• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla 141 2008 Temperature Meter value

Sirimanna

5 minutes ago, Sirimanna said:

Hii, i thought middle is in between for 5 bars.. that's why i am confused :) 

I don't think you have any problem here as the needle is little less than 2.5 mark. Let's see whether any other member has a different view.

Buddy there is nothing to worry. Unless you're seeing the needle hit a lot closer to the top (H) you're fine. I mean the newer models don't even come with a temperature guage and just indicator lights to show if its cool or hot.  Sometimes you can see fluctuations in the needle in a cold start depending on the environment the car is parked in. A colder day will have the needle closer to cold and if you're parked next to the AC fan outlets at your office, you might see opposite. 

Here's a snap of my NZE161 axio DB, Notice how theres no temp guage. Just 2 bulbs on the dashboard that either light in green or red?

20200117_212859.jpgAnd a cold start on my hatch parked next to hot air vent

DCIM-1013483.gif

Edited by HaeylM
-----

20 hours ago, HaeylM said:

Buddy there is nothing to worry. Unless you're seeing the needle hit a lot closer to the top (H) you're fine. I mean the newer models don't even come with a temperature guage and just indicator lights to show if its cool or hot.  Sometimes you can see fluctuations in the needle in a cold start depending on the environment the car is parked in. A colder day will have the needle closer to cold and if you're parked next to the AC fan outlets at your office, you might see opposite. 

Here's a snap of my NZE161 axio DB, Notice how theres no temp guage. Just 2 bulbs on the dashboard that either light in green or red?

20200117_212859.jpgAnd a cold start on my hatch parked next to hot air vent

DCIM-1013483.gif

Thank you friend appreciated your reply :) 

Step 1 : Find the workshop manual of your car, being an export model should be easy to find it

Step 2 : Find the "engine cooling" or related topic,  relevant specifications will be listed there  (this is an excerpt from my workshop manual of a Lancer so these values won't apply to your car)

98VPir7.png

Step 3 : Plug in a OBD2 scanner and connect it to your smartphone

Step 4 : Go to real-time data. You can monitor your coolant temperature there

Step 5 : See if your radiator fan engages when the coolant temperature reaches "Full-opening temperature of thermostat" value and make sure the coolant temperature doesn't exceed the mentioned value 

UlMg3Er.png

That's it. Your cooling system is working fine and your temp meter is right where it should be

Edited by Hyaenidae