• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Daihatsu Terios - Roof Rack Rail End Cover/Shell Case

CricDasher

Question

One of my close friends owns a Daihatsu Terios 2007 and he has lost one of the covers that encloses front-right end-fitting of the roof railing. He is looking for a replacement and I was wondering whether you guys have any idea of a place where I can find the replacement covers. I am pretty sure that if I am to buy this, he will have to at least buy all four covers together and in the worst case, he might have to replace both railings. 

The following figure will give you an idea of what I am looking for. What he has lost is the right-front cover and the image with the caption "correct one" is just the right-rear cover.

IMG-20200601-WA0007.thumb.jpg.56e0dd4d987fbe4cd6330af95e73f1b5.jpg

I found the following image from one of the popular china-based online stores and this is somewhat similar to what I am looking for (the parts of image given in the following image, apparently fits Toyota RAV 4 and the seller does not ship to Sri Lanka anyway)

4Pcs-For-Toyota-RAV4-2001-2017-Car-Roof-

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

I don't know about the Daihatsu part number...but the Rush has each of those for sale individually (seems like Toyota dealers carry it still). The front right Toyota part number is : 63491-B4010.

The RAV4 part number is 63491-42030. 

It is not the exact pat number and there might be slight differences, but you might be able to work. I would say unless you can test fit and inspect before buying the RAV4 one..just don't

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iRage said:

I don't know about the Daihatsu part number...but the Rush has each of those for sale individually (seems like Toyota dealers carry it still). The front right Toyota part number is : 63491-B4010.

The RAV4 part number is 63491-42030. 

It is not the exact pat number and there might be slight differences, but you might be able to work. I would say unless you can test fit and inspect before buying the RAV4 one..just don't

Thank you very much bro for bringing up the part number. It was definitely helpful for me. I have still not started hunting for the part, but this put me in the right direction. Thanks again. Based on what I found, I think that the part for Rush will match perfectly for Terios as well.

43 minutes ago, Devinda_Z said:

@CricDasher i've bought from these guys before but be mindful of shipping & customs clearance delays thanks to COVID and local import duty 

https://partsouq.com/search/search?q=63491B4010&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_ez2BRCyARIsAJfg-kt_W789Pu0XVWK1T5Pp4qrkQ-dnkSwrjpO8dm-aeOYrChviW05zLTUaAhzxEALw_wcB

Thank you @Devinda_Z. It's great to know that you have bought from them previously. It seems that I can get the part for about $29 via Aramex. 

What shipping service did you use? 

Did you have to pay the import duties/custom clearance charges yourself or did the shipping agent do it all for you?

Thank you :)

1 hour ago, CricDasher said:

Thank you very much bro for bringing up the part number. It was definitely helpful for me. I have still not started hunting for the part, but this put me in the right direction. Thanks again. Based on what I found, I think that the part for Rush will match perfectly for Terios as well.

Thank you @Devinda_Z. It's great to know that you have bought from them previously. It seems that I can get the part for about $29 via Aramex. 

What shipping service did you use? 

Did you have to pay the import duties/custom clearance charges yourself or did the shipping agent do it all for you?

Thank you :)

@CricDasher once i used Trico and shipped it via the US as I had some other cargo. The second time I can't recall but possibly ARAMEX as I sometimes use their Shop&Ship service as well

Aramex can handle the customs clearance for you but be warned duty can sometimes be absurd!

If you ship via EMS or any postal based courier then you need to clear it yourself at the main post office on DR Wijewardene Mawatha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@CricDasher i've bought from these guys before but be mindful of shipping & customs clearance delays thanks to COVID and local import duty 

https://partsouq.com/search/search?q=63491B4010&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_ez2BRCyARIsAJfg-kt_W789Pu0XVWK1T5Pp4qrkQ-dnkSwrjpO8dm-aeOYrChviW05zLTUaAhzxEALw_wcB

Handy link! Been looking for some hard to source parts myself Thanks @Devinda_Z !

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 9:16 PM, CricDasher said:

One of my close friends owns a Daihatsu Terios 2007 and he has lost one of the covers that encloses front-right end-fitting of the roof railing. He is looking for a replacement and I was wondering whether you guys have any idea of a place where I can find the replacement covers. I am pretty sure that if I am to buy this, he will have to at least buy all four covers together and in the worst case, he might have to replace both railings. 

The following figure will give you an idea of what I am looking for. What he has lost is the right-front cover and the image with the caption "correct one" is just the right-rear cover.

IMG-20200601-WA0007.thumb.jpg.56e0dd4d987fbe4cd6330af95e73f1b5.jpg

I found the following image from one of the popular china-based online stores and this is somewhat similar to what I am looking for (the parts of image given in the following image, apparently fits Toyota RAV 4 and the seller does not ship to Sri Lanka anyway)

4Pcs-For-Toyota-RAV4-2001-2017-Car-Roof-