• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

MG ZS EV

cia

Question

19 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, vag2 said:

hope it doesnt end up like the Leaf.

Does the agent offer it? Then at least some guarantee about suitability for our climate and replacement battery availability is there.

It is offered by the agent themselves. Good looking exterior and interior, build quality seems OK. But it's too soon to decide on anything as there aren't many on the road yet. 

2 hours ago, AVANTE said:

It is offered by the agent themselves. Good looking exterior and interior, build quality seems OK. But it's too soon to decide on anything as there aren't many on the road yet. 

Thanks for the info. Yeah its done by Micro and they are giving 8 yrs warranty for the battery and moter. That is the only hope we have compair to leaf.

Buy if you want to make a statement. Does not make any economic sense.

Cost approximately Rs. 8 Mn. assuming you keep the car till end of the battery warranty of 8 years you will most likely end up with a vehicle with next to nothing residual value.

That is approximately Rs. 1 Mn./ year

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, kush said:

Buy if you want to make a statement. Does not make any economic sense.

Cost approximately Rs. 8 Mn. assuming you keep the car till end of the battery warranty of 8 years you will most likely end up with a vehicle with next to nothing residual value.

That is approximately Rs. 1 Mn./ year

On the top of that.....the Agent....Micro Cars......Oh man, I would not recommend to my worst enemy to purchase a vehicle from these people.....if you want, I can list out all nasty experiences I got during my ownership of Ssangyong Korando!!!!

Never, ever think to buy something imported/assembled byMicro.... 

Edited by vitz
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, vitz said:

On the top of that.....the Agent....Micro Cars......Oh man, I would not recommend to my worst enemy to purchase a vehicle from these people.....if you want, I can list out all nasty experiences I got during my ownership of Ssangyong Korando!!!!

Never, ever think to buy something imported/assembled byMicro.... 

@vitz do they not know what they are doing or is it just that  they are really busy given the sheer volume of cars they've sold over the years on permits etc?

I didn't realize MG was sold (to a chinese buyer) and that they are now building cars to a different segment! Wow! How times have changed. 

I did end up watching the following video and it seems the car (at least the EV version) is being perceived as a good buy...

20 hours ago, Kavvz said:

I didn't realize MG was sold (to a chinese buyer) and that they are now building cars to a different segment! Wow! How times have changed. 

I did end up watching the following video and it seems the car (at least the EV version) is being perceived as a good buy...

@Kavvz what planet have you been on men?! ?‍♂️?

Despite the initial attempt of the Chinese reboot of MG, to sell the MG6 here wasn't a commercial success and cost UniMo the agency the product itself felt far superior to other Chinese options in the market like the Geely's of the same era.

As a PR stunt I think a number of MG6's were assembled in the UK using CKD kits so they could claim they were "British Built" at the time of the relaunch in the UK!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@vitz do they not know what they are doing or is it just that  they are really busy given the sheer volume of cars they've sold over the years on permits etc?

Nop.....I think we have discussed lot in the AL forum about this company....

What I felt was, they are reluctant serve up to the customer satisfaction. The vehicle I received had few assembling issues such as broken windscreen, patched up radiator.... They never accepted their faults and attended to my requests, lead to a huge cost for me to get repairs done.

The Ssangyong Korando came with an inherent issue of Gear Box Failure. They never accepted the production failure and treated the customers accordingly. Finally, all the Korando buyers ended up with nearly 1 million repair after very low mileage.

The clock spring of my vehicle failed. it took nearly 8 months to bring and fix the required part....how can a company put their customers at such risk by not supplying a safety related part without a delya..

The warranty they offer does not cover electronic parts.... I have seen may people spend quite lot of money for Chinese Geelys even during the warranty period.....So...I have my own doubts about electrical vehicles....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Devinda_Z said:

@Kavvz what planet have you been on men?! ?‍♂️?

I know !! ? I thought it was floundering on (and still British held) like TVR...I guess China (and maybe India?) is the new frontier as far as the car market goes. Hopefully they make something of it...It'd be nice to see the MG brand prosper again! 

As for the PR stunt: The Chinese are masters when it comes to PR aren't they! I fear even ole Mr. ('teflon' ) Musk was taken advantage of when he moved production to China: Smart move as China is the world's biggest EV market, but registering the Chinese factory as a seperate Chinese owned entity (the majority stake  of Tesla's China based entity is owned by a number of Chinese banks) was a mistake as that pretty much paves the way for the Chinese arm to end up taking over a majority of Tesla's global production: Essentially paving the ground for  'American' Tesla cars to be built in China under (majority) Chinese ownership. As Tesla (China) grows and increases domestic and European market share, it inflats China's GDP rather than American GDP, but everything is remains under the Tesla brand name> Its genius! :D 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, vitz said:

What I felt was, they are reluctant serve up to the customer satisfaction. The vehicle I received had few assembling issues such as broken windscreen, patched up radiator.... They never accepted their faults and attended to my requests, lead to a huge cost for me to get repairs done.

