• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking for a LEAF

DrewDH

Had one. Battery drainage is only second to a tiktok/instagram model.

Bought for 2.7 in 207  sold for 2.1 in 3 years in 2019 jan. Which is not bad. Ours had 150kms when bought.had 100 when selling. 

But most of them only hold like 50kms per charge. No joke. Do Not Buy.

Plenty going for 500,000 rupees. Even that has no buyers. You will sell it for metal in 2 more years. Period.

go around vehicle yards of finance companies. You will find plenty at dirt cheap prices. Lessee's have given up the vehicles rather than paying lease rentals as it makes economic sense.

Even at dirt cheap prices they do not move

I see cars advertised for about 1 M with range at 50kmish i guess the ones with lesser range are being sold off for scrap metal. Is the replacement battery sourcing that difficult/impossible? 

Edited by matroska

9 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Don't know for sure... @iRage might be able to shed some light on this 

anyways it's good they have that mandate in place since we don't have the means to recycle the batteries ourselves in SL.

Yes it is....it partly goes in to their production supply as well as a certain % of the batteries being made need the old batteries for material. This is another reason why Nissan usually partners up with various entities in different countries to take those batteries in. I believe/ someone tried to start a similar initiative in Sri Lanka with Nissan; at which point they were referred to A*W. Then things went quiet so no idea what happened to it.

This video explains the Leaf's story in detail and why Nissan is not offering brand new batteries without the depleted old batteries as @Hyaenidae and @iRage explained. I didn't know about this before, thanks @Hyaenidae for bringing up that point! :)

So is it the same when it comes to other EVs like the BMW i3s, MG ZS EV etc.?? ?

Edited by Dee Jay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dee Jay said:

This video explains the Leaf's story in detail and why Nissan is not offering brand new batteries without the depleted old batteries as @Hyaenidae and @iRage explained. I didn't know about this before, thanks @Hyaenidae for bringing up that point! :)

So is it the same when it comes to other EVs like the BMW i3s, MG ZS EV etc.?? ?

Well it's not only the recycling issue. This model has a design issue causing the battery to fail prematurely in continuos hot climates. There is even a lawsuit against Nissan filed by Leaf owners in Texas.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

This video explains the Leaf's story in detail

Half-baked bullsh!t from a guy who even claims to be a "doctor"? God help the Sri Lanka hybrid car owners that go to such morons for advice!

3 hours ago, vag2 said:

There is even a lawsuit against Nissan filed by Leaf owners in Texas.

True story, and the customers WON a settlement with Nissan for this design failure in 2011-12 Leaf!

https://www.autoblog.com/2015/07/20/2011-2012-nissan-leaf-class-action-lawsuit-settled/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAA8JdKVPL7-vC6-izPiMlbi3MEsqPpsJgCiVMQnM7wdWCvAGbsdNnAFn_AWENT-5sCikFidOkIJNQbQ3VCCFIlNwcGGJFWpBvClxRr6NATULJ9ZAzE12K8TIaT5kS91l8eQC_uEZdPQguWwHCbbifLlZ0rsAuv4SYMzOW3j5sH3X

Wonder if any law experts can advise on getting compensation in Sri Lanka, despite not being released for our country some parallels can be drawn to the climate in California and Arizona where this legal settlement happened ...

Edited by ajm
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, vag2 said:

Well it's not only the recycling issue. This model has a design issue causing the battery to fail prematurely in continuos hot climates. There is even a lawsuit against Nissan filed by Leaf owners in Texas.

Yes..they did have that..but those were fixed a long time ago. So the primary reason for them to keep on doing it now is mainly for CSR/PR/Recycling. It also gives them the ability to actually monitor the effects of the battery so that they wold not get their rear-ends sued again.

Apart from trying to make battery swaps easy;Nissan is also trying to move away from this whole battery buying and selling business by trying ot adopt the Chinese model where when people run out of battery they can come in and swap batteries out for charged ones. This way the owners do not "own" the battery and Nissan can make sure that it is functioning properly.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1