• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator overflow tank getting empty.

Suzukui Liana 2006 1.6L au

Question

Hi guys,

I have 2006 Liana 1.6 L auto. Recently I made a total engine repair and replace the gearbox. The previous user had used only water as the coolant. However, after the repair, I serviced the radiator system and then put Havoline premixed coolant after a few days. But recently I discovered my overflow tank getting empty. The reason I thought was radiator cap as I roughly removed the corrosion under the radiator cap. So I replaced the radiator cap.  However, without a rapid pace and quick intervals, I still feel like I'm losing coolant If I run the car more than 70Km. Short distant hasn't reduced my coolant level but long-distance dose. And there is no sign of leakage on radiator cap or horse. And also vehicle doesn't get heated up. indicator is in the middle between C & H.  What shall I do? Is it a gasket fail? 

Edited by Suzukui Liana 2006 1.6L au
More information

7 answers to this question

Did you replace the radiator cap with a quality product matching your pressure spec?

Does it produce white smoke? Steam? Funny smelling exhaust?

Is oil fouled with coolant?

Do you see air bubbling in the radiator? Tricky to check because it may appear only when the engine is in operating temperature when poor quality head gasket is used or improperly fitted.

Any loss of power? Hesitancy? Do a compression test and leak down test of you are suspecting head gasket failure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, varotone said:

Did you replace the radiator cap with a quality product matching your pressure spec?

Does it produce white smoke? Steam? Funny smelling exhaust?

Is oil fouled with coolant?

Do you see air bubbling in the radiator? Tricky to check because it may appear only when the engine is in operating temperature when poor quality head gasket is used or improperly fitted.

Any loss of power? Hesitancy? Do a compression test and leak down test of you are suspecting head gasket failure.

I actually didnt chq the specs though. Really wish I DID ! This is my first car. But I went with a person who does have experience. It was my mistake. Cost me around 980rs. 

White smoke no. But early morning smelling half burn gas. But after then, no smelling . 

No oil on the coolant though. But has few water drops under the radiator cap (on the rubber like steam drops)

After seeing some posts, I opened the cap and started the engine. Coolant is raising slowly with small white bubbles (Like පෙන)

But power hasn’t drop though. It gives the power when needed. (In my point of view as this is my first car)

Using a lower pressure rated cap will cause the coolant to boil and evaporate. Quite possible that the wrong spec cap is the cause. Just keep an eye on the coolant level for some time just to be sure that there are no leaks under pressure. when you the system is pressurized properly, some leaks that did not show up at low pressure may show up. (None will be there if you did a proper job in the first place. But it seems like you didn't?)

Top off the lost volume with the same coolant.

Happy motoring!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, varotone said:

Using a lower pressure rated cap will cause the coolant to boil and evaporate. Quite possible that the wrong spec cap is the cause. Just keep an eye on the coolant level for some time just to be sure that there are no leaks under pressure. when you the system is pressurized properly, some leaks that did not show up at low pressure may show up. (None will be there if you did a proper job in the first place. But it seems like you didn't?)

Top off the lost volume with the same coolant.

Happy motoring!

Will do brother ! Highly appreciating your kind time and efforts taken to help me. Thank YOU!