• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My New Ride : Toyota Premio 2015

danuja

Hi guyz,

I finally brought a Perl White Toyota premio after inspection of 3 or 4 cars.. actually I searched for 2013 manufactured one but I accidentally found this 2015 one with low mileage.. 

however the car is all same. the car is perfect but I had to change the battery because the person who used this before me is in Italy and car was not started for long period, but he fully paid for the battery xD. before this premio I drove a vitz 2016 for 2 years and this is much better than that. The seats are super comfortable and driving experience was super smooth, well I pretty happy with car and specially I want to thank you guys very much! you guys are helped me a lot!Thanks very much!!

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-04 at 09.13.21 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-04 at 09.13.23.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-04 at 09.13.22.jpeg

jkjkn.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, danuja said:

Congratulations. Look sooooo good.

Yes changing the battery is very good. Might want to check tires as well. Not only tires might have flat spots for not moving but also rubber might have got close to expiry time as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on the new ride. Did you get rid of the Vitz before buying this or bought this in addition to the Vitz? How do you compare the handling of the two cars given somewhat the same suspension setting, same width but Premio being lengthier? 

4 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Congratulations and wish you many happy kms with your new ride!

How is the fuel economy? Do a tank-to-tank fuel economy check next time you refuel the vehicle

well the fuel economy is pretty much better. It did about 15-16 km/l when I brought it Kurunegala to Kandy :) 

1 hour ago, ghostwriter said:

Congratulations on the new ride. Did you get rid of the Vitz before buying this or bought this in addition to the Vitz? How do you compare the handling of the two cars given somewhat the same suspension setting, same width but Premio being lengthier? 

yah I brought this as addition to Vitz ….well in handling Vitz is obviously easy cuz its a smaller car and turning radius is also law but Premio is also easy to handle than I expected...but the driving experience is way better , driving is super smooth than the Vitz and Alto I previously used. And the engine sound is also very law..I felt like I was driving a Hybrid LOL ? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ghostwriter said:

17 hours ago, danuja said:

Hi guyz,

I finally brought a Perl White Toyota premio after inspection of 3 or 4 cars.. actually I searched for 2013 manufactured one but I accidentally found this 2015 one with low mileage.. 

however the car is all same. the car is perfect but I had to change the battery because the person who used this before me is in Italy and car was not started for long period, but he fully paid for the battery xD. before this premio I drove a vitz 2016 for 2 years and this is much better than that. The seats are super comfortable and driving experience was super smooth, well I pretty happy with car and specially I want to thank you guys very much! you guys are helped me a lot!Thanks very much!!

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-04 at 09.13.23.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-04 at 09.13.22.jpeg

jkjkn.png

This must like be nirvana when compared to the vitz, pretty car Congrats.
something I’ve always wondered, do they do the facelift here, to the latest model, I’ve seen pakistanis or Bangladeshi troops going at it.

+1 on the alloy wheels, many perks 

1 hour ago, tiv said:

This must like be nirvana when compared to the vitz, pretty car Congrats.
something I’ve always wondered, do they do the facelift here, to the latest model, I’ve seen pakistanis or Bangladeshi troops going at it.

+1 on the alloy wheels, many perks 

Yes ! I saw some guy advertising the facelift on one of the FB groups. Not sure if anyone has actually done it :)

Now..lets talk about what you can do to her :)

Yes on the wheels ! Slightly wider please :) Do not get those cheap Chinese fake ones ! Get a proper brand...Japanese ones are a bit pricey if you go brand new but used ones are affordable. There are quite a few good Malaysian brands as well. Wait till your tires get worn out or tires show signs of fatigue to do the swap :)

I would say lower her about 2cm - 4cm..the visual change is pretty drastic but the ride might be a bit harder than now and I get the feeling you would to appreciate it.

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2020 at 6:06 PM, iRage said:

Not exactly my choice of wheels...but just to give you an idea how different and how much more sleeker the car looks with a slight drop...

p1.jpg?ct=fa143bc401a2p1.jpg?ct=f959075eb990のカスタム事例画像 さんのの投稿 1枚目のカスタム事例画像 さんのの投稿 1枚目のカスタム事例画像 さんのの投稿 1枚目のカスタム事例画像 さんのの投稿 1枚目

yah I watch couple of alloy wheels but those are pretty expensive so I thought of upgrading them after 2 or 3 months when I settled.

anyway what are the other changes can do for my car?

