• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

samissy

Im using Eclipse cross for 2 years now, so far 25000 KM done, in last service from Unit#d Mot#rs adviced to change the brake Pads on next service,  and cost will be around 58000 including labour charges 

My questions are

1. Normally at how many KM we need to Change brake pads?

2. I think 58000 is bit too much, is it correct? and can i do it somewhere else for lower cost? I imported personally from Australia so no local company warranty

Edited by samissy

How long your brake pads last will depend on how you drive and the type of brake pads that are there. On average standard brake pads under standard, normal person driving I would say will last about 20,000 - 25,000km (again this is subjective...).

Yes 58,000 wold be too high...depends on what you are getting as well. Manufacturer ones are not the best. There are many really good aftermarket options (Dixel, etc..). Look in to those as well. If you are going to spend 58,000 then see if there are better options out there (and there will be). Even the Mitsubishi part I am sure you can find genuine ones outside of the agent. Maybe our Lancer boys can recommend a few reputable parts suppliers ?

DO not go for the cheapest or cheap ones...they are utterly useless and you are just putting your self and others at risk. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, samissy said:

Thanks alot iRage, Plesae Can anyone suggest good break pad brands, and places to buy around Colombo 

@samissy just search - we recently discussed brake pad options on another thread but some of the feedback maybe useful

Not sure if the following brands have options for your Eclipse but they are quite likely to be an improvement over stock

StopTech (USA) 

EBC

Hawk

ProjectMu

Endless

Dixcel

Brembo

Ferodo

Pagid

Since you mentioned Australia, DBA & Stillen

On 7/3/2020 at 11:31 AM, iRage said:

How long your brake pads last will depend on how you drive and the type of brake pads that are there. On average standard brake pads under standard, normal person driving I would say will last about 20,000 - 25,000km (again this is subjective...).

Yes 58,000 wold be too high...depends on what you are getting as well. Manufacturer ones are not the best. There are many really good aftermarket options (Dixel, etc..). Look in to those as well. If you are going to spend 58,000 then see if there are better options out there (and there will be). Even the Mitsubishi part I am sure you can find genuine ones outside of the agent. Maybe our Lancer boys can recommend a few reputable parts suppliers ?

DO not go for the cheapest or cheap ones...they are utterly useless and you are just putting your self and others at risk. 

It's weird you say this, and I've wondered about it a helluva lot myself, but I'm currently running at 70k kms on my original breakpads (as in, came with the brand new car), and the service guys keep saying they are still ok.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Pericles said:

It's weird you say this, and I've wondered about it a helluva lot myself, but I'm currently running at 70k kms on my original breakpads (as in, came with the brand new car), and the service guys keep saying they are still ok.

? what pads do they use ? 

16 hours ago, Pericles said:

I take it you're driving a manual and let the gearbox do all the braking

18 hours ago, Pericles said:

@Pericles what's the car??

The fact that there is "meat" left on the pad isn't always a  good thing. Some brands like TRW have compounds that refuse to wear but don't really give you the right brake feel either.

Then there is the issue of rotor wear - have you had the disks skimmed or resurfaced? 

19 hours ago, Pericles said:

Is it your mazda2? Because I ran close to 60k kms on my mazda3 which I got brand new from colonial and the  service guys insisted they were fine. Insold it around that mileage and brake performance and noise seemed fine. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 9:40 AM, Hyaenidae said:

I take it you're driving a manual and let the gearbox do all the braking

Nope. Autobox. Econobox so I don't go thrashing in it, but still..

On 7/5/2020 at 11:42 AM, Devinda_Z said:

@Pericles what's the car??

The fact that there is "meat" left on the pad isn't always a  good thing. Some brands like TRW have compounds that refuse to wear but don't really give you the right brake feel either.

Then there is the issue of rotor wear - have you had the disks skimmed or resurfaced? 

On 7/5/2020 at 12:50 PM, RWD said:

Is it your mazda2? Because I ran close to 60k kms on my mazda3 which I got brand new from colonial and the  service guys insisted they were fine. Insold it around that mileage and brake performance and noise seemed fine. 

Proton Personna.
@Devinda_Z, nope, nothing done to the disks, All 4 disks BTW.

Mods....Thankful if you could merge this thread with  just to bring the knowledge base to a one thread :)

By the way, followings are the substitutes found in the web.

FIT FP2178
BREMBO P54061
BREMBO P54061N
DELPHI LOCKHEED LP3571 front 
DELPHI LP3433 Rear
ICER 182340 

NiBK PN5561    Front  NiBK PN25003 Rear

I am not sure these are available in Sri Lanka though.

Just another note: I think the S-AWD system of the Mitsu is causing quick wear of the pads. Being a very careful driver, I noticed in mine also (EC) quite a wear of break pads already for 15,000 km......

Edited by vitz

On 7/3/2020 at 1:49 AM, samissy said:

...... I imported personally from Australia so no local company warranty

@samissy What's the process to import personally from Australia (how did u figuare out all the in's and out's?) Is there some sort of website I can browse? 

Edited by Kavvz

15 hours ago, Pericles said:

Wha? The Proton? No, thats an I4.

Are you wrongly remembering that Eunos I looked at that everyone decided to tell me I wouldn't fit inside?

?? No no i'm quite certain of the existence of a silver V6 Perdana here!