Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kasun2020

What is the most effective Fuel System Cleaning fluid in SL market ?

Recommended Posts

HI;

What is the most effective Fuel System Cleaner fluid available in the Sri lankan market ? Isn't "Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner" available in SL now ??🤔

RG

 

Edited by Kasun2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kasun2020 said:

HI;

What is the most effective injector cleaning  fluid available in the Sri lankan market ? Isn't "Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner" available in SL now ??🤔

RG

 

Most people I've seen use Wurth Injector Cleanor. It's good enough. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AVANTE said:

Most people I've seen use Wurth Injector Cleanor. It's good enough. 

That's what they used for my recent tune-up as well

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies. I asked about "Fuel System Cleaner" which can be put directly into fuel tank. not the injector cleaning spray ...sorry for my misleading massage (I corrected it).

Edited by Kasun2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kasun2020 said:

Thanks for the replies. I asked about "Fuel System Cleaner" which can be put directly into fuel tank. not the injector cleaning spray ...sorry for my misleading massage (I corrected it).

I wouldn't trust those to be honest. 

There are so many brands of them but it's better you get a professional tune up done. I used one such product (forgot the dumb brand) and once in a while suffered tiny misfires when downshifting (rare but happens) even though I used the right amount. 

Heard someone who's diesel engine started having problems after using such a product too. 

Get a tune up done and focus on your driving manners and concentration. Avoid driving during busy times unless necessary. That will help you get the best fuel economy and keep your car in good shape too :)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

remember hearing from a friend that LiquiMoly ( additive to the fuel tank) is an effective solution.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reputable additives are okay if you want to chase away some water build up and break away some minor impurities in the filters and the injectors. It cannot replace a proper, hands-on cleanup of the fuel system. So it is okay for a occasional flush out. Anything excessive would require frequent/significant use of the additive and that might cause long term damage (filters getting worn out, etc...). 

Again...reputable brand is key here....I would stay away from the STP cleaner as I have come across many people in many countries who had trouble with it (it used to be good but the new ones seem to be a bit harsh). So within a SL context I suppose that leaves Wurth and Liquimoly ?

It is important that you put an additive only before an oil change (especially if it is the first time you are using it) and most of these additives o recommend that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, iRage said:

Reputable additives are okay if you want to chase away some water build up and break away some minor impurities in the filters and the injectors. It cannot replace a proper, hands-on cleanup of the fuel system. So it is okay for a occasional flush out. Anything excessive would require frequent/significant use of the additive and that might cause long term damage (filters getting worn out, etc...). 

Again...reputable brand is key here....I would stay away from the STP cleaner as I have come across many people in many countries who had trouble with it (it used to be good but the new ones seem to be a bit harsh). So within a SL context I suppose that leaves Wurth and Liquimoly ?

It is important that you put an additive only before an oil change (especially if it is the first time you are using it) and most of these additives o recommend that.

Thanks for the valuable information you provided.

By the way, (I have heard it before) why it should  put an additive only before an oil change??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kasun2020 said:

Thanks for the valuable information you provided.

By the way, (I have heard it before) why it should  put an additive only before an oil change??

The additive will loosen up impurities that are stuck in the injectors, fuel filter, lines, etc...these (which are the size micro-particles after having broken up) will get injected in to the engine and eventually get cleaned/flushed-up by the oil. SO in essence the oil is dirty. Dirty oil is not good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, iRage said:

The additive will loosen up impurities that are stuck in the injectors, fuel filter, lines, etc...these (which are the size micro-particles after having broken up) will get injected in to the engine and eventually get cleaned/flushed-up by the oil. SO in essence the oil is dirty. Dirty oil is not good.

Thanks for the swift explanation !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Members.

All fuel cleaners are based on "ACETONE". Therefore I use "ACETONE" fill up 5% when I fill the tank full. When tank is used 20% I top up the fuel tank.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used Wurth one at once for my Vitz but nothing happened.

My personal impression is,  It's just a mind game. When you think it's working you will feel a difference, otherwise not. No measurable results. 

And....  I have this question.

Petrol itself a good solvent and its going through the injectors having pressurized (and atomized at the end). Do adding 0.5% solvent to petrol will remove something which cannot be removed by pressurized (and atomized) petrol? 

@iRage, any comments? 

Edited by gayanath
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...