Edited by danuja

I wouldn't recommend anything above 16" that would ruin the ride will be prone to scrapes. 

And tire replacement cost will also need to be factored every inch of diameter will increase the cost by 40-50%

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, danuja said:

yah I watch couple of alloy wheels but those are pretty expensive so I thought of upgrading them after 2 or 3 months when I settled.

anyway what are the other changes can do for my car?

For a car like a Premio..its best to keep it stock and just go for the subtleties. So slightly bigger and wider wheels...maybe a bit of a suspension tune up in terms of strut bars for handling, maybe 1cm drop or so. Then that is it..do not go sticking those stick on lips and stuff...that is just crap. If you want any body kits...see if you can find an original kit from Toyota (Modellista/TRD) . They never had a kit for the Premio so you will have to fit one from an Allion (lathough it looks out of place). Alternatively there are a few Japanese aftermarket lips for the Premio...Again..I don't think a body kit actually goes well with the features of the car. You could look in to upgrading the exhaust system. Not to make it loud or anything but to make it breath a little bit better. If you get something like a Wicked EP kit it will hve a nice soft note to the sound as well. You could look in to upgrading the air intake (again..nothing aggressive). Maybe use better brake system..something like better ventilated disks or low dust pads.... 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, iRage said:

For a car like a Premio..its best to keep it stock and just go for the subtleties. So slightly bigger and wider wheels...maybe a bit of a suspension tune up in terms of strut bars for handling, maybe 1cm drop or so.

I bet getting wider wheels could increase the road noise and might impact a on steering feel right? I bet same width and 1 size taller tires with slightly lower load index would give a comfort ride right?

Doesn't a 1cm drop would make it feel more firm / reduce in comfort? Also the ground clearance might be a concern too right? If ground clearance is not a concern and need to maintain the same comfort level that would be lot of work to find the right shocks and correct load rated spring?

I may be wrong, I was just thinking of the comfort aspect of it as this is not a car that people would think of handling department. For example someone buying a lancer / civic I would totally agree with wider tires, etc..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kmeeg said:

I bet getting wider wheels could increase the road noise and might impact a on steering feel right? I bet same width and 1 size taller tires with slightly lower load index would give a comfort ride right?

Doesn't a 1cm drop would make it feel more firm / reduce in comfort? Also the ground clearance might be a concern too right? If ground clearance is not a concern and need to maintain the same comfort level that would be lot of work to find the right shocks and correct load rated spring?

I may be wrong, I was just thinking of the comfort aspect of it as this is not a car that people would think of handling department. For example someone buying a lancer / civic I would totally agree with wider tires, etc..

not really. I am not suggesting go for 8s or anything of the sort.

The 1.5L Premio comes with 6Js and 185 tires and the 2L G variant comes with 6Js with 195/65 tires....the wider tire itself gives the wheels a nicer look but with the 6J wheel it looks a bit flabby. THe 2L G Superior comes with a 195/55 tire on a 6J. The thing is considering the heigh and front/back stance of the car, the tires look too thin.  Going to  6.5J with a 195 tire would still  keep the stock feel but fill up the arch a bit more inwards. So no..there is not going to be a noticeable drag you refer to.

As for suspension...again no...the issue is most people when they put lowering springs they make two mistakes.

1. They do not think about the spring rate.  They just think about the height and invariably and obliviously put tighter springs.

2. They do not think about the shock absorber. They do not think about the need for short stroke dampers. They put lowering springs on the standard dampers. The result is that the shock absorber is in a ompressed state because the spring is compressing the strut to keep the body low. Thus the shock absorber arm does not have enough play to absorb the bumps. 

(depending on the extent of the drop you would also need to think about roll center adjusters...but lets just leave that for later)

Now..a 1cm (or even less if needed depending on the wheel he goes for) drop is not that drastic. So as long as the lowering spring has the stock spring rate...the shocks should be okay (most old cars lose that much height with age and the springs wearing out anyway). 

• Thanks 2