• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Use long milage engine oil

thusharak340

On 6/29/2020 at 4:34 PM, gayanath said:

I haven't your service schedule but Toyota normally recommending 100,000 - 120,000 km ( or 5 - 6 years) intervals for fuel filter replacement. So no point of doing it that much early. 

@gayanath Are you sure that Toyota recommends to change the fuel filter at 100, 000 km?

Usually its a lot less. In my Honda the owners manual suggest to replace the fuel filter every 40,000 kms. Usually it is recommended to change between 30 000 - 40 000 miles or every 2 years unless specified in the manual.

Considering the quality of the fuel in here I think the OP should contact Toyota and ask about the interval by specifying the car model.

10 hours ago, Amila_Silva said:

@gayanath Are you sure that Toyota recommends to change the fuel filter at 100, 000 km?

Usually its a lot less. In my Honda the owners manual suggest to replace the fuel filter every 40,000 kms. Usually it is recommended to change between 30 000 - 40 000 miles or every 2 years unless specified in the manual.

Considering the quality of the fuel in here I think the OP should contact Toyota and ask about the interval by specifying the car model.

Below two examples are Asia Pacific schedules (not JDM)

Toyota Yaris (Non-hybrid) - 80,000 km / 4 years

image.thumb.png.3b2013489e0f746f33fdbad68fb1a64e.png

Prius C (Hybrid) - 120,000 km / 6 years

image.thumb.png.4d3fe463b4e065a07aa895e6be9b3164.png

Note: No additional maintenance recommended for Severe conditions (with related to Fuel filter) in both cases 

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I visited Laugfs for car service last week, they informed me now they are having 5W 30 full synthetic engine oil where can be run 10K kms, the 4L price also below Rs 5K, considering cost factor + long mileage I shifted to Laugfs oil from Toyota simi Synthetic oil,

can you give me your opinion with this fully synthetic oil and advise did I do wrong thing?

my car details as follows,

Brand : Toyota

Model : Passo

Mileage : 46K Kms

Rgds

• MADZ changed the title to Use long milage engine oil
2 hours ago, thusharak340 said:

Hi,

I visited Laugfs for car service last week, they informed me now they are having 5W 30 full synthetic engine oil where can be run 10K kms, the 4L price also below Rs 5K, considering cost factor + long mileage I shifted to Laugfs oil from Toyota simi Synthetic oil,

can you give me your opinion with this fully synthetic oil and advise did I do wrong thing?

Rgds

Haven't used the Laugfs brand myself, but generally full synthetic oil is vastly superior to regular mineral oil so: I believe you did the right thing.

Edited by Kavvz

2 hours ago, thusharak340 said:

YOM?

Which is the recommended grade? 5W30 or 0W20?

Anyway, no problem if its cost effective. 

40 minutes ago, thusharak340 said:

noted that synthetic oil is better than semi synthetic

Well..don't jump to conclusions like that...an oil does not become "better" just because it is synthetic. 

The advantage of synthetics is that its composition holds up much better and longer, especially under heavy use. This with other additives enables it to be much more efficient with heat dissepation and keeping the engine lubricated in a consistant manner. 

A good mineral oil can also do that with the right additives. I seriously doubt you would have instantly noticed any advantage of using synhetic over such a short period of time as opposed to using a good mineral oil, especially if the car has not had any hard use.