• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Permit

kasun9876

Question

11 answers to this question

4 hours ago, kasun9876 said:

How can I sell my car permit these days ? and how can I buy sri lankan assembled car using it ?

What do you mean Sri Lankan Assembled car? Micro? Mahendra? 

As for your permit usually there are the bunch of importers who'd happily take it off your hands for you. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, matroska said:

What do you mean Sri Lankan Assembled car? Micro? Mahendra? 

As for your permit usually there are the bunch of importers who'd happily take it off your hands for you. 

yep . its mentioned on my permit ( can purchase sri lankan assembeld vehicles ) , How can I find an importer to sell this permit these days . because of limitation they dont like to buy it . am I correct ?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, kasun9876 said:

yep . its mentioned on my permit ( can purchase sri lankan assembeld vehicles ) , How can I find an importer to sell this permit these days . because of limitation they dont like to buy it . am I correct ?

With the current import restrictions in place the permit is just a piece of paper unless if you can speak to Micro or Mahindra and ask how you can work with them to get yourself a vehicle (not sure if they also can locally produce as importation of parts is restricted). Honestly speaking I dont know for how long the restrictions will be in effect.

Solution for you is to forget the permit and buy something from the market without using the permit.

• Like 1

Alternatively, you also have the option of approaching padi baage jayas**dara with a bunch of other docs/similar people and asking him to issue an import license for the parts that are needed for your mahindra or micro.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, vag2 said:

Really, is it that bad? No new car imports for the foreseeable future? Permits will be useless. Oh Corona....

Restrictions are on till July end (when the three months lapse), but the feeling is that it will continue or the CBSL will ask importers to open L/C's on differed payment (3-6months) terms. 

All authorised importers have a lot of spares in port that cannot be cleared due to the restrictions. Funny thing is on some money has already gone and they will have to foot the demurrage as well. Same with tyres.

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2020 at 9:45 AM, kasun9876 said:

How can I sell my car permit these days ? and how can I buy sri lankan assembled car using it ?

You can sell your permit for an unbelievably lower price .... if you wish.. as no one can open LC

You can't exchange your permit for a locality assembled or an already imported car .... it's a myth 

You can always contact the local car assemblers... Google their website to find the number... 

And believe only the circulars issued by the ministry of finance; trade finance department and by the sri Lanka customs 

You must be a higher ranking government officer, if you a permit holder.... I think you must be aware of those.. at least to refer a circular 

Edited by priyanka
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1