• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

best place to buy tires

56 minutes ago, thusharak340 said:

Hi,

I am going to buy tires through website (greecemonkey.com), is it reliable and worth for money as I see a big discount where can't get from other places,

Please advise

@thusharak340 i've bought various parts (a Bosch Horn), additives, cleaning products etc from them and have been happy with the service.

Yes they do offer some good rates on tires but make sure you get a written confirmation with pictoral evidence if possible of the week & year of manufacture of the tire (which is stamped on the sidewall)

Generally tires have a 5 year life span so make sure that you aren't buying old stock as rubber hardens, cracks and deteriorates over time.

If i were you I would not be willing to accept anything other than something made in 2019.

It's a tedious process but sometimes I've managed to get competitive rates from the local agents/importers directly but there are others like Douglas & Sons who will not deal with retails buyers at all.

What brand and size are you looking at buying if you don't mind me asking?

Some popular dealers like U&H on Malay Street might be able to swing you a deal/price match and offer free value additions like free wheel alignment & balancing etc.

I think http://tyrebass.lk/ has started offering mobile service as well now

• Like 1

Well I have used them to get a set of wiper blades. In terms of the delivery time it was on time, and the product was authentic as advertised no issues with that.

However when it comes to tires, do they mention the details like Manufactured date on their website ? Because we never know if they are trying to push tires with old manufactured dates. As tires also have a shelf life, its always better to see the manufactured date embossed on the tire before buying. So I personally prefer to order my tires from the agent via my local tire shop. 

You may also need to consider the prevailing situation in country when ordering online these days. As there is a high chance of delays. 

On 6/4/2020 at 2:12 PM, Devinda_Z said:

@thusharak340 i've bought various parts (a Bosch Horn), additives, cleaning products etc from them and have been happy with the service.

Yes they do offer some good rates on tires but make sure you get a written confirmation with pictoral evidence if possible of the week & year of manufacture of the tire (which is stamped on the sidewall)

Generally tires have a 5 year life span so make sure that you aren't buying old stock as rubber hardens, cracks and deteriorates over time.

If i were you I would not be willing to accept anything other than something made in 2019.

It's a tedious process but sometimes I've managed to get competitive rates from the local agents/importers directly but there are others like Douglas & Sons who will not deal with retails buyers at all.

What brand and size are you looking at buying if you don't mind me asking?

Some popular dealers like U&H on Malay Street might be able to swing you a deal/price match and offer free value additions like free wheel alignment & balancing etc.

I think http://tyrebass.lk/ has started offering mobile service as well now

Thank you very much for such valuable information,  Tyre size is 165/14 and  no idea about good brand, can you advise what do you think the brand that suite for me 

On 6/4/2020 at 2:21 PM, GK_007 said:

Well I have used them to get a set of wiper blades. In terms of the delivery time it was on time, and the product was authentic as advertised no issues with that.

However when it comes to tires, do they mention the details like Manufactured date on their website ? Because we never know if they are trying to push tires with old manufactured dates. As tires also have a shelf life, its always better to see the manufactured date embossed on the tire before buying. So I personally prefer to order my tires from the agent via my local tire shop. 

You may also need to consider the prevailing situation in country when ordering online these days. As there is a high chance of delays. 

Thank you very much for the information given

On 6/8/2020 at 1:51 PM, thusharak340 said:

Thank you very much for such valuable information,  Tyre size is 165/14 and  no idea about good brand, can you advise what do you think the brand that suite for me 

@thusharak340 could you please tell us what your car is (Make, model, year of manufacture) , what type of roads you drive on and how many km's you drive per month? Any highway running?

Also do you have a budget in mind?

On 6/10/2020 at 12:30 AM, Devinda_Z said:

@thusharak340 could you please tell us what your car is (Make, model, year of manufacture) , what type of roads you drive on and how many km's you drive per month? Any highway running?

Also do you have a budget in mind?

Hi

Please see below details

Make : Toyota

model : Passo

year of manufacture  : 2017

Roads : normal roads (just suppose Colomb / Kandy road)

Kms : 1,500 per month

Highway : not frequently

Current tyre use: Dunlop / Made in Japan

Budget : I need to buy  made in Japan brand for long lifetime / my budget is not more than 15K rupees per tyre

Appreciate your advise

On 6/15/2020 at 3:45 PM, thusharak340 said:

Hi

Please see below details

Make : Toyota

model : Passo

year of manufacture  : 2017

Roads : normal roads (just suppose Colomb / Kandy road)

Kms : 1,500 per month

Highway : not frequently

Current tyre use: Dunlop / Made in Japan

Budget : I need to buy  made in Japan brand for long lifetime / my budget is not more than 15K rupees per tyre

Appreciate your advise

The ones made in Japan usually are of a slightly softer rubber compound @thusharak340 but don't discount some of the options from reputed manufacturers who produce elsewhere. 

A number of Pirelli options are imported from various (eastern?) european countries for an example

165 / 65 R14 right?

D*MO represents BF Goodrich locally - they had an option below 15k and so did Toyota Lanka who stock Pirelli (Turkish or Romanian made)