• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need help to buy a used Rexton

darshana3g

Question

What you guys think is it worth to buy an used Rexton 2008? I know there may be talked this topic before but this is 2020 it will be useful to anyone, also we can buy 32-36 laks, what's cost for the regular maintenance and etc..

Edited by darshana3g

2 answers to this question

One of my family member is using a Rextan 2012  it is a comfortable vehicle. At present meter reads about 90000. There are no issues so far. EGR was giving some trouble. When I spoke to him last he told me the vehicle was emitting Black smoke he took the vehicle  to Micro the cost was like Rupees 30 thousand for the repairs.  Services cost him twice a year each about under Rs 35000/= They change all unnecessary things. Two years back he did a full paint with few tinkering and overhaul  of brakes  Micro charged him close to 500,000/=. Time taken was about 45 days for all. Paint job and tinkering was very good they had taken the engine off and done the engine bay, under the chassis with a undercoat also. Had few errors on the removing and re fixing the engine after the said repair. Time taken for those adjustments was three days at a time, two occasions did not complain any thing after that. Vehicle is daily runner short distance mostly in Colombo. Only if any of his family member comes for a holiday from abroad use to go out of Colombo for few days. They normally do about 2000 Kilo meters around the country.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

• Like 1