services in Sri Lanka?

What is the current market price for year 2007 makes?

Expecting your advice before proceed.

Many thanks

Thilina Bandara Herath

Edited by Thilina Bandara Herath

40 minutes ago, Thilina Bandara Herath said:

Hi friends,

I am looking for a small car and found couple of Perodua Kelisa which match with my budget. (Around 1.3m)

How is Perodua Kelisa car?

Please help experts.

Is it a good car?

What is the current market price for year 2003 makes?

Expecting your advices before proceed.

Many thanks

Thilina Bandara Herath

Hello and welcome to the forum. 

The Kelisa is quite a decent hatchback. Used to be my wifes daily driver - trouble free little car based on the Daihatsu Mira.

Overall no  complains at all. It's a small hatch so you have to expect it to behave like one - not super luxurious or very refined but quite decent. The car is quite nimble and handles well. The EJDE 3 Cylinder 1000 cc engine is very noisy and tends to vibrate a lot. It has around 55 BHP which is quite enough as the car is small and light. Manages hills and all without breaking sweat. The interior is quite spartan and functional, the interior build quality feels a tad bit cheap (understandable considering it's a budget hatch). Interior bits are prone to wear out a bit sooner than Japanese cars. 

The car is extremely simple mechanically - any decent mechanic can fix it and so simple that some minor jobs can be done DIY as well. Spares are freely available - either at the agents or at a few panchikawatta shops. Some parts are interchangeable with other Daihatsu/Toyota cars as well (For instance,break pads are the same as on the Daihatsu Hijet) 

The biggest issue usually is the engine mounts tend to wear out quickly - maybe due to the excessive vibration. Original Mounts are comparatively expensive so most people tend to use cheap third party mounts which just last a few months and the car starts vibrating like crazy again. That's something to look out for when inspecting. A little bit of vibration is normal but if it acts like if the car has had an epileptic fit the mounts are bust. Even this is a straightforward fix. Since the car is about 15+ years old you need to look out for other more generic issues such as corrosion, poorly done accident repairs etc. Overall the car is extremely simple and easy to maintain.  What we had was one with Automatic transmission and it consistently did 10KMPL - nothing more nothing less. 

I'm not sure about the market price right now  2003 would probably be around 1.3/1.4 Mil? Do a price check and of course you can always bargain. 

Edited by matroska
forgot to add a comment about price
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, matroska said:

Hello and welcome to the forum. 

The Kelisa is quite a decent hatchback. Used to be my wifes daily driver - trouble free little car based on the Daihatsu Mira.

Overall no  complains at all. It's a small hatch so you have to expect it to behave like one - not super luxurious or very refined but quite decent. The car is quite nimble and handles well. The EJDE 3 Cylinder 1000 cc engine is very noisy and tends to vibrate a lot. It has around 55 BHP which is quite enough as the car is small and light. Manages hills and all without breaking sweat. The interior is quite spartan and functional, the interior build quality feels a tad bit cheap (understandable considering it's a budget hatch). Interior bits are prone to wear out a bit sooner than Japanese cars. 

The car is extremely simple mechanically - any decent mechanic can fix it and so simple that some minor jobs can be done DIY as well. Spares are freely available - either at the agents or at a few panchikawatta shops. Some parts are interchangeable with other Daihatsu/Toyota cars as well (For instance,break pads are the same as on the Daihatsu Hijet) 

The biggest issue usually is the engine mounts tend to wear out quickly - maybe due to the excessive vibration. Original Mounts are comparatively expensive so most people tend to use cheap third party mounts which just last a few months and the car starts vibrating like crazy again. That's something to look out for when inspecting. A little bit of vibration is normal but if it acts like if the car has had an epileptic fit the mounts are bust. Even this is a straightforward fix. Since the car is about 15+ years old you need to look out for other more generic issues such as corrosion, poorly done accident repairs etc. Overall the car is extremely simple and easy to maintain.  What we had was one with Automatic transmission and it consistently did 10KMPL - nothing more nothing less. 

I'm not sure about the market price right now  2003 would probably be around 1.3/1.4 Mil? Do a price check and of course you can always bargain. 

Thank You Very Much for detailed advice and very early reply.. :) 

33 minutes ago, Thilina Bandara Herath said:

Hi friends,

I am looking for a small car and found couple of Perodua Kenari which match with my budget. (Around 1.6m)

How is Perodua Kenari car?

Please help experts.

Is it a good car?

What is the current market price for year 2007 makes?

Expecting your advice before proceed.

Many thanks

Thilina Bandara Herath

Seems you have opened multiple threads.

@Admin, @Davy @iRage or any moderator : may merge these threads.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Thilina Bandara Herath said:

can't Understand

Ok I think Kusumsiri has linked the same thread - Thilina, you created another thread for Perodua Kelisa - having a lot of threads for each and every model is just going to clutter up the forums so he's asking the moderators to merge this thread with your previous Kelisa thread. In future try to avoid creating multiple threads. thanks. ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thilina Bandara Herath said:

can't Understand

You have asked same thing in two different threads. Here are the links

1. (This thread) http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/22731-perodua-kenari/
  2. (Other thread) http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/22726-perodua-kenari/

Kenari and Kelisa are both mechanically the same car. One is based on Daihatsu Mira (Kelisa) and the other one is based on Daihatsu Move (Kenari). 

Kenari has somewhat bigger boot space to carry goods compared to Kelisa. Due to its ugly appearance, the market price might be a tad bit lower. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway. 

Spares for both are not a problem. You will find Mira/Move body parts in Japan Lanka. In most cases, Daihatsu body parts are bolt-on for Peroduas (I've replaced some Kelisa body panels with Mira body panels in the past). 

Engine parts are different. Peroduas come with 1000cc engines and Mira/Move had 660cc engines. However, there are few shops in Panchikawatte that stock Perodua parts. You can also get Perodua parts from lelong.com.my. Some sellers will ship to Sri Lanka. If not, you can get them transshiped via Aramex Shop and Ship. 

• Like 1

Just now, Crosswind said:

Kenari and Kelisa are both mechanically the same car. One is based on Daihatsu Mira (Kelisa) and the other one is based on Daihatsu Move (Kenari). 

Kenari has somewhat bigger boot space to carry goods compared to Kelisa. Due to its ugly appearance, the market price might be a tad bit lower. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway. 

Spares for both are not a problem. You will find Mira/Move body parts in Japan Lanka. In most cases, Daihatsu body parts are bolt-on for Peroduas (I've replaced some Kelisa body panels with Mira body panels in the past). 

Engine parts are different. Peroduas come with 1000cc engines and Mira/Move had 660cc engines. However, there are few shops in Panchikawatte that stock Perodua parts. You can also get Perodua parts from lelong.com.my. Some sellers will ship to Sri Lanka. If not, you can get them transshiped via Aramex Shop and Ship. 

Thank you very much

15 hours ago, matroska said:

Ok I think Kusumsiri has linked the same thread - Thilina, you created another thread for Perodua Kelisa - having a lot of threads for each and every model is just going to clutter up the forums so he's asking the moderators to merge this thread with your previous Kelisa thread. In future try to avoid creating multiple threads. thanks. ? 

sorry. At first I tried to delete my first topic but the site does not allow me to do so.