Oh yes, I remember that: You were sold a brand new car with a patched / rebuilt radiator right? Shocking! Stuff like that should never happen. The radiator should have been replaced with a brand new unit. 

Edited by Kavvz

22 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Haha, you're in for a surprise. Alot of brands are going under the Chinese, even Borgward has been revived under them as a crossover maker for the masses. 

1 hour ago, AVANTE said:

Haha, you're in for a surprise. Alot of brands are going under the Chinese, even Borgward has been revived under them as a crossover maker for the masses. 

Wha?! Never heard of them....learning lots of things today!  I'll have to do a quick google on 'Borgward' and learn me up some German/now Chinese car history! :D 

Edited by Kavvz

3 hours ago, Kavvz said:

I'll have to do a quick google on 'Borgward' and learn me up some German/now Chinese car history! 

Well Borgward died in the 60s and was a zombie until the Chinese bought the brand name and put it on one of their cars. Never seen one yet in European roads. However the cooperation between geely and Volvo seems to be going well. They have even hired some German managers and engineers at double salary.

31 minutes ago, ajm said:

However the cooperation between geely and Volvo seems to be going well. They have even hired some German managers and engineers at double salary.

Indeed! The new Volvo XC90 is stunning inside and out. Never driven one, but they certainly do look amazing...

(Also: Well, the Scandinavian buggers at Volvo have to cooperate, the new bosses are Geely. Its not like its a joint venture, the Chinese own everything, lock stock and barrel! So either you do as you're told; and Xièxiè or get lost... The mental picture of a 6' 6'' viking bugger locking knees and bowing to some ratty 5' nothing, pudgy Asian dude has me in stitches! Oh boy, how the world has changed...However looking at how things are going here, I guess the jokes' on us too. Time for all of us to learn Mandarin... :D )

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

Despite the initial attempt of the Chinese reboot of MG, to sell the MG6 here wasn't a commercial success and cost UniMo the agency the product itself felt far superior to other Chinese options in the market like the Geely's of the same era.

I LOVE that interior! The review says its cheap, but hell I'll take it :D 

I guess it flopped due to the tax structure: I mean with a 1.5L engine it pushes the final price up into a category where it can't compete. (If only they had dropped in a 900cc and turboed the hell out of it; maybe it would have had a chance!)

But as the MG ZS-EV is electric it'd be priced a bit better. So hopefully it shouldn't share the same fate? 

Edit: Just looked at the agent's website and the electric version is selling for 1.5 mil more than the MG-ZS which is at 5 mil. Makes no sense...who would want to buy the electric version in that case? 

Edit2: It has a TORSION BAR rear suspension? What on earth? And on a lux/mid-range CUV?! Even without a test drive I can see that's going to be an issue on our roads... 

So, someone correct me if I'm wrong here but the MG E-ZS  has 1. Price disadvantages, 2. Major design disadvantages...Okay I give up, there's no saving this thing: When I see one on the road I'm going to go rip the MG badge off it. It doesn't deserve it... 

Edited by Kavvz

On 6/10/2020 at 9:36 PM, vitz said:

The Ssangyong Korando came with an inherent issue of Gear Box Failure. They never accepted the production failure and treated the customers accordingly. Finally, all the Korando buyers ended up with nearly 1 million repair after very low mileage.

The clock spring of my vehicle failed. it took nearly 8 months to bring and fix the required part....how can a company put their customers at such risk by not supplying a safety related part without a delya..

The warranty they offer does not cover electronic parts.... I have seen may people spend quite lot of money for Chinese Geelys even during the warranty period.....So...I have my own doubts about electrical vehicles....

@vitz yikes! sounds like an absolute disaster ?‍♂️

I entertained the idea of getting a Korando at some point but clearly based on what you've just shared i'll perish that though ?

In that sense some agents like Subaru Senok still are & pre-Al Futaim A*W were, a real pleasure to deal with. 

21 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@vitz yikes! sounds like an absolute disaster ?‍♂️

I entertained the idea of getting a Korando at some point but clearly based on what you've just shared i'll perish that though ?

In that sense some agents like Subaru Senok still are & pre-Al Futaim A*W were, a real pleasure to deal with. 

Yeah.... Better avoid vehicles with production issues.....