• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I'm going t o buy daewoo laganza 2.0L car

dimalm

Question

2 answers to this question

Hello and welcome to the forum. 

Well to be perfectly honest and even though I'm a big fan of left-field choices - I would not recommend a Daewoo for the faint-hearted. 

If you do have a bit of automotive know-how, and contacts/places to source parts then it might be an option - if not it's gonna be a bumpy ride. 

I'm not sure but maybe the engine etc is originally from GM so maybe there are some cross compatible parts - but I think the Leganza specifically was an independent model (not based on another manufacturerers car) 

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1

@dimalm with all due respect, could we know why you're looking at a Daewoo specifically?

The company itself is now bankrupt 

Locally the cars are undesirable and have little to no resale value

They were fairly primitive to begin with an didn't really do anything note worthy so i'm honestly baffled as to why anyone would want one?

Locally i can't say i can think of anyone who carried Daewoo spare parts, so leave aside the cost, the availability alone will be an issue

If you don't mind us asking, what is your budget and what are your requirements? Perhaps we can suggest a slightly more sensible option?

• Like 1