• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What is the best primer ?

chathun

I don't know what the best is...but I have had Sikkens primer used on my old car....I don't know if it is good or bad....I just know it did not give trouble.

You should know that it is not good to leave your car sitting around in bare metal for long. The moisture gets in and pretty much starts oxidizing the surfaces (remember it is bare metal and now you don't have anything protecting it). Before you put primer on the body make sure it is properly prepped. If not you are just trapping everything underneath the layer of primer.

In Sri Lanka there is a tendency by many tinkerers to fill the body up with putty (mainly because they are lazy and/or do not have the metal working skill to shape out the metal). More than bad primer what is common is the vehicle being slathered with bad putty giving trouble over time